Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Charlton kit 2013/14

Comments

• Does anyone know if/when a new shirt will be announced?

Design chosen some time ago so assume they are waiting until the sponsor is confirmed
    Maybe our strong end to the season gives us more bargaining power in terms of how much we can we can demand from our next shirt sponsor...

I doubt it. We're still in the same division and there would be clauses increasing the amount if we went up, assuming the deal is for more than one year.

This current deal was for only one year and with a Charlton supporting firm. More likely that, like most clubs, we're finding it hard to find a sponsor in this economic climate who isn't a betting or short term loan company.

Another year or two of Andrews please.
  • Another year or two of Andrews please.

Agreed, hats off to them for jumping in last year.

• As long as it's a good deal for the club and they want to stay, I'd keep Andrews as Henry says
  • I'd pretty much give it to the highest bidder TBH - obviously within reason. If it was between Andrews and a betting company offering £100k more I'd take the bookies money.
  • se9addick said:

I'd pretty much give it to the highest bidder TBH - obviously within reason. If it was between Andrews and a betting company offering £100k more I'd take the bookies money.

If that was the case then I'd agree.

My guess, and it is a guess, is that a Charlton supporting and local firm is likely to pay more than a betting or loan firm with no connection to the Club.
  • Maybe, it really depends on what their objectives are. Either way only appearing once on TV and having no cup run can't have helped much.
  • Does anyone know if/when a new shirt will be announced?

Design chosen some time ago so assume they are waiting until the sponsor is confirmed
    Maybe our strong end to the season gives us more bargaining power in terms of how much we can we can demand from our next shirt sponsor...

Unlikely when you see that Everton only have a standard Nike template with their badge slapped on it.

I think only Man U and Arsenal get bespoke designs from Nike out all of the English clubs they supply....
  • CAFCTrev said:

Does anyone know if/when a new shirt will be announced?

Unlikely when you see that Everton only have a standard Nike template with their badge slapped on it.

I think only Man U and Arsenal get bespoke designs from Nike out all of the English clubs they supply....
    I meant in terms of the cash from the shirt sponsor, rather than the design from the shirt supplier! Though anything will beat our 12/13 pub team design!
    se9addick said:

Maybe, it really depends on what their objectives are. Either way only appearing once on TV and having no cup run can't have helped much.

My (perhaps optimistic) theory was that the strong end to the season suggests we may be candidates for promotion next year, hence more appearances on Sky, more publicity etc.
  • Im hearing that the stripey Nigels kit for next season resembles the thunderbirds outfit
  • Nug said:

Quality top this one, even though I do not buy replica shirts
    Yuk

• Sponsored links:

• edited May 2013

• At which point do we begin to worry about the sponsorship situation ?
  • se9addick said:

At which point do we begin to worry about the sponsorship situation ?

Now. It's never too early to worry on here.
  • this is my attempt , I think the badge needs to change,what ya think
  • No rob
  • No Thanks
  • See Norwich wore their new kit yesterday. Wonder if we'll be producing a video to launch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0ehqlhfF4s&feature=player_embedded
  • how awkward was that video?! whoever made it should be ashamed. It’s just so terrible.
  • edited May 2013
    When the new kit is available, be prepared to queue for an hour waiting to get a name and number printed on it if youre after that....
  • Jesus wept it's taking forever this year
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

When the new kit is available, be prepared to queue for an hour waiting to get a name and number printed on it if youre after that....

Would it be a queue to get "Bent" "10" on there?

• No money, rumour has it we'll be using this seasons shirts again ;-O
  • edited May 2013
    sralan said:

No money, rumour has it we'll be using this seasons shirts again ;-O

If we have no money then we're more likely to have a new kit, not less.

New kits generate income. Even though we sold our retail to Just Sports last year we still get around 25% of the gross sales.

So 2,000 shirts at £40 = £20,000 income for Charlton (minus vat and tax)

• sralan said:

By what logic does that stack up ?

Edit - Henry beat me too it !
  • sralan said:

If we have no money then we're more likely to have a new kit, not less.

New kits generate income. Even though we sold our retail to Just Sports last year we still get around 25% of the gross sales.

So 2,000 shirts at £40 = £20,000 income for Charlton (minus vat and tax)

Can't we register as a league of Ireland team and not pay any tax at all ?

• Said tongue firmly in cheek........ if we can't afford a box of grass seed then how can we afford new shirts??
  • sralan said:

I know we've see it already and worn it for the last year but can I just be the first to say I don't like it.
  • edited May 2013
    Stop moaning it is obvious Nike wanted to put out the England kit first, then ours or the national shirt would have been over shadowed.
  • cfgs said:

Stop moaning it is obvious Nike wanted to put out the England kit first, then ours or the national shirt would have been over shadowed.

I wonder if Nike releasing the England shirt before we get ours out will have an impact on sales, I.e I wonder if there's a number of Addicks who will buy either or and as ours isn't available (and there's no sign of it anytime soon) they'll opt for the England shirt instead.
  • I would think that Nike has a seperate team that handles the kits for FL clubs. Its unlikely that Nike releasing an England shirt would fall within their responsibility, so it shouldnt cause a delay for our kits...