Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

luiz suarez

Comments

• Options

A football Pitch is NOT outside British Law!

What about a boxing ring?
    That's consensual though, both fighters go in expecting to be hit, and presumably with some sort of waiver in place. If you give permission for somebody to do something you can't usually then accuse them of assault. Otherwise surgeons would be guilty of assault with a deadly weapon.

Yeh, but to be fair, if you go on a pitch with Suarez you expect to be bitten, so it's consensual.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Yeah right, money is a big worry for him and will hurt a lot. Big detterent.

Liverpool saying they will get him "anger management" coaching. That'll sort it.

Just fcuk him off.

What would a proper football club (not brand) do ?

I think pretty much all clubs would act the same. If it's a top player you want to keep, you take minimal action & if it's a player you want to bin, it gives you the perfect opportunity.

If Kerkar bit someone many would say get rid. If Solly did the same, hardly anyone would say sack him.
    If Solly bit you your ankle would be sore for days.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Liverpool saying they will get him "anger management" coaching. That'll sort it.

Just fcuk him off.

I think pretty much all clubs would act the same. If it's a top player you want to keep, you take minimal action & if it's a player you want to bin, it gives you the perfect opportunity.

If Kerkar bit someone many would say get rid. If Solly did the same, hardly anyone would say sack him.
    If Solly bit you your ankle would be sore for days.
    Norman Hunter used to bite your legs :-0
  • Options
    3blokes said:

It is my understanding that a human bite that breaks the skin has the potential to cause infection, septicaemia and possibly even be fatal to the recipient ( please someone correct me if I am wrong on this)

Yes, good point. Put him on an a charge of attempted murder :-)

• Options

Uncle Lennie Laurence got rid of Paul Miller after he spat at an oppo-------a proper club

I've just had to look him up!! Not really the same thing is it? Your right about proper club but he wasn't in the same class as luis and that Is why they cant just get rid of him.... Don't get me wrong I hate him.

3blokes said:

There are probably a lot of digs between players that I miss not having played professional football and I am sure stuff goes on between players on the pitch that is pretty unpleasant.
    But speaking as just a football fan, and as a teacher who today has had to reprimand a kid for biting another kid, ( no link to yesterday ) I think Suarez's action in that game was absolutely disgusting and has no place in a match between professional players. There is no excuse for it whatsoever.
    It is my understanding that a human bite that breaks the skin has the potential to cause infection, septicaemia and possibly even be fatal to the recipient ( please someone correct me if I am wrong on this)
    It is a terrible example to set to children who look up to these players, especially when you are trying to explain to a kid why they should not bite another human being.
    Whatever punishment Liverpool give Suarez, I think he should get a long, long ban from the FA. That might set a better example of what the spirit of football is about in this country than Suarez is clearly able to demonstrate.

I think they have to be careful of the length of ban they give, seeing they gave defoe nothing.
  • Options
    10 match ban?
  • Options

10 match ban?

I'd be surprised if it's more than 6

• Options

Uncle Lennie Laurence got rid of Paul Miller after he spat at an oppo-------a proper club

Was Miller worth the equivalent of £30M ? I don't remember that going in the kitty :-)
  • Options
    6 month ban i agree then transfer him back to south america.
    Liverpool must have looked at his past record before buying him .This guy has done this more than once and this can not go on.
  • Options
    PL54 when you say they should "fuck him off" Do you mean to another English club, say Man U? Or are you saying he should be deported for biting someone? If he wants to play football in England, what are Liverpool meant to do, just hand him over to their rivals. I'm sure if you were chairman of Liverpool that's exactly what you would do! Or have you not thought it through properly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

Just fcuk him off.

If Solly bit a player (on International TV - not that it matters if it was on TV) would we say, " all OK" ?

Fuck would we and you know it.

Fact is normal players don't do that.
  • Options
    uncle said:

PL54 when you say they should "fuck him off" Do you mean to another English club, say Man U? Or are you saying he should be deported for biting someone? If he wants to play football in England, what are Liverpool meant to do, just hand him over to their rivals. I'm sure if you were chairman of Liverpool that's exactly what you would do! Or have you not thought it through properly?

Which says everything about the "elite" of the EPL.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Just fcuk him off.

If Solly bit a player (on International TV - not that it matters if it was on TV) would we say, " all OK" ?

What rubbish you're spouting. If we'd played Liverpool in the cup this season on the TV & Solly bit Suarez, you're saying you'd have wanted us to sack him, so he can sign for another club for free ?

If so, you'd be one of an elite few. Solly goes to Palace or Millwall on a free, because we sacked him ?

