Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Russians in for Charlton as Jimenez looks to sell to consortium

Comments

• in the last two hours since your post lol
  • AFKA, why are you leaning towards the feeling that its collapsed?

Just in what various unconnected people have been saying of late. May be wrong of course
    It has collapsed.
    lol
  • Brilliant!
  • Were they using Pirelli tyres??
  • edited June 2013
    Let's all just wait until it's confirmed by either Routers or The Morning Star before we count our chickens in future eh? Ffs
  • Mike said:

in the last two hours since your post lol

Recent, but not quite that recent! I'll have a word with PTP about keeping me up to speed.
  • More wind and bluster. Pointless.
  • If it has collapsed, perhaps now we might see some activity in bringing some players in, otherwise we will be playing Welling with just Kermy up-front !!
  • Off_it said:

More wind and bluster. Pointless.

Off_it said:

I think the fact that this news has broken with Rick saying due diligence has been happening for some weeks without anyone "ITK" saying something is happening makes me think that this has more legs than people are giving it credit for.

Well he's potentially put the kybosh on it now, hasn't he. Nice one.
    Spot the difference.

• Off_it said:

Off_it said:

I think the fact that this news has broken with Rick saying due diligence has been happening for some weeks without anyone "ITK" saying something is happening makes me think that this has more legs than people are giving it credit for.

Spot the difference.

So you knew it had collapsed but posted your little "titbit" anyway.

Pointless.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2013
  • There is indeed a due diligence exercise in progress. I understand it is being led for CAFC by Slater and Max Deeley - and that PT Prothero only learned about it from Richard Murray. I'll leave you to look Max up. His directorships are interesting. I would say Russian involvement is likely, but I don't have any verification of that.

• AFKA, why are you leaning towards the feeling that its collapsed?

Just in what various unconnected people have been saying of late. May be wrong of course
    It has collapsed.
    Spot the difference
  • edited June 2013

I think the fact that this news has broken with Rick saying due diligence has been happening for some weeks without anyone "ITK" saying something is happening makes me think that this has more legs than people are giving it credit for. Then again i might just be being optimistic.

There is, however, the moral dilemma of where is this Russian money coming from. If it's from an oligarch then would people be happy with them spending money on the club? Many Russian billionaires are billionaires so quickly after the fall of the soviet union because of mafia connections and dodgy dealings. I'm making a wild generalisation here and I'm sure there are many "straight edge" seriously rich Russians in the world.

The quicker CAFC is run as a club with a medium term break even, the better. Then we won't need any billionaire investors to rescue us / use the club as a plaything. I think break even can only really happen by going for one year in the Premier League and then coming straight back down with parachute money. How the owners get there is the big question.

The thing about "ITK" is that people probably prefer confidentiality rather than having to spin news / worry about what might leak.

I can't see how due diligence can take too long because with a club like CAFC we are talking how accurate are the accounts and paperwork like player contracts and the title of the Valley / training ground together with associated mortgage... so either the deal happens or it doesn't - let's wait and see.
  • I don't believe e knew till an hr or so ago
  • What a load of old bollocks. Not interested what happens upstairs anymore, SCP and the players are the only thing worth talking about.

Clutching at straws, but I don't think it has colapsed - maybe AB has said so to keep it from 'blowing up' into something big
  • Short article in today's Sunday Mail, confirming the above news. The article also stated that Charlton's operating loss for last year was £7.46m

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Spot the difference.

Pointless.
    No, when I saw the story in the Mail reported on here I felt able to post what I knew and have known for several weeks because the matter was now in the public domain. I'd had information about it this week that supported the view it was current, as did the newspaper story. However, based on other postings here I made some calls and verified that it had collapsed, apparently on Friday.

I think anyone who is interested – and I doubt there are many of them – has realised by now that you feel the need to attack anything I say, even if that means taking up contradictory positions to do so. But that’s your problem, rather than mine.

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Spot the difference.

Pointless.
    No, when I saw the story in the Mail reported on here I felt able to post what I knew and have known for several weeks because the matter was now in the public domain. I'd had information about it this week that supported the view it was current, as did the newspaper story. However, based on other postings here I made some calls and verified that it had collapsed, apparently on Friday.

I think anyone who is interested – and I doubt there are many of them – has realised by now that you feel the need to attack anything I say, even if that means taking up contradictory positions to do so. But that’s your problem, rather than mine.
    Do you know if it is completely dead or temporary , could a deal still be sorted out ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks again for your input Airman, it's appreciated by most of us I'm sure.

...now, where's that drawing board gone???
  • Thanks again for your input Airman, it's appreciated by most of us I'm sure.

yeah cheers airman for coming on here saying a takeover is quite far into proceedings then a few hours later saying it collapsed last week!!
  • Mike said:

Thanks again for your input Airman, it's appreciated by most of us I'm sure.

yeah cheers airman for coming on here saying a takeover is quite far into proceedings then a few hours later saying it collapsed last week!!
    Of course the information you provided was also really helpful.

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Spot the difference.

Pointless.

Any reason that you know of why the deal was canned?
  • Mike said:

yeah id say it's more helpful to say nothing than say something that's not right.
  • Mike said:

Mike said:

yeah id say it's more helpful to say nothing than say something that's not right.
    what was incorrect about what he said? He said due dilligence had been going on for a few weeks. Do you have any evidence that this was not the case? No? Then schtum.
  • Mike said:

Mike said:

what was incorrect about what he said? He said due dilligence had been going on for a few weeks. Do you have any evidence that this was not the case? No? Then schtum.
    well if it collapsed on Friday, it's not in progress like he said is it?
  • Good old pre-season Sunday threads, can't beat em!
  • I would guess we are always up for sale as TJ & Co look to make a profit on us. So DD is likely to happen from time to time.
    For me transparency is everything so I'm glad Rick gave us the extra info.
  • Mike said:

Mike said:

Mike said:

well if it collapsed on Friday, it's not in progress like he said is it?
    I think he has a life that he has to attend to rather than make phone calls every day to see how the football club is doing.