Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

millwall pre match

Comments

• Off_it said:

Fair enough, but I would've thought somewhere a bit nearer might've been better - say, Greenwich?

Unless that's where everyone is forming up ready to march?
    ;o)

Lot's of Millwall drink in Greenwich, probably the 'Spoons, but I know a few drink in the Mitre.
  • Off_it said:

Speaking to a lot of folks yesterday and it seems most people are actually going to be drinking in Charlton before the game then making their way to SE16 at about 2-2:15pm. The Rose of Denmark and the Antigaligan are drafting in extra bar staff (than they would usually have on a non match Saturday). I'm sure the Lib and the Con clubs will be as well.

Really? What's the point in that? Seems a bit odd to me.
    Strikes me that it's a reasonably safe place to drink seeing as London Bridge is likely to be a no-go and Surrey Quays will be full of Millwall
    I think the Spoons opposite Surrey Quays station SHOULD be fine, if not then do a 5-10min walk to The Moby Dick then get a 381 to the ground
  • So what?

Blimey, if you believe everything you read then Millwall will be "drinking" in Greenwich, London Bridge, New Cross, Surrey Quays and any number of places in between.

I suspect they will be, it's their home game after all, but I don't see why that would put anyone off drinking anywhere not within the immediate vicinity of the ground.
  • Off_it said:

So what?

Blimey, if you believe everything you read then Millwall will be "drinking" in Greenwich, London Bridge, New Cross, Surrey Quays and any number of places in between.

I suspect they will be, it's their home game after all, but I don't see why that would put anyone off drinking anywhere not within the immediate vicinity of the ground.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying it would put a lot of people off.

Myself, I will be in London Bridge. There may be Millwall, Brighton, even Palace fans there too, but it's convenient for me.
  • I'll be in the LB area too. We're gonna book a cab armoured car to the ground at about half two.
  • Not sure cabs armored cars go south of the Thames.
  • Off_it said:

Fair enough, but I would've thought somewhere a bit nearer might've been better - say, Greenwich?

;o)

Lot's of Millwall drink in Greenwich, probably the 'Spoons, but I know a few drink in the Mitre.
    I think we're drinking in Greenwich pre-game.

Do Those drinking in London Bridge realise they'll need to get the tube to Canada Water and walk as there are no trains to S.Bermondsey ?
  • se9addick said:

Off_it said:

;o)

Do Those drinking in London Bridge realise they'll need to get the tube to Canada Water and walk as there are no trains to S.Bermondsey ?
    Gonna get a cab I think. Should be cheap enough between four or five.
  • se9addick said:

Off_it said:

;o)

Gonna get a cab I think. Should be cheap enough between four or five.
    Not a bad shout. I wonder if the police "suggested" to southern that they might want to have their engineering works next Saturday to avoid us, Millwall, Brighton and Palace all travelling on the same line, from the same station at the same time ?
  • London Bridge, Denmark hill was the choice for the 4-0 and was dead, obviously a no go with the trains this time round.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it would be a really good idea to post where everyones going to drink then Bunny can do a link the House of Fun.

If I did it would receive very little response I'd imagine.

Unless you've suddenly become a big player in hooligan circles (red division?)

• Off_it said:

I'll be in the LB area too. We're gonna book a cab armoured car to the ground at about half two.

Half two!? Missing out on at least another pint there d!

• Couple cans for the journey, finish them stood outside the away end looking menacing.
  • Off_it said:

Couple cans for the journey, finish them stood outside the away end looking menacing.

Or looking like one of them
  • Off_it said:

Couple cans for the journey, finish them stood outside the away end looking menacing.

Or looking like one of them
    You want a piece of me brave lad?
  • edited November 2012
    I am having Pie & Mash in wharf road with Dave S, Danny, Georgie & three Millwall mates, strangely they have never threatened me or eaten my boy alive in the last 20 years I have known them and they look out for our results, as I have no palace mates I cant compare the two but I cant wait for saturday, its a derby where as palace is a rivalry to me anyway...
  • Off_it said:

Speaking to a lot of folks yesterday and it seems most people are actually going to be drinking in Charlton before the game then making their way to SE16 at about 2-2:15pm. The Rose of Denmark and the Antigaligan are drafting in extra bar staff (than they would usually have on a non match Saturday). I'm sure the Lib and the Con clubs will be as well.

Strikes me that it's a reasonably safe place to drink seeing as London Bridge is likely to be a no-go and Surrey Quays will be full of Millwall
    why is london bridge a no go? jump on 21 bus after a drink at london bridge and bingo. seems simple to me.
  • Really fancy a booze but taking my. 11 year old son to his first Millwall v Charlton game, so looking for a boozer to have a good booze and be safe.
  • Off_it said:

why is london bridge a no go? jump on 21 bus after a drink at london bridge and bingo. seems simple to me.
    It's only a no-go coz of the train situation. Can you imagine 1500 Charlton trying to get a Cab at 2.30
  • Can't believe all this guff - been going football for 30 years, never had a problem - if you don't want bother, you won't get it - unless you are very stupid. If you want 100% reassurance, wear an afro and carry a lidl bag and you'll just blend in with the locals
  • Sponsored links:

• London bridge will be full of charlton and can't see how getting a train there will be a prob . Do people drink in charlton till 2. 15 when we play palace away ? Fuck me man up
  • Were all heading up to Greenwich early doors
  • I'm gonna get my haircut extra short for this one , and wear some braces as well , it could get nawty.....

C'mon people we sound like we're on a film set with Danny Dyer.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I am having Pie & Mash in wharf road with Dave S, Danny, Georgie & three Millwall mates, strangely they have never threatened me or eaten my boy alive in the last 20 years I have known them and they look out for our results, as I have no palace mates I cant compare the two but I cant wait for saturday, its a derby where as palace is a rivalry to me anyway...

Agreed. I have Millwall mates and work with Millwall fans and we all get on. I have even accompanied them to Millwall games at the Den. Palace on the other hand; I have no Palace mates, don't know any Palace fans and would never go to Selhurst Park unless watching Charlton

• ljm29 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Agreed. I have Millwall mates and work with Millwall fans and we all get on. I have even accompanied them to Millwall games at the Den. Palace on the other hand; I have no Palace mates, don't know any Palace fans and would never go to Selhurst Park unless watching Charlton

Same here!
  • New Cross or New Cross Gate for me and the four others going, not sure what pub yet. Either that or overground from New Cross to Surrey Keys to the 'Spoons.
  • Will be loads of charlton and millwall mates goin up there together I'd imagine.
    This fixture is a lot friendlier than most will have you believe.
  • Im going to drink in Ashford then train in at 2.55pm
  • Will be loads of charlton and millwall mates goin up there together I'd imagine.
    This fixture is a lot friendlier than most will have you believe.

wait till we win