Ha ha.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

uncle said:

Nothing to do with that..... Would you want Charlton to sell there best player to palace? I think I already know the answer to that! Nothing to do with elite it's more common sense, if you decide to get rid of him he can go where he pleases... Bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face.
  • Options

3blokes said:

Yes, good point. Put him on an a charge of attempted murder :-)

Sadly, as he didn't have the intent to kill, attempted murder is a non-starter. And if he didn't break the skin with those vampire-like gnashers, only a common assault is viable. On a more serious note, anyone expecting any club, especially 'The Victims of the North', to part with their best player and one valued at squillions is living in cloud cuckoo-land. Football lacks any morality. If that act had been done by a 35 year old playing in the dungeon of the 2nd division, the club may well have assumed the high moral ground and cancelled his contract but not the scousers.
  • Options
    Paul Miller was a nasty, dirty, snidey b**tard - but he was still ten times the man that that filthy little f**ker is.
  • Options

He did. Yet Curbs and Gritt didn't get shot of Pardoo when he flobbed on a Bristol City player on his full debut in '91 and got sent off.
  • Options
    uncle said:

PL54 said:

uncle said:

Nothing to do with that..... Would you want Charlton to sell there best player to palace? I think I already know the answer to that! Nothing to do with elite it's more common sense, if you decide to get rid of him he can go where he pleases... Bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face.
    Yeah, but sometimes it just boils down to doing the right thing.

If I found a wallet I'd no doubt have more money if I kept it. But I'd hand it in because that's the right thing to do.

If you don't have standards and just let everything revolve around money then you're little short of a whore. (Not you personally , just generally)

Maybe this incident isn't so clear cut, but surely you have to draw the line somewhere?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

uncle said:

PL54 said:

uncle said:

Yeah, but sometimes it just boils down to doing the right thing.

If I found a wallet I'd no doubt have more money if I kept it. But I'd hand it in because that's the right thing to do.

If you don't have standards and just let everything revolve around money then you're little short of a whore. (Not you personally , just generally)

Maybe this incident isn't so clear cut, but surely you have to draw the line somewhere?
    I don't disagree, but I'm saying no club "elite" or not would sell their best player to a rival just to appease everyone else even Charlton wouldn't, Marlon King is still plying his trade in English football, Cantona wasn't sold by manu, john terry wasn't sold by chelsea, and dont even get me started on joey Barton. At the end of the day Liverpool is a business and they have to do whats right for their company.... That wouldn't include selling your best asset to them, no company would do that. Liverpool can't dictate where he goes so Arsenal chelsea manu man city would all be waiting to get him. That would then mean he's still playing English football just with another team. The only ones to suffer from that would be Liverpool so not sure that is right.
  • Options
    As said before, Charlton bombed out Paul Miller for spitting.

Ok, so you had to look him up, but at a time when we were completely potless and didn't even have our own ground, that took a lot of guts. Long time ago now, and I don't spose we'd do that again.

But If one of our players had this fellas track record, had benefited from the loyal support of the club/fans through a recent shit storm and then did that, well I'd like to think I'd have no problem with him being binned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyway, it wouldn't be to "appease everyone else" - it would be because its right.
  • Options
    That was a long time ago and football isn't the same anymore, it's a multi million pound industry and you can't give you biggest asset to your nearest rival it's suicide. If they could say we will sell him abroad I take your point, but unless the fa take his registration away permanently Liverpool can't do that.

Right for who? certainly not for his club, would it be right for him to start playing in the red of Manu? He will still be the same person. I dont think it's right another English club should benefit because he's acted that way, but unless you take away his registration and basically force him from the country over biting, that's exactly what will happen.

• Options
    I bit a bloke in work today. But it's ok as my firm don't want to lose me to the opposition.

Anyway, I'm just misunderstood.
  • Options
    At end of Man U match tonight, someone in crowd threw a dummy arm on the pitch. Evra picked it up and took a pretend bite out of it - classic!
  • Options
    Whats a proper club then some team that can afford 30 million ? what total bollox

Miller scored for us at the battle ofthe bridge-- kept us in the top division---- lennie kicked him out the next season for spitting at a player.

Or did you just think it was only Curbs that got us in the top division ?

• Options

Whats a proper club then some team that can afford 30 million ? what total bollox

Miller scored for us at the battle ofthe bridge-- kept us in the top division---- lennie kicked him out the next season for spitting at a player.

Or did you just think it was only Curbs that got us in the top division ?

Is that aimed at me?
  • Options
    3 match ban for violent conduct and move on. You can't add on because of who it was, its the same when people stamp on someone, 3 games. I'd much rather bigger punishments for tackles like McMallamums.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Will this qualify him for a season ticket at Millwall?
  • Options

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Just fcuk him off.

What rubbish you're spouting. If we'd played Liverpool in the cup this season on the TV & Solly bit Suarez, you're saying you'd have wanted us to sack him, so he can sign for another club for free ?

If so, you'd be one of an elite few. Solly goes to Palace or Millwall on a free, because we sacked him ?

Ha ha.
    Does anyone think Solly would bite another player ?

Did anyone think Suarez would bite yet another player ?
  • Options
    I am waiting for Suarez to announce he has become a vegetarian