Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon /Andy Murray

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    he won a few games of tennis ffs.

Wiggins-riding a bike

Ashes team-throwing/catching/hitting a ball

Steve Redgrave etc-rowing a sodding boat

Seb Coe-running fast

way over the top :)

• Options
    I don't remember Fred Perry being a "Sir" and he won Wimbledon 3 times as well as being one of only seven players to have won all four Grand Slam tournaments in his career.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I don't remember Fred Perry being a "Sir" and he won Wimbledon 3 times as well as being one of only seven players to have won all four Grand Slam tournaments in his career.

Ah, but he committed the sin of going professional :-)
  • Options
    No especially wiggins i mean what sir turns his back on his team when needed

Not really knightly king arthur would never have allowed one of his knights betray another through personal jealousy
  • Options
    edited July 2013

I watched with a big % of the Urumqi British population at home last night. English, Scots, Welsh all united. Lots of big cheers at the end.

Somebody earlier in the thread mentioned Murray stopping to shake John McEnroe's hand on the way up to hug his family/coaches etc.

How did Johnny Mac manage to commentate while being in the crowd???

McEnroe was sat in the commentary box that Murray had to climb on to get to his team. The box has an open front so JM stuck his hand out and congratulated Murray on his way past.
    I saw that but I had always thought that commentary box was enclosed , was it a fold down window because I can't believe that they could commentate in an open box that close to the court
    Not as far as I could tell. I was watching the ESPN coverage which was who JM was commentating for and a bit later their cameraman went and stood in front of the box and filmed the three commentators through the window. It looked like it was just an open front but I can't say that having just watched Murray win Wimbledon the construction of the commentary box was high on my mind!