Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumour - Brighton keen on Chris Powell

Comments

• Options
    I'm keen on Pippa Middleton.

I'm not getting her though.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

What a difference a couple of years make.

Two years ago many would have jumped at the idea of Poyet for Powell.

Two years ago? Two months ago when we were 0-2 down at The Valley against Bolton and seriously looking at relegation, I was wondering about the possibility of a new manager. Di Canio? Not now, finishing the season so good and strong. Chrissy Powell loves us - and we love him.

• Options
    Disappointed you had a wobble VF, but welcome.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited May 2013
    Chris ain't going nowhere. At least, I don't think he is anyway. :-)
  • Options
    had a little look at odds this morning powell now favourite to go permanent at wigan at 5/2 hopefully not
  • Options

DRF said:

Poyet has said many times he wont manage the club where his son is, so he's not coming here unless Diego is going.
    Can't see any point in Powell going there either.
    I think Stoke will take Poyet.

Joke City are after Martinez

OK

So Poyet to Wigan.

Your move !

I'll match your Wigan and raise you Everton (But that really is a gamble)
    I thought Martinez had gone to Everton?
  • Options
    The bookies now nothing about "next managers", they just panic every time 2 people or more back the same manager, in case someone's got some inside info.

If they knew what they were talking about then Harry Redknapp would be England manager and Glenn Hoddle would be ours.

• Options
    MrLargo said:

The bookies now nothing about "next managers", they just panic every time 2 people or more back the same manager, in case someone's got some inside info.

If they knew what they were talking about then Harry Redknapp would be England manager and Glenn Hoddle would be ours.

There is the point, people who are ITK place big bets and tell there mates hence the shortening of odds
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If anyone can get a 'big' bet over £200 on any new manager at odds over evens I'll eat my socks (chocolate ones)

they all run scared

i rang up Corals a few years back for a mate who wanted £500 on Martin O'Neill to be next England manager.... he had heard second /third hand, apparently from michael owen, through a mutual horse trainer they knew or some shit that O'Neill was gonna be put in charge ....Coral let me put £50 on
    i then said to my mate are you sure its not the next Newcastle manager because both jobs were vacant at the same time ...he was clueless and said oh yeah try and have £250 on that, Corals said I could have £50 on that all in the space of 15 mins ....
    Bookies are insurance companies ... pointless and how they exist with betfair about god only knows, must be them ridiculous fruities and roulette wheels keeping them going ! RIP bookies
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with Henry.
  • Options
    Fuck off Wigan
  • Options
    He is roughly 4/1. i am à bit worried.
  • Options
    PANIC!
  • Options
    Powell on the drift now 12-1 with Stan James and 10-1 with Bet victor. Think he will stay and try build with us.
  • Options
    No chance.
  • Options
    I refuse to believe that he'll leave us for a team in the same division who to be honest now they're out of the premier league are no bigger than us. Most of their good players will be leaving too.
  • Options
    *runs around in circles screaming*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really? Actually think about it.... You're half believing a charlton LEGEND is going to turn his back on the club and go to Wigan! It won't happen in a million years, you're mad. I'll donate £250 to charity if it does, no chance
  • Options
    I have thought about it.

Would he be turning his back after leaving us à division higher and having Two successful seasons? No. He would be moving on.

Its all ifs and buts. If the Charlton board don't give him the resources to achieve what he wants to achieve then it is not implausible that he may move.

I do not think it will happen but its not as unlikely as you are making out.
  • Options

Really? Actually think about it.... You're half believing a charlton LEGEND is going to turn his back on the club and go to Wigan! It won't happen in a million years, you're mad. I'll donate £250 to charity if it does, no chance

I certainly don't think it would happen but look at Freedman and Palace. Never say never.
  • Options
    I must confess I'm worried. As someone here said earlier: Two factors - substantially better pay and in Whelan a loyal and trusting owner - might just tempt Powell. Europa League for Wigan next season; probably budget cuts at The Valley....
  • Options
    I can't have it at all, there's no way Chris Powell would leave Charlton this summer, for any job in my opinion! The blokes proper charlton, he wouldn't sack us off now! I'll lay that 5/2 to the sky and back!
  • Options
    I have to admit to being a little bit uncomfortable when I heard Whelan say that he had "about 12 interviews set up this week". That is a LOT of managers to see and I expect they would all be of decent Championship level at a minimum considering Wigan have spent so long in the Premier League.
  • Options
    Wigan is proberbly the number 1 job in the championship

Money
    Nice family club
    Europe
    A decent man as a chairman
    And a club that gives u the chance to build your team your way

Sounds a great opportunity for a young up and coming english manager
  • Options
    Poyet to Charlton.

You heard it here first!
  • Options

Money
    Nice family club
    Europe

no fans
  • Options

Money
    Nice family club
    Europe

Agree and Powell is a very good young manager.

Whether he is being interviewed we don't know or if he is going to be offered the job we don't know.

But we can't be surprised if other clubs with a vacancy are at least looking at him.