Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon /Andy Murray

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    To be honest the only real support i have seen or heard has been on here or on tele at Wimbledon. Everyone in my life seems pretty disinterested. No one i know is anti Murray either. Strange.

• Options
    Simply brilliant.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a recording or link to that amazing line of commentary from Becker...."I'm getting excited"
  • Options

Does anyone have a recording or link to that amazing line of commentary from Becker...."I'm getting excited"

Was he in a cupboard at the time ?

• Options
    Andrew castle was nervous but becker said i am excited everyone in the footie club bar i was in was wondering if he was going for a polish
  • Options

To be honest the only real support i have seen or heard has been on here or on tele at Wimbledon. Everyone in my life seems pretty disinterested. No one i know is anti Murray either. Strange.

You must be with different people, lots of people I know wanted Murray to win.

A great performance, as he said later on, in every Grand Slam final he's been in, he's played either Federer or Djokovic, so he's had to give everything and more to win what he's won.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited July 2013
    Watched this in California today. ESPN commentary with John and Patrick McEnroe. They were so pleased for Andy and so am I. Genuinely seems a nice guy after quite a few years of frustration. Monkey off his back now. Well done Andy. So, let's fulfill John McEnroe's prophecy and win a few more grand slams. He's usually pretty much spot on with what he says. I must admit I don't understand the Murray bashers on here. Some people just like to whine.
  • Options
    I watched with a big % of the Urumqi British population at home last night. English, Scots, Welsh all united. Lots of big cheers at the end.

Somebody earlier in the thread mentioned Murray stopping to shake John McEnroe's hand on the way up to hug his family/coaches etc.

How did Johnny Mac manage to commentate while being in the crowd???
  • Options

I watched with a big % of the Urumqi British population at home last night. English, Scots, Welsh all united. Lots of big cheers at the end.

Somebody earlier in the thread mentioned Murray stopping to shake John McEnroe's hand on the way up to hug his family/coaches etc.

McEnroe was sat in the commentary box that Murray had to climb on to get to his team. The box has an open front so JM stuck his hand out and congratulated Murray on his way past.
  • Options

McEnroe was sat in the commentary box that Murray had to climb on to get to his team. The box has an open front so JM stuck his hand out and congratulated Murray on his way past.

You Cannot Be Serious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You must be with different people, lots of people I know wanted Murray to win.

A great performance, as he said later on, in every Grand Slam final he's been in, he's played either Federer or Djokovic, so he's had to give everything and more to win what he's won.
    Yes likewise, I was in a pub packed with English, Scottish and Irish people (from both sides of the border) and everyone was cheering for Andy Murray.
  • Options

I saw that but I had always thought that commentary box was enclosed , was it a fold down window because I can't believe that they could commentate in an open box that close to the court
  • Options
    Simply brilliant. I warmed to him this year in a way I couldn't in the past. Had money on Djokovich from the start so was a loser there but, hey, worth it to experience something special that a whole generation have not............77 years of hurt dealt with!
  • Options
    Brilliant - have been following him from the start, and delighted to see him mature into a Grand Slam champion. Both the physical and mental changes he has gone through show his toughness and determintation to win. Roll on the next one!
  • Options
    Murray won on on 7/7
    77 years since Fred Perry
    Last Brit Viginia Wade won in '77
    Murray's 7th Grand Slam final
    Murray & Djokovic 7 days apart in age
    Murray broke him in the 7th game of each set
  • Options

Murray won on on 7/7

77 years since our highest league finish.
  • Options

Murray won on on 7/7

So, just as I thought, it was just luck!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    well done Andy.

will there be an Andy Murray clothing range now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic victory over one tough opponent. Even though it was straight sets win always felt he looked like he could come back.fine margins in all the sets and murray knows what a hard match that was.kept his nerve so well which is such a big part of things with so evenly matched players.but nothing was going to deny him that trophy today.
  • Options
    Salad said:

Great minds think alike Salad : - )
  • Options
    See there's calls for a knighthood, wait until he stops playing first, he's only 26 give him one at the end of his career when we can truly appreciate his career
  • Options

See there's calls for a knighthood, wait until he stops playing first, he's only 26 give him one at the end of his career when we can truly appreciate his career

I agree, think it's ridiculous to give it to someone only 26, he has loads more to achieve. Politicians trying to jump on the popularity bandwagon as usual.

• Options
    Completely agree. Wait until his career is over.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Too many awards are given for sport these days, let him contribute to the nation to get his award, helping develop the game or charity work, not for winning the thing that he is there for. Biggest bollocks was the awards to the 2005 Ashes winning team, there are lots more deserving than people doing what they are paid to do ... very generously.
  • Options
    It would look really odd for a scruffy 26 year old to be addressed as Sir Andrew Murray every time he came on court! Especially when playing 'commoners' like Federer and Djokovic with all their Grand Slam titles
  • Options
    no sports person should be awarded anything until their careers are over its a ridiculous thing to do and it de values the whole thing
  • Options

no sports person should be awarded anything until their careers are over its a ridiculous thing to do and it de values the whole thing

Not even Sir Bradley Wiggins?

• Options
    it is a bit poncey