Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Charlton kit 2013/14

Comments

• Options

Is there any announcement yet on when the announcement for the new shirt will be announced?

I can announce that there has be no announcement on when the announcement of the new shirt will be announced. Awaiting announcement.
    Thank you for clearing that one up!

• Options
    Nothing will be announced until they have agreed with either the current or new sponsors, then they will make a big announcement about our new sponsor on the website and by the magic of Nike the new kit will appear. In the meantime if you wish to see a sneak preview look at clubs like Barnsley,Southend etc and we will have a kit in which is pretty close to that design.
  • Options
    To fill the tedium in the off season why don't we do two big reveals? First one of the shirt, no sponsor, second one of the sponsor?
  • Options
    Any leaks or even a dribble of information?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

To fill the tedium in the off season why don't we do two big reveals? First one of the shirt, no sponsor, second one of the sponsor?

If they did, this, how many fans would want to be able to buy the "plain" shirt? I probably would.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Any leaks or even a dribble of information?

It's going to be red.
  • Options
    Looks like AS Roma are getting our current kit :

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

I think that's the new England away shirt!
  • Options
    Not sure about having ARS on the badge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have asked the shop when kit will be launched was hoping to get it for my son for his birthday at end of June. Doesn't look likely to be until July sometime.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When do schools go on holiday ? Definitely need to get the kit out prior to this.
  • Options
    Are we really such a hard sell that it takes this long to find a sponsor?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

When do schools go on holiday ? Definitely need to get the kit out prior to this.

24th July...ish. Doesn't the season start really early this year?

• Options
    The
    se9addick said:

Surely we'll have it sorted by the time we play Welling, and that's on the 6th July isn't it?
  • Options
    Nug said:

se9addick said:

24th July...ish. Doesn't the season start really early this year?

The

se9addick said:

Surely we'll have it sorted by the time we play Welling, and that's on the 6th July isn't it?
    Hopefully - I thought schools went on holiday beginning of July. As its basically a catalogue kit it can only be the question of sponsor (or lack of) that's holding up.
  • Options
    Reckon we might see a company owned by Jiminez or Cash as the sponsor. Bumper sponsorship deal to inject funds into club and get around the FFP rules, ala Man City and the Arabs but on a much smaller scale.

Probably wrong but would make sense.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

That's the new England away kit as well. What exactly do they get paid for at Nike?!

• Options
    That's the new England away kit as well. What exactly do they get paid for at Nike?!
    Good question indeed.
    They seem to create the worst boots going too.

• Options
    wow this is great it clearly shows the true meaning of life
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What Nike get paid to do is build a brand and they have done that very well.

So much so that some on here were estatic that we were getting a little tick on our shirts regardless of what the actual shirt looked like, that we'd franchised out our Club shop and didn't even have a deal with Nike themselves.

Once you have the brand you don't need to much more than maintain it to make lots of cash. You can sell almost anything if it has the brand and you get enough famous players to wear it.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Not sure about having ARS on the badge.

I'd never realised it could be read that way, it's always (correctly) been ASR to me. Looks especially bad when combined with their sponsor, Wind.

Their shirt will be darker, but I don't like the fact they've gone for an all red badge.

• Options
    Be careful what you wish for Nike haters! I went I to the Brighton shop on Monday. Their stuff is made by Errea and is absolutely horrendous. It's cheap, market tshirts and polos with the Brighton badge GLUED on top. Made me very grateful indeed.
  • Options

Be careful what you wish for Nike haters! I went I to the Brighton shop on Monday. Their stuff is made by Errea and is absolutely horrendous. It's cheap, market tshirts and polos with the Brighton badge GLUED on top. Made me very grateful indeed.

Sounds ghastly. Errea? Error, more like.

• Options
    Jelly and ice cream when we get a new kit
  • Options

wow this is great it clearly shows the true meaning of life

Hmm my daughter has half term and in true 11 year old style thought it funny to post something random!

Looking forward to new kit though. If she's good she may get the new shirt for her birthday in August.

• Options
    yes i did dad he he he lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

yes i did dad he he he lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tut,tut!!
  • Options

What Nike get paid to do is build a brand and they have done that very well.

So much so that some on here were estatic that we were getting a little tick on our shirts regardless of what the actual shirt looked like, that we'd franchised out our Club shop and didn't even have a deal with Nike themselves.

Once you have the brand you don't need to much more than maintain it to make lots of cash. You can sell almost anything if it has the brand and you get enough famous players to wear it.

I meant the kit designers specifically....and it's their creative agencies that build the brand.
  • Options
    Being a kit designer must be an incredible difficult job. At the end of the day there is only so much you can do with a football shirt, and then fans say: we want something that looks smart and simple in these specific colours but that has never been done before. I challenge anyone to think of something that looks smart and simple but has never been done before.