Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Poll** Will you buy a Season Ticket for Season 2013/2014

Comments

• Options
    I've been a C for a while now and will continue to do so. Expect to do more Aways than Home, really don't enjoy The Valley these days, more due to idiots I always end up sitting near and having to listen to. At least you can move around away from home.
  • Options
    A - Renewed my two...at this rate, renewals could outnumber actual season ticket holders on this site...
  • Options

Can anyone tell me how much cheaper the earlybird prices normally are? Id buy now but moneys tight at the minute!

It was 50quid last season. I paid £375 for mine (east blockD) which went up to £425 after the deadline. Now £440 so probably £475 - 490 after the deadline
  • Options

Can anyone tell me how much cheaper the earlybird prices normally are? Id buy now but moneys tight at the minute!

If you read the add carefully, it doesn't say that season tickets will actually be more expensive after the deadline (unless I've missed soemthing?). So I reckon it's quite likely that they won't actually go up after Monday. It only says what you will save in comparison to buying tickets on a match by match basis.

Addicks fans who purchase their 2013/14 season ticket before the deadline on April 8th will save up to £169.

The calculation is based on the amount that can be saved in comparison with purchasing tickets on a match-by-match basis.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how long we have to keep our seat before they are on "general sale" ?
  • Options

Does anyone know how long we have to keep our seat before they are on "general sale" ?

June sometime MOG but prices could go up after Monday 8 April.

• Options
    Thanks Len, want to re-new (even tho' AdamTheAddick sits behind me).
    ;-)
  • Options
    Stone said:

If you read the add carefully, it doesn't say that season tickets will actually be more expensive after the deadline (unless I've missed soemthing?). So I reckon it's quite likely that they won't actually go up after Monday. It only says what you will save in comparison to buying tickets on a match by match basis.

Addicks fans who purchase their 2013/14 season ticket before the deadline on April 8th will save up to £169.

The calculation is based on the amount that can be saved in comparison with purchasing tickets on a match-by-match basis.

It's all smoke and mirrors. If they can say at this point how much we will save compared to match by match purchases, that presupposes that they know now how many footy for a fiver, Jackson 5, two for one offers and the like they will have. Ill I'll bet they don't at this point. Perhaps Airman could confirm? If they don't put ST prices up by a sizeable slug after Monday it will be gross misrepresentation. The clear implication has been buy your ST before 8 April or the cost of doing so will be significantly more thereafter.
  • Options
    Just renewed my two in a moment of reckless, financially suicidal stupidity!

Before the Club Defenders leap down my throat I know we were warned about the credit card charge in advance but that does not alter the fact, in my opinion, that it is a spiteful, unnecessary little charge by the Club when it is taking £300 plus from individuals and, in my case, £600.
  • Options
    aren't the club charged 2% for all credit card transactions but a debit card is a smaller one off payment (less than £2 at a guess) no matter what the purchase . I don't think passing the extra charge on is out of line personally
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just renewed mine but needed to make it financially viable so moved from my single East Stand seat (£400) to having 1 x adult (£235, as I am now VG) and 1 x Under 11 (£50) in the Family stand. Makes sense when, most weeks, my nephew comes with me anyway. Means I save £165 and he saves about £65................total saving of £230 to us and Charlton have acquired a brand new season ticket holder as well as retaining mine. Result all round, surely!
  • Options

aren't the club charged 2% for all credit card transactions but a debit card is a smaller one off payment (less than £2 at a guess) no matter what the purchase . I don't think passing the extra charge on is out of line personally

I think it's probably more a case of trying to direct people to Wonga or whoever does the season ticket loans at an exorbitant interest rate personally as doubtless there is some sort of commission for the Club.

Just an opinion as very few people (certainly not me anyway) can stump up that much money on a debit card and the Club will be aware of that.

• Options
    ...............without wishing to be flippant, I find that the only way to be in a position to fund the annual season ticket is to have a monthly savings plan that provides the sum needed by the end of March each year. I refuse to increase the cost due to 'easy payment' or 'credit card fee' charges.
  • Options
    used my Charlton Credit card and they waived the fee
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    LenGlover said:

I think it's probably more a case of trying to direct people to Wonga or whoever does the season ticket loans at an exorbitant interest rate personally as doubtless there is some sort of commission for the Club.

Just an opinion as very few people (certainly not me anyway) can stump up that much money on a debit card and the Club will be aware of that.
    Must be a first because I've never heard of a turf accountant with a cash flow problem before Len :-) Going to hand my form in with a cheque before the game on Saturday which will buy me a few days grace whilst it clears to transfer some money in from my offshore account - without any add ons :-)
  • Options
    There isnt a fee online, and if u have valley gold u do it offline and they waive the fee
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

RedPanda said:

A - renewing this week.

I can just tell that you are a good and honest man. The thin red line is growing!

COYR!
    Ha, thank you. Did the deed yesterday, I could do without paying out £300 at the moment but it would be only £350 or whatever in a few months.

• Options
    Just done mine. 30 seconds over the phone. Easy peasy.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can re-new online with the finance option, or is it just for all you folk with pots of cash?....................
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Does anyone know if you can re-new online with the finance option, or is it just for all you folk with pots of cash?....................

Extract from OS 'As usual, supporters can choose to pay for their season ticket in four or 10-month instalments by signing up to Zebra Finance, and fans can download a Zebra Finance application form here.

However, this season existing season-ticket holders can also sign up to pay in instalments online via http://www.seasonticketfinance.com/cafc. Unfortunately, this service isn’t available online to new applicants.

All queries should be directed to the Valley commercial centre by calling 0871 226 1905'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Just renewed my two in a moment of reckless, financially suicidal stupidity!

Before the Club Defenders leap down my throat I know we were warned about the credit card charge in advance but that does not alter the fact, in my opinion, that it is a spiteful, unnecessary little charge by the Club when it is taking £300 plus from individuals and, in my case, £600.

They did say numerous times, that there is no charge to renew online. Pity you dont use t'net :-)
  • Options
    My 3 renewed.
  • Options
    Renewed.
  • Options
    Just renewed mine...damn you sunshine and positivity!
  • Options
    Renewed mine online always was going to just never got round to it before
  • Options
    Finally managed to do my two, despite some technical challenges.
  • Options
    renewed on Wednesday
  • Options
    I don't think Reams will...
  • Options
    Wow. Interesting character. Anyone know him?
  • Options
    The players have dug deep this season. Now our turn.

Come on chaps. The team deserve more season ticket renewels than last year.

We need to build so we need the money.