Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bournemouth v Charlton Ath |Sat 3rd Aug 2013| Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Good pre-season for your typing fingers RM?
  • I hope the new signings mean its 4-4-2 and we have a go, and not the unbalanced 4-5-1 of last week. Bournemouth would have planned to shut us down and exploit the weaknesses exposed by playing one up front and no real pattern of play. To start with, 4-4-2 will catch them out. I'm optimistic now, where I was pessimistic last week. Looking forward to the day out and a positive result. Football is back, Lovely Jubbly.
  • 2-1 Bournemouth. Hope I'm wrong
  • 2-0 Jackson and harriot
  • New strikers making a difference. 1-2. Yann and Sordell.
  • 4-4-2 - Hamer, Solly Wiggins, Morrison Dervite, Pritchard, Jackson, Gower, Harriot, Yann, Sordell...

0-1 at half time - header from Yann
    0-2 89th minute clincher from Sordell

Nailed on fact - heard from a reliable source... ;-)
  • So no 3rd goal from Churchy in 4th minute of injury time!!
  • Yeah - you're right...

3-0 - Church replacing Sordell scores with his first touch in the 93rd minute...

Can't wait for Saturday! :-)
  • We've got to go 4-4-2 now, surely! We really are not at our best playing one up front with poor old Yann flicking on long punts to no-one in a red shirt. Let's get on the front foot, play a passing game, keep it sensible and tight at the back, and we could grab an opening day win. I think they will be right up for it though, so it will be a very tough test.

1-2 win (before we plummet back to earth with a cup defeat against mighty Oxford on Tuesday).
  • Got my ticket sorted in the Charlton end! :-D predicting 2-1 to Bournemouth all doom and gloom with a few positives as Sordell will look lively and kermogant will be a beast!
  • Sponsored links:

• Jackson might not be fit
  • Changed my mind after we got Sordell, I'll go 0-2.
  • Yesterday I would have taken a point. Now I'm feeling much better about it so its an away win for me, 2-0.
  • 2-1 to charlton church with winner set up by yann chunch having replaced sordell who run himself into the ground
  • Going with a cautious 1-1, with Bournemouth playing well on their first game in the Championship. Pritchard to score.
  • I think the new signings have come too late for us. Bournemouth will have a noisy crowd and be ready for this. 1-0 to them. First games really set up a marker for your season and I really hope we give a good performance like last year at Brum even if we lose. The 2-1 loss at Boro really told us that we had a good team in the play off season. Same again...
  • Fascinating to see who plays where on Saturday, I can't see us playing 4-5-1 after the poor pre-season and we sure as shit aren't getting Sordell for nothing so he will play - he's been playing in pre-season for Bolton so will be fit.

Hamer

Solly - Morrison - Dervite - Wiggins

Pritchard - Gower - Jackson - Harriott

Yann - Sordell
  • Hope to see Ormiston's team, with a bench of something like:

Pope, Cort/Wood, Evina, Stephens/Hollands, Green, Church, Pigott

Will be a close game, will come down to who takes their chances.
  • Redhenry said:

Jackson might not be fit

Worrying - is it just a knock?
  • Why can't tomorrow be today !
  • Sponsored links:

• Tommorrow never dies.
  • Tomorrow never comes
  • Bmouth have their injury problems and that will play in our favour coming out 3 1 winners, Sordell getting a late late 3rd from the bench (just arrived, 451 away from home, blah de blah).
  • Pavo said:

Bmouth have their injury problems and that will play in our favour coming out 3 1 winners, Sordell getting a late late 3rd from the bench (just arrived, 451 away from home, blah de blah).

Who is confirmed as out for Bournemouth ?
  • Really want a win... if for no other reason than because I can't face logging on to here on Monday to find a flood of negativity and depression from the doom mongers about what a dire state we are in and how much of a long hard slog the season is going to be.
  • Last time I heard Arter Ritchie Pitman were all doubts
  • 3-0 Bournemouth.

Just to bring us back down after the high of some players arriving.
  • Andrew Surman signed on loan for Bournemouth yesterday. Handy player, I'd guess he'll be straight into the starting lineup.
  • Agree with the prediction regarding the starting XI that StubleyAddick supplied in the original post although maybe Hollands may be chosen ahead of Dale to add a bit of fight.

Overall can't see anything other than a Charlton win.
    Sordell & Church will be good to come off the bench should need be.
    But Harriott & Kerm would have wrapped the points up by then.

COYR
  • Shaky first half, Charlton will settle into the game and come away with three points goals from: Jacko, Kermo and Sordo