Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Good news.
  • Seems to fit our mould. not seen him but least our cb's are sorted barring injury to any of them.
  • never seen him play that I can recall .. but if the manager is happy ... welcome to Richard
  • Don't understand this if I'm honest, what's wood going to do that Taylor wasn't?? We should spending money on strikers who are going to keep us in the league
  • Cb positions covered.
  • Welcome to Charlton Dickie, hope you enjoy the ride.
  • Welcome aboard Richard.
  • Don't understand this if I'm honest, what's wood going to do that Taylor wasn't?? We should spending money on strikers who are going to keep us in the league

Maybe he's cheaper than Taylor thus freeing up cash for a forward.
  • Welcome Wooden Dick, our numbers are now swollen
  • he looked ok against welling welcome rich
  • Sponsored links:

• ONE YEAR !!! ffs

only players aged 36+ and crocks sign for that length of time

just shows we ain't got any money...

Maybe he's cheaper than Taylor thus freeing up cash for a forward.
    I very much doubt it
  • ONE YEAR !!! ffs

OR we're being sensible and not locking ourselves into long-term contracts that we can't afford if the worst happens.
  • ONE YEAR !!! ffs

OR we're being sensible and not locking ourselves into long-term contracts that we can't afford if the worst happens.

what, so he can leave like the other 25 players next May...............good thinking !!

• Why would you give a 33 year old more than a one year deal? Jesus, Golfie, get a grip. You're just looking for stuff to gripe about. It's a perfectly sensible decision.
  • Or he can leave in May when we're promoted and he is surplus to requirements whilst we sign Nastasic, Smalling and Sakho ;-)
  • edited July 2013
    Vincenzo said:

Why would you give a 33 year old more than a one year deal? Jesus, Golfie, get a grip. You're just looking for stuff to gripe about. It's a perfectly sensible decision.

then why let Taylor go who was just as good and a lot younger ?? I doubt v. much if Taylor was on a big wedge.

it just seems to me that there is no plan - same with the strikers.

• Matt Wrights resignation frees up money for a one year deal,if a couple more resign we can have a forward
  • ONE YEAR !!! ffs

what, so he can leave like the other 25 players next May...............good thinking !!

Jesus. We sign a player and you still get negativity. Dervite signed a one-year deal last summer and has just renewed. I very much doubt we'll lose 25 players next summer. A bit over the top that.
  • Some wrote Dervite off last year based on what they saw in pre-season. He's probably not at the level Powell hoped he'd be signing but most of his signings have turned out well. I trust Powell and his staff to get the best out of him if he plays. For now he's probably 4th choice and it's up to him to prove he's better than our other CBs. Don't see anything wrong with this signing, nothing wrong with a few older signings on short term deals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Isn't Wood 28
  • You're right, so as a CB should be coming up to his peak...
  • sam3110 said:

Or he can leave in May when we're promoted and he is surplus to requirements whilst we sign Nastasic, Smalling and Sakho ;-)

That's the spirit :o)
  • Vincenzo said:

Why would you give a 33 year old more than a one year deal? Jesus, Golfie, get a grip. You're just looking for stuff to gripe about. It's a perfectly sensible decision.

then why let Taylor go who was just as good and a lot younger ?? I doubt v. much if Taylor was on a big wedge.

Matt Taylor wanted to play First Team football and Powell could not guarantee him that. He wanted to keep him but that's life.

Interview in the SLP last week
  • according to the OS he signed on Monday ?
  • As a matter of interest, Matt Taylor is 4 years OLDER than Wood.

We're doomed! .(NOT!)...
  • ONE YEAR !!! ffs

Can't see the forest for the trees...

• edited July 2013

Vincenzo said:

shows how much you know!
  • I say lets moan about not signing any players then..............................

when we sign some lets moan about signing players.

If we do this we can moan continually because that's what we like to do and what we're best at.

Well some of the people on here anyway.
  • As a matter of interest, Matt Taylor is 4 years OLDER than Wood.

We're doomed! .(NOT!)...

Hey now, stop looking at facts and being logical, there's no call for that. Just accept WE'RE DOOMED TO DOOM DOOMILY and we'll all get along fine. Well apart from the rose tinted brigade...