Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

luiz suarez

Comments

• Options
    now that would have been funny, Plod walking on to the pitch, cuffing Suarez and marching him away as Carragher gets in their earholes moaning, whingeing and whining.
  • Options
    Suarez on twitter:

1/2 For my unacceptable behaviour yesterday the club has fined me today, I have asked the club to donate the money to...

2/2 ...to the Hillsborough Family Support Group for the inconvenience I have created to the Liverpool fans and to Ivanovic.
  • Options

A football Pitch is NOT outside British Law!

What about a boxing ring?
  • Options
    Defoe 2006. Was he banned?
  • Options

A football Pitch is NOT outside British Law!

What about a boxing ring?
    That's consensual though, both fighters go in expecting to be hit, and presumably with some sort of waiver in place. If you give permission for somebody to do something you can't usually then accuse them of assault. Otherwise surgeons would be guilty of assault with a deadly weapon.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Nope, give a yellow at the time and nothing more was said or done.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

booked at the time (although i doubt that was for the actual bite) then NFA from the FA
  • Options
    Luis Suárez - Great footballer, horrible C***!!!
  • Options
    Can't understand people saying not as bad as a high tackle. In my book it is just as bad. Same as spitting in someone's face, absolutely abhorrent but not very injurious. It is rarity of biting that has caused shock (well rare if you are not called Suarez).
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Suarez on twitter:

1/2 For my unacceptable behaviour yesterday the club has fined me today, I have asked the club to donate the money to...

2/2 ...to the Hillsborough Family Support Group for the inconvenience I have created to the Liverpool fans and to Ivanovic.

Made sure to sneak Hillsborough in. Wrong to use it in such a way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's like a vile balotelli. Can't keep out of trouble for 5 minutes.
    But better at football.
  • Options
    Professional mourners.
  • Options
    Would have been nice to have asked ivanovic who he wanted the money donated to!
  • Options

Indeed. What's it got to do with Suarez what they do with the money from the fine? It smacks big time of a PR exercise to head off any further FA sanctions.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Indeed. What's it got to do with Suarez what they do with the money from the fine? It smacks big time of a PR exercise to head off any further FA sanctions.
    Absolutely right.
    This isn't a "fine", it's a PR exercise. No more, no less.
  • Options
    Interesting new fundraising concept - the sponsored bite?
  • Options
    Make him wear a Hannibal mask. It would do us all a favour.
  • Options
    Pretty funny that its the second time hes done it, want him to stay in the prem just to see what he does next
  • Options

Pretty funny that its the second time hes done it, want him to stay in the prem just to see what he does next

Next time he will probably put a big on first.
  • Options
    His crime sheet in today's papers shows just what a vile piece of sh*t he is.

I wonder if Liverpool will actually do anything or find someone else to blame?

Any other walk of life and you'd get sacked for such awful behaviour at work.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    When I say awful I should have said criminal of course - assuming racism, violence and offensive gestures are illegal.

Why doesn't he just freek off home and play in Uruguay or wherever.
  • Options
    And John Barnes can do one as well - what a cock.

And calm....
  • Options
    PL54 said:

They have already fined him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22248105
  • Options
    Yeah right, money is a big worry for him and will hurt a lot. Big detterent.

Liverpool saying they will get him "anger management" coaching. That'll sort it.

Just fcuk him off.

What would a proper football club (not brand) do ?

• Options
    PL54 said:

Liverpool saying they will get him "anger management" coaching. That'll sort it.

Just fcuk him off.

What's a proper club? You tell me a club that's had a player of his standard and fucked him off when he done something wrong??? Man U with Cantona? Oh no they kept him, (not a proper club) Tottenham with Defoe? Oh no they kept him (not a proper club). Just give me one instance where a proper club have done that.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Yeah both he and the club say they've fined him....but I notice neither party has disclosed the actual figure.
    Whats the chances it's something piddly like £10k and seeing as it's gone to a Hillsborough charity they are hardly going to rock the boat. I wouldn't be surprised if Suarez hasn't actually been fined anything at all but the club have simply chucked a few quid at the charity in an envelope label `From Luiz'.

• Options

PL54 said:

Yeah both he and the club say they've fined him....but I notice neither party has disclosed the actual figure.
    Whats the chances it's something piddly like £10k and seeing as it's gone to a Hillsborough charity they are hardly going to rock the boat. I wouldn't be surprised if Suarez hasn't actually been fined anything at all but the club have simply chucked a few quid at the charity in an envelope label `From Luiz'.

Yes, I thought the same, although there would be a massive kerfuffle if that was discovered.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    PL54 said:

Just fcuk him off.

I think pretty much all clubs would act the same. If it's a top player you want to keep, you take minimal action & if it's a player you want to bin, it gives you the perfect opportunity.

If Kerkar bit someone many would say get rid. If Solly did the same, hardly anyone would say sack him.
  • Options
    There are probably a lot of digs between players that I miss not having played professional football and I am sure stuff goes on between players on the pitch that is pretty unpleasant.
    But speaking as just a football fan, and as a teacher who today has had to reprimand a kid for biting another kid, ( no link to yesterday ) I think Suarez's action in that game was absolutely disgusting and has no place in a match between professional players. There is no excuse for it whatsoever.
    It is my understanding that a human bite that breaks the skin has the potential to cause infection, septicaemia and possibly even be fatal to the recipient ( please someone correct me if I am wrong on this)
    It is a terrible example to set to children who look up to these players, especially when you are trying to explain to a kid why they should not bite another human being.
    Whatever punishment Liverpool give Suarez, I think he should get a long, long ban from the FA. That might set a better example of what the spirit of football is about in this country than Suarez is clearly able to demonstrate.
  • Options
    Uncle Lennie Laurence got rid of Paul Miller after he spat at an oppo-------a proper club