Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russians in for Charlton as Jimenez looks to sell to consortium

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    We are Charlton. We don't have and won't have in future billionaire owners pumping millions into the club. If we do they'll probably want to replace Powell with their own choice of manager.

Aren't the fair play rules going to stop owners putting millions into clubs to spend on players? Or will they just find ways around it such as a sponsoring the shirt or stadium?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    I get excited for 2 mins then just think of all the other bullshit stories we've had to endure.

Just want the football to start
  • Options
    Good photo of the ground in that article though.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I get excited for 2 mins then just think of all the other bullshit stories we've had to endure.

this, except 2 seconds in my case, been here before haven't we?

more of a worry to Charlton fans I think should be lack of player transfers in the window and now, that being a tangible 'fact' what message does that send, given the short term plan to get us in the prem, and the 7m losses just to stand still?
  • Options
    Dont get excited VG how many times have we heard this for it to get to DD and stop

I have no faith it will come to anything infact i reckon its already dead in the water

And that we are just being fed something that is either

A. a move on the clubs behalf to push an interested party back to the table who had walked away by saying someone else is interested

B. a line to show fans we are trying to move the club on and its a veiled attempt to explain and gain sympathy for not spending cash on players , not a bad thing to do
  • Options
    C. TJ has been touting around the Club and the Russians are the next 'interested' party
  • Options
    Well lets see i worry about DD as we seem to fall at this hurdle and that makes me wonder why
  • Options
    Groundhog Day, anyone ?
  • Options
    D. journalistic cobbling of truths and half truths
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I get ya raz
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I have it on good authority that we're getting a new shirt sponsor too.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    or a line to "explain" why we cant spend on new transfers before the new owners are in place
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Mind you, have you seen this headline in the Russian press?
    'Buyout Imminent'
    The photos of the secret money man (keep an eye out for him at Welling) aided by a former UK Rock Scissors Paper champion and mother Teresa with Jiminez round the back of the covered end catering outlet have had to be cut, sadly.

• Options
    razil said:

this, except 2 seconds in my case, been here before haven't we?

more of a worry to Charlton fans I think should be lack of player transfers in the window and now, that being a tangible 'fact' what message does that send, given the short term plan to get us in the prem, and the 7m losses just to stand still?
    Perhaps all spending has been put on hold if a takeover is going through...
  • Options
    There is indeed a due diligence exercise in progress. I understand it is being led for CAFC by Slater and Max Deeley - and that PT Prothero only learned about it from Richard Murray. I'll leave you to look Max up. His directorships are interesting. I would say Russian involvement is likely, but I don't have any verification of that.
  • Options

There is indeed a due diligence exercise in progress. I understand it is being led for CAFC by Slater and Max Deeley - and that PT Prothero only learned about it from Richard Murray. I'll leave you to look Max up. His directorships are interesting. I would say Russian involvement is likely, but I don't have any verification of that.

Blimey !

• Options

He really doesn't seem qualified to take this on if you ask me :-)

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-15428298
  • Options
    Well there we have it!
  • Options
    I thought the Rock Paper Scissors thing was just random, blimey!
    Not sure that Russian money is necessarily a good thing, for every Chelski there's a Hearts. (And I know he was Lithuanian, but money came from the same source).
    Mind you, any money seems to be our problem...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wow.

Any idea how far into the process they are? It would be nice to know roughly how long we've got to wait before they buy or walk.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Cheer for that Airman .. Sounds like the rumour has a bit more about it than the others.. We'll wait and see though
  • Options
    I wonder why this story has been let out. Doesn't fit in with previous scenarios.
  • Options

Wow.

Any idea how far into the process they are? It would be nice to know roughly how long we've got to wait before they buy or walk.
    Some weeks.
  • Options
    There's a full list of Deeley's directorships on Google.
  • Options
    Looking at the scant info available online on Max Deeley would I be right in thinking that we have another potential Slater/Jimenez scenario on our hands? That is a buyer who is fronting up unknown people/interests?
  • Options
    Deeley represents a current owner.
  • Options
    That would explain the snow in the West Stand Car Park
  • Options

Deeley represents a current owner.

His involvement with Hanover Office is the clue here ?