Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

luiz suarez

Comments

• Options

9 months - Manchester United's Eric Cantona for 'kung-fu' kicking a supporter in 1995
    9 months - Chelsea keeper Mark Bosnich who tested positive for cocaine in 2003
    8 months - Rio Ferdinand of Manchester United for missing a drugs test in 2003
    12 games - QPR's Joey Barton for two counts of violent conduct against Manchester City players in 2012
    11 games - Sheffield Wednesday's Paolo Di Canio for pushing referee Paul Alcock in 1998
    10 games - Southampton's David Prutton for shoving referee Alan Wiley in 2005
    10 games - Luis Suarez for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in 2013
    9 games - Paul Davis of Arsenal for punching Southampton's Glenn Cockerill in 1988
    8 games - Luis Suarez for racially abusing Patrice Evra in 2011
    8 games - Man City's Ben Thatcher for elbowing Portsmouth's Pedro Mendes in 2006
    5 weeks - Man Utd's Roy Keane for comments made in his autobiography in 2002
  • Options
    So for two biting offences, and one of racial abuse, Suarez has missed 25 games through suspension. Idiot. Interestingly, he got two more for biting than he did for racial abuse.
  • Options
    In the context of the other bans, 10 games sounds about right. Joey Barton's seemed harsh though
  • Options
    Ben Thatcher got off lightly...
  • Options

Best thing to do would be to send him to someone who can sort him out and not let him play again worldwide until he is cleared. Biting is something a 4 year old would do, not a full grown man, there is something very wrong with him.

Think a visit to the dentist and pull his teeth out would be the best solution. Don't know what the FA stance is for sucking an opponents arm.

• Options

10 match ban?

Told you
  • Options
    seems about right I reckon, be a tough first 6 games for Liverpool if they don't start well next season
  • Options

10 match ban?

Told you
    Good guess, well done!
  • Options
    He hasn't been warned about his future eating habits conduct
  • Options
    Danny Mills on BBC News now talking about Suarez. Coming from the bloke who got himself sent off against Hull before Xmas a few years ago (imo), that's a bit rich from him to talk about morals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10 is fair imo. Clearly the 7 match bans weren't sufficient in stopping his foul play.

Expect the Liverpool fans to claim there's a giant conspiracy against them, even though the fault lies with their own player.
  • Options
    I think it is a disgrace that ian eyre cites shock and disappoinment at the severity of the nan. As SELR states, the 7 game ban obviously didnt work

Any other walk of life..u repeat offend u get punished more severely.

This is this MD of the football club spouting this shite. Shocking

Liverpool fc. Bunch of santimonous self-pitying tossers
  • Options
    Liverpool are holding a dinner to celebrate the leniency of the sentence. Beef Strogonov has been renamed Beef Ivanovic specially for the occasion
  • Options

10 is fair imo. Clearly the 7 match bans weren't sufficient in stopping his foul play.

Expect the Liverpool fans to claim there's a giant conspiracy against them, even though the fault lies with their own player.

The two I've seen on Facebook are 'Outrageous' and 'It's a witch hunt'.

Or... Don't bite people?
  • Options
    Liverpool have got the hump about the severity of the ban (what a surprise).

The world must stand still whilst they appeal.
  • Options
    Liverpool are going to lack bite upfront without him.
  • Options
    I think they should appeal...................Then the FA find it frivolous and add an extra game.
  • Options
    If they had an ounce of decency they would accept the ban without complaint and agree that what he did was unacceptable. But this is Liverpool we're talking about.
  • Options
    I'm glad he got a long ban, I cant stand the horrible little man. I do however question the fa on how they come to their judgements... How is racism not as bad as biting? How is deliberately going in over the top on a tackle (and we all know when its deliberate or not) and possibly ending a career not as bad as biting? And if they really do think biting is such a serious offence, why did they let Defoe walk away with a yellow card for the same offence? They have it in their powers to have punished him more but saw fit that a yellow card would suffice. I really don't understand their logic.
  • Options
    I think in this instance it has shown the fa up as a comitee and governing body that has a huge inconsistency within it

But he was banned for 7 games at Ajax before he joined the scousers

And it left the fa unable to offer less than 7 and to be honest if you look at it in that context an additional 3 games as an increased second offence is reasonable

10 games is a fair ban based on the fact for the fist bite in holland he got 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    uncle said:

I'm glad he got a long ban, I cant stand the horrible little man. I do however question the fa on how they come to their judgements... How is racism not as bad as biting? How is deliberately going in over the top on a tackle (and we all know when its deliberate or not) and possibly ending a career not as bad as biting? And if they really do think biting is such a serious offence, why did they let Defoe walk away with a yellow card for the same offence? They have it in their powers to have punished him more but saw fit that a yellow card would suffice. I really don't understand their logic.

The punishment isn't just based on one offence though. His 'previous' has to be taken into consideration. That's how punishments (should) work.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

uncle said:

The punishment isn't just based on one offence though. His 'previous' has to be taken into consideration. That's how punishments (should) work.
    So 2 bites is 10 games and 1 bite is a yellow card?
  • Options
    Think it would've been 3-4 game ban if he hadn't had previous.
  • Options

I think in this instance it has shown the fa up as a comitee and governing body that has a huge inconsistency within it

How often have you seen a free kick given for a foul in the middle of the pitch, but when the same type of foul is commited in the penalty area you get nothing?
    Football and the FA are built on inconsistentcies. The fact that this has made front page news was never going to see him get off lightly. They,Liverpool, need to take it on the chin and stop embarrassing themselves.
    Heard a sensible scouser on talkshyte the other day. He said if it had happened in Paisley's day he would of shown him the door...... Shankly would have put him through it!

• Options
    It should also work that the punishment fits the crime, If I went in over the top to hurt someone and the ref see it gives me a red card! 3 match ban for trying to possibly end a career. If the ref had seen him do it he would not actually have been banned at all, maybe just a yellow (defoe) Now you explain to me how that is right?
  • Options
    Nah mate the defoe issue and the fact it wasnt dealt with appropriately cant be used as the yard stick to measure suarez

• Options
    Interesting to see if Suarez stays or the owners cash in, especially if they don't make it into Europe.
  • Options
    It can mate because if the ref had seen suarez no one would be having this conversation... Thats where it all falls down, you just have to be lucky, get an alert ref and be dealt with on the day.
  • Options
    I'm not defending him, I'm trying to work out how that little shite defoe gets nothing because he had an alert ref?
  • Options
    uncle said:

It should also work that the punishment fits the crime, If I went in over the top to hurt someone and the ref see it gives me a red card! 3 match ban for trying to possibly end a career. If the ref had seen him do it he would not actually have been banned at all, maybe just a yellow (defoe) Now you explain to me how that is right?

The difference is intent - you could argue with a late/high tackle that you simply got your timing wrong. It's hard to use that defence when you bite someone. The Defoe thing shouldn't be used as a precedent either. I can't recall the details there but this was something that deserved a lengthy ban.

Possibly it creates an opportunity for Jonjo to get a few more games?