Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Charlton kit 2013/14

Comments

• Options
    Taking the biscuit waiting for these kits now!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

West Ham's new Adidas kits are the best so far this close season. Old school, as the kids say.

agreed. I think the away shirt is particularly smart

• Options
    Croydon said:

Valley11 said:

West Ham's new Adidas kits are the best so far this close season. Old school, as the kids say.

agreed. I think the away shirt is particularly smart

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Very nice West Ham shirt
  • Options

• Options

Like that. Very simple

• Options
    Hi, my first post on CL. I know it's not been announced yet, but does anyone here know when the the kit is expected to be revealed?
  • Options
    Once the new sponsor is found or an extension to existing
  • Options
    Gone for that "classic" look ...

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

I prefer a plainer look
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

A bit too flashy for me personally :')
  • Options
    danny_m said:

Hi, my first post on CL. I know it's not been announced yet, but does anyone here know when the the kit is expected to be revealed?

Hi Mate, Until we get an extension on out current sponsor (AHFH) or get a new sponsor we don't know yet, However we could go abit like Blackburn and not have a sponsor, Which would be intresting...
  • Options

Santos home kit template?

Won't be that I'm afraid
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Santos home kit template?

Won't be that I'm afraid
    Don't be afraid.

• Options
    Trev, that's the wrong shade of red mate. ;-)
  • Options

Trev, that's the wrong shade of red mate. ;-)

Ive had second thoughts, its too much like a bloody polo shirt....
  • Options

68/9er said:

Being a kit designer must be an incredible difficult job. At the end of the day there is only so much you can do with a football shirt, and then fans say: we want something that looks smart and simple in these specific colours but that has never been done before. I challenge anyone to think of something that looks smart and simple but has never been done before.

Completely agree - I have assisted in the design of a team Charlton cycling jersey for the Prostate Cancer UK London to Amsterdam Challenge. I have attached a mock-up of the jersey that will be worn by Andy and Nick for the event. Keen to hear your thoughts on the shirt and if you would like to support their effort please visit http://www.justgiving.com/andrew-chipperfield

Is it possible to buy these ?

At the time of ordering we did think about this but it depends on numbers. If under 10 we were quoted £50 each and we thought that may make them a bit pricey (especially if a donation to the charity were to be added) but if I could get an idea of the numbers I could always go back for a quote. I have already had an enquiry from the "announcement section" and a couple of others.

As things stand there is a limited production run of four and we did think about an auction or lottery for one in aid of Prostate Cancer UK after the event?
  • Options
    POSLCAFC said:

danny_m said:

Hi Mate, Until we get an extension on out current sponsor (AHFH) or get a new sponsor we don't know yet, However we could go abit like Blackburn and not have a sponsor, Which would be intresting...
    Thanks for the response, appreciate it. Do you think it may be delayed for sale like the Macron one was?
    It was the Macron one that got delayed, wasn't it?
  • Options
    68/9er said:

68/9er said:

Being a kit designer must be an incredible difficult job. At the end of the day there is only so much you can do with a football shirt, and then fans say: we want something that looks smart and simple in these specific colours but that has never been done before. I challenge anyone to think of something that looks smart and simple but has never been done before.

Completely agree - I have assisted in the design of a team Charlton cycling jersey for the Prostate Cancer UK London to Amsterdam Challenge. I have attached a mock-up of the jersey that will be worn by Andy and Nick for the event. Keen to hear your thoughts on the shirt and if you would like to support their effort please visit http://www.justgiving.com/andrew-chipperfield

Is it possible to buy these ?

At the time of ordering we did think about this but it depends on numbers. If under 10 we were quoted £50 each and we thought that may make them a bit pricey (especially if a donation to the charity were to be added) but if I could get an idea of the numbers I could always go back for a quote. I have already had an enquiry from the "announcement section" and a couple of others.

As things stand there is a limited production run of four and we did think about an auction or lottery for one in aid of Prostate Cancer UK after the event?
    Thats the p[roblem with low volumes, I'd be interested but as you say £50 is pricey, I'd def at £35, but would srruggle to justify if higher
  • Options
    If we can't find a sponsor a kit with just the badge and Nike logo would be smart
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If we can't find a sponsor a kit with just the badge and Nike logo would be smart

And probably expensive.
  • Options
    How can a Championship club not find a sponsor? Is it our commercial team that are useless or TJ holding out for more cash?
  • Options

How can a Championship club not find a sponsor? Is it our commercial team that are useless or TJ holding out for more cash?

It's more complicated than that. I doubt that big sponsors are falling over each other to get any club outside the EPL on board. There will be interest and its all about choosing the best deal and maximising the benefit. I would think that we are likely to get another local sponsor on a short deal perhaps even Andrews again. It may well be that a deal is done subject to nothing better being offered within the time constraints for kit manufacture.

• Options
    Hope you do not mind me using your image and doing a little modification 'jolly robin'
    The 'ghost print' would be a 'matt' or 'gloss' weave in the material to create an added effect.
    leaves the front chest free for a sponsor.
    Home kit would be a red shirt with white 'caps' on sleeves, black edges?
  • Options
    Just a thought. If we are that strapped for cash, why aren't we looking for more than one sponsor? ie one for the back of the shirt, etc.

I personally hate this, but if the is a financial need why not?

Like I said, just a thought.
  • Options

Please tell me you are messing about?!
  • Options
    So whats the betting the new kit will be revealed today?
  • Options
    Why today ?