Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon /Andy Murray

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely brilliant - tears rolling down my face at the end there. Never thought I would see that in my lifetime, right up there with the 1966 World Cup and 2003 Rugby world championship final.

Still not as good as my three visits to Carlisle though!

Are you watching Big Rob?:)
  • Options

Haha it's all gone quiet over in France
  • Options
    Probably still celebrating Bartoli's win yesterday.
  • Options

Probably knocking one out over a celebratory picture of Bartoli, in the French press, after yesterday's win.

Fixed ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    A well deserved reward for a sportsman who has worked his wotsits off and achieved his just desserts and an added bonus is that he is British too.

He deserves to make sporting history and must now be in pole position for sports personality of the year even though it is still only July!

What a class act Djokovic is too. His behaviour when so obviously gutted at losing was exemplary.

Only downside was having to continually see shots of those parasites Cameron, Miliband and Salmond muscling in. If they paid for their tickets fine but I think we know the answer to that...
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Only downside was having to continually see shots of those parasites Cameron, Miliband and Salmond muscling in. If they paid for their tickets fine but I think we know the answer to that...

I am with you on the parasite thing. But they are doomed if they do and doomed if they don't sometimes.
  • Options
    I'm no tennis fan, but thoroughly enjoyed that.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thrashed him.

• Options
    I support Murray because he's a tennis genius, not because he is British...and I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    Loved the match, feel like I need a lie down after that, god knows how Murray feels. My 6 year old had a serious meltdown screaming for Murray, my wife accusing me of whipping her into a frenzy with my screaming. Alreadya Charltonite I think I just turned her into a Murrayite. Congrats Andy heres to many more. Great day great weekend of sport.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Absolutely brilliant - tears rolling down my face at the end there. Never thought I would see that in my lifetime, right up there with the 1966 World Cup and 2003 Rugby world championship final.

Still not as good as my three visits to Carlisle though!

Man up bolloxs!! :)
  • Options
    Great sporting weekend - Lions yesterday, an Irishman wins a stage in the Tour de France and now this...
  • Options
    celtic joy
  • Options
    nolly said:

celtic joy

I think it's Hibs :-)
  • Options
    lol
  • Options

Loved the match, feel like I need a lie down after that, god knows how Murray feels. My 6 year old had a serious meltdown screaming for Murray, my wife accusing me of whipping her into a frenzy with my screaming. Alreadya Charltonite I think I just turned her into a Murrayite. Congrats Andy heres to many more. Great day great weekend of sport.

Nice one, mate !

Fantastic performance from OUR man & thoroughly deserved win. When we thought he might be on a downturn, he came fighting back - respect !

Thought he was going down on one knee when he climbed into the Box....wonder whether Kim felt that too !

• Options
    Bloody love Andy Murray :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Being reported he's donated the £1.6m prize money to the Royal Marsden for its cancer research and care work, Although Paul Hayward is reporting that's not true
  • Options
    Surprised to learn that Britain has won it more than any other nation.
    36 times
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    He donated all his queens winnings which is still a great gesture. Not sure why people need to make that sort of shit up if its not true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sports Personality and probably a knighthood on the way...

Pleased to see Murray win - lifts the curse and gives the BBC something else to concentrate on now.

That last game summed up the match despite the straight sets win.

So up and down but Murray made less errors and hit so many winners.
  • Options
    On my way home from wimbledon. so hot there today. well done Andy
  • Options
    Liked the way he initially celebrated with spectators in the opposite corner to where his coaching team and family were. He presumably had no connection with them, but was just overtaken with the emotion of it all.

I like him - seems a genuine bloke and has obviously worked very hard to get where he is now.
  • Options

Surprised to learn that Britain has won it more than any other nation.
    36 times

I assume not in the modern (professional) era ?
  • Options
    Future Wimbledon Champion

• Options

Take a bow Andy.

What a great British sportsman.

He embodies the best of British. Modest, clean living, shy, maybe a even bit emotionally stunted, but incredibly hard working and with a core of steel.

The natural talent has always been there, but if you've followed him from the start you'll know how hard he has worked to maximise that talent. He's become so incredibly fit, he's minimised he weaknesses and maximised his strengths and he's made smart decisions about the team he works with to help him turn himself from a top player to a great player.

He has truly earnt this and I don't understand how anyone could possibly dislike him or begrudge him this.

Well done Andy , you've done us proud. Now fulfill John McEnroe's predictions and go win 5 to 10 majors.

What, he's taking up golf?
  • Options
    Excellent final Murray comes across as a nice guy don't give a damn if he's Scottish. Great British champion at last! Well done to him.

Also just to add most people that fail to support him for being British because he is a Scotsman, never minded celebrating the gold medal for team GB.
  • Options

Take a bow Andy.

What a great British sportsman.

He embodies the best of British. Modest, clean living, shy, maybe a even bit emotionally stunted, but incredibly hard working and with a core of steel.

The natural talent has always been there, but if you've followed him from the start you'll know how hard he has worked to maximise that talent. He's become so incredibly fit, he's minimised he weaknesses and maximised his strengths and he's made smart decisions about the team he works with to help him turn himself from a top player to a great player.

He has truly earnt this and I don't understand how anyone could possibly dislike him or begrudge him this.

Well done Andy , you've done us proud. Now fulfill John McEnroe's predictions and go win 5 to 10 majors.

What, he's taking up golf?
    The Grand Slams are also referred to as Majors.
  • Options

Excellent final Murray comes across as a nice guy don't give a damn if he's Scottish. Great British champion at last! Well done to him.

Also just to add most people that fail to support him for being British because he is a Scotsman, never minded celebrating the gold medal for team GB.

Or the fact that in his acceptance speech he only mentioned being "British" - it was only the English BBC journalists that mentioned which nation of the UK he came from.