Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Russians in for Charlton as Jimenez looks to sell to consortium

Comments

• There is indeed a due diligence exercise in progress. I understand it is being led for CAFC by Slater and Max Deeley - and that PT Prothero only learned about it from Richard Murray. I'll leave you to look Max up. His directorships are interesting. I would say Russian involvement is likely, but I don't have any verification of that.

Due diligence?, well that's the end of that then!

• Hannover Private Office again - wasn't our chopper loving ex Director Alex Newall also working there?
  • Deeley is Cash's man isn't he?
  • He also invented these:

• Yeah just because they are Russian, it doesn't mean they are Roman Abramovic....

It means they are more like this guy......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Rybolovlev

Falcao please.
  • Is he related to Cat Deeley?

*boing*
  • Don't be daft Stig, everyone knows that was Cat Deeley...
  • Mr Deeley seems to like getting involved with companies with 'Blue' in their titles. New shirt sponsor and new club colours might be part of any deal. Have Cardiff got any old shirts they ain't gonna need?
  • Swisdom said:

Is he related to Cat Deeley?

*boing*

Yes I think it's her brother.
  • One of his directorships is North Aston Hall Farms Limited. North Aston Hall being Kevin Cash's residence.

• Sponsored links:

• There is indeed a due diligence exercise in progress. I understand it is being led for CAFC by Slater and Max Deeley - and that PT Prothero only learned about it from Richard Murray. I'll leave you to look Max up. His directorships are interesting. I would say Russian involvement is likely, but I don't have any verification of that.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2204/5821501164_d5ab625998.jpg

• At least they wont change the colour of the shirts.
  • Penalty kick = пенальти (penal'ti)
    assailant = нападающий (napadayuschij)
    defender = защитник (zaschitnik)
    line = черта (cherta)
    goal = гол (gol)
    red card = красная карточка (krasnaya kartochka)
    yellow card = желтая карточка (zhyoltaya kartochka)
  • I expect the club is "in play" this summer but without any other knowledge we can only assume it is 50:50 whether a deal goes through. Whoever owns the club, it is still losing money, albeit the losses should be shrinking with ST price rises and the departure of a number of players.

As reported by the trust recently, CAFC losses are within FFP guidelines and there is room to spend on the squad if money is available. Whether we want or don't want a particular nationality of owner is out of our gift. The only thing which is certain is that there are gaps in the playing squad which need filling. Whether they are filled with loans, permanent signings or academy graduates is the question right now.
    line = черта (cherta)
    goal = гол (gol)

What's the Russian for "You're 'aving a larff, incha!"?

line = черта (cherta)
    goal = гол (gol)

у вас смех, не так ли!
  • I think the fact that this news has broken with Rick saying due diligence has been happening for some weeks without anyone "ITK" saying something is happening makes me think that this has more legs than people are giving it credit for. Then again i might just be being optimistic.

There is, however, the moral dilemna of where is this Russian money coming from. If it's from an oligarch then would people be happy with them spending money on the club? Many Russian billionaires are billionaires so quickly after the fall of the soviet union because of mafia connections and dodgy dealings. I'm making a wild generalisation here and I'm sure there are many "straight edge" seriously rich Russians in the world.
  • I think the fact that this news has broken with Rick saying due diligence has been happening for some weeks without anyone "ITK" saying something is happening makes me think that this has more legs than people are giving it credit for.

Well he's potentially put the kybosh on it now, hasn't he. Nice one.
    line = черта (cherta)
    goal = гол (gol)

у вас смех, не так ли!
    Can you give me that phonetically?

• Sponsored links:

• it broke in press first off it tbf

• edited June 2013
    Off_it said:

I think the fact that this news has broken with Rick saying due diligence has been happening for some weeks without anyone "ITK" saying something is happening makes me think that this has more legs than people are giving it credit for.

Didn't realise he wrote for the Daily Mail
  • it broke in press first off it tbf

What, that due diligence had been going on for weeks? Don't think so.
  • I understand that point mate
  • I think the fact that this news has broken with Rick saying due diligence has been happening for some weeks without anyone "ITK" saying something is happening makes me think that this has more legs than people are giving it credit for. Then again i might just be being optimistic.

There is, however, the moral dilemna of where is this Russian money coming from. If it's from an oligarch then would people be happy with them spending money on the club? Many Russian billionaires are billionaires so quickly after the fall of the soviet union because of mafia connections and dodgy dealings. I'm making a wild generalisation here and I'm sure there are many "straight edge" seriously rich Russians in the world.

I don't share your confidence about that. I think you'll find that most of the "seriously rich" Russians got their dosh by plundering state assets.

• Off_it said:

I think the fact that this news has broken with Rick saying due diligence has been happening for some weeks without anyone "ITK" saying something is happening makes me think that this has more legs than people are giving it credit for.

If it has got that far then I doubt Airman's 'leak' would kill the deal.

• maybe something changed Off it from the keep stchum scenario to the put info out there ,
  • Or prob not
  • Off_it said:

it broke in press first off it tbf

What, that due diligence had been going on for weeks? Don't think so.
    If the deal dies I doubt it'll be because of something written here.

• Off_it said:

If it has got that far then I doubt Airman's 'leak' would kill the deal.

Really? Been involved with many dd exercises have you?

I have. Each deal is different, of course, but the last thing anyone on either side usually wants is the deal leaking out before they are good and ready. That kind of shit has a tendency to sour things.

Of course, things may be getting leaked deliberately for a variety of reasons. But in my view the best policy is to keep Schtum until its a done deal.

Unless you are trying to make things difficult, of course.