Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Charlton kit 2013/14

Comments

• Options

Being a kit designer must be an incredible difficult job. At the end of the day there is only so much you can do with a football shirt, and then fans say: we want something that looks smart and simple in these specific colours but that has never been done before. I challenge anyone to think of something that looks smart and simple but has never been done before.

Yeah and the irony is when we have something thats smart and simple people cry "its just a bloody polo-shirt!"....
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Being a kit designer must be an incredible difficult job. At the end of the day there is only so much you can do with a football shirt, and then fans say: we want something that looks smart and simple in these specific colours but that has never been done before. I challenge anyone to think of something that looks smart and simple but has never been done before.

Yeah and the irony is when we have something thats smart and simple people cry "its just a bloody polo-shirt!"....
    ...or a t-shirt
  • Options
    @Nug knows how!
  • Options

Completely agree - I have assisted in the design of a team Charlton cycling jersey for the Prostate Cancer UK London to Amsterdam Challenge. I have attached a mock-up of the jersey that will be worn by Andy and Nick for the event. Keen to hear your thoughts on the shirt and if you would like to support their effort please visit http://www.justgiving.com/andrew-chipperfield

• Options
    Good work
  • Options

• Options
    LOL #wooldy
  • Options

Be careful what you wish for Nike haters! I went I to the Brighton shop on Monday. Their stuff is made by Errea and is absolutely horrendous. It's cheap, market tshirts and polos with the Brighton badge GLUED on top. Made me very grateful indeed.</blockquot

Dire Errea ?

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Be careful what you wish for Nike haters! I went I to the Brighton shop on Monday. Their stuff is made by Errea and is absolutely horrendous. It's cheap, market tshirts and polos with the Brighton badge GLUED on top. Made me very grateful indeed.

LOL!

• Options
    NugNug
    edited May 2013
    68/9er said:

Completely agree - I have assisted in the design of a team Charlton cycling jersey for the Prostate Cancer UK London to Amsterdam Challenge. I have attached a mock-up of the jersey that will be worn by Andy and Nick for the event. Keen to hear your thoughts on the shirt and if you would like to support their effort please visit http://www.justgiving.com/andrew-chipperfield
    Very nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    talking about different - here is Dover's (my other team as it is my home town) new kit. I think they have gone some way to being challenging if not different. Before you criticise the pink away kit, it is a deliberate choice in support of cancer charities and half of the profits will be given to such charities.
  • Options

talking about different - here is Dover's (my other team as it is my home town) new kit. I think they have gone some way to being challenging if not different. Before you criticise the pink away kit, it is a deliberate choice in support of cancer charities and half of the profits will be given to such charities.

Pink away kits seem to be quite fasionable at the moment, but pink maybe too close to our red thank goodness. But then again a couple of years ago we had a pink goalie kit. But it was much lighter than that deep Dover pink.

• Options

I challenge anyone to think of something that looks smart and simple but has never been done before.

Jonathon Acworth?

• Options
    TEL said:

I like both those Dover away kits.

The other one is a bit Norwich though :-)
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-22722605

Cardiff fans are being allowed to vote on what colour their shorts are!
  • Options
    Blue not an option then
  • Options
    What's number one all about? A different shade of red?
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-22722605

Cardiff fans are being allowed to vote on what colour their shorts are!

If they pick white they could change their name to Charlton Welsh, being as they are from the valleys.

• Options
    Nug said:

What's number one all about? A different shade of red?

That was actually the original before they did this whole choice thing, they faced such a backlash from the fans that they decided to do a vote. Funny that this didn't happen after the backlash about the change to red.
  • Options
    Just seen that black shorts have won. Crazy that Tan has got them voting for the kit that they all hated a year ago, sneaky man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

As a kit change every season is the norm for most teams these days I think its likely to expect a new offering from Nike next season.

Going by the way they handle other football league clubs we will get one of the standard Nike shirt templates with a Charlton badge slapped on it.

Most of the templates already in use by other clubs can be seen here nike.com/nikefootball/kit-builder/?locale=en_GB

Im a fan of the chevron style (think Southend used it recently), love to see a Charlton version of this :

A lot like the Doncaster kit isn't it?

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Stig said:

bens big toe looks really lonely out there all on its own, monkey feet!
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

Just seen that black shorts have won. Crazy that Tan has got them voting for the kit that they all hated a year ago, sneaky man.

Think I would have picked black too, seems like the only one of the 4 that doesn't seem so familiar.

• Options
    Stig said:

I do hope that has been done on photoshop.

• Options
    @68/9er that looks great, and but for reference to event dates that I won't be participating in, I'd gladly buy one!
    Given all the talk of cycling on here, any interest in Charlton Life/CAFC cycling kit?
  • Options
    68/9er said:

Is it possible to buy these ?

• Options
    West Ham's new Adidas kits are the best so far this close season. Old school, as the kids say.
  • Options
    Agreed Valley11, very nice looking kits.
  • Options
    The collar on it makes it look like a Burnley kit.