Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that make you feel old

Comments

• Options

Being 54 today.

Happy birthday P.
  • Options
    Have a great day, @Algarveaddick xx
  • Options

Being 54 today.

Happy birthday 🎂 - I was wishing a person of the female persuasion the same today, and I had to explain that I was over twice her age (she's 23).

She was kind, and said I looked younger than my years - I'd love to claim due to my youthful good looks fighting back the ravages of time, but apparently it's just that constantly getting fatter keeps the signs of ageing at bay, with taut skin from within largely eliminating wrinkles and sagging around the neck.
  • Options

Being 54 today.

Is that all?

A mere youngster!

Have a good one.
  • Options

Stig said:

Yesterday I went on a boat trip at New Quay in Wales. As we pulled in to dock in the little harbour my mother in law (bless her) lost her lunch over the side of the boat together with her top set of teeth. As quick as a flash and sensing the opportunity to be the hero of the hour, I stripped-down to my pants and jumped in. Luckily, being on holiday, it was the first time in a year that I had new smalls on, so there was nothing to be worried about in a public display.

Anyway, after half an hour of hunting around the ocean bed I found the missing set. I rose to the surface like a triumphant pearl diver, held my arms aloft and waved the old lady's gnashers to the excited crowd that had gathered on the harbour wall. I must have looked something like a cross between Johnny Weissmuller and Nick Kamen, only a bit more handsome and dashing. Well, that's what I thought until I saw the pictures my wife had on her iPad of a fat balding bloke in a pair of water-stretched cackers, gurning as he waived some discoloured false teeth at a handful of onlookers.

For a short while I felt young, but reality struck when I saw the picture. That's when I feel old, when reality strikes.

Stig - absolutely brilliant, just spate my tea all over the desk. Take a bow !!
    Hope you kept your teeth in when your did.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Stig said:

Yesterday I went on a boat trip at New Quay in Wales. As we pulled in to dock in the little harbour my mother in law (bless her) lost her lunch over the side of the boat together with her top set of teeth. As quick as a flash and sensing the opportunity to be the hero of the hour, I stripped-down to my pants and jumped in. Luckily, being on holiday, it was the first time in a year that I had new smalls on, so there was nothing to be worried about in a public display.

Anyway, after half an hour of hunting around the ocean bed I found the missing set. I rose to the surface like a triumphant pearl diver, held my arms aloft and waved the old lady's gnashers to the excited crowd that had gathered on the harbour wall. I must have looked something like a cross between Johnny Weissmuller and Nick Kamen, only a bit more handsome and dashing. Well, that's what I thought until I saw the pictures my wife had on her iPad of a fat balding bloke in a pair of water-stretched cackers, gurning as he waived some discoloured false teeth at a handful of onlookers.

For a short while I felt young, but reality struck when I saw the picture. That's when I feel old, when reality strikes.

Any chance of sharing the picture?
    Probably best not on grounds of public decency.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, Algarve!
  • Options
    Writing about were you hung out in your youth, and realising it was 60 years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done @Stig ... stories about going down and emerging dripping wet holding a set of dentures don't normally end so well
  • Options
    Just received a final edition Yellow Pages (all 123 pages of it). A quick google reveals the concept first appeared in 1966 as a classified section of the directory. The thing is I pretty much remember all their adverts.

Let your fingers do the walking.
    It’s not just there for the bad things in life.
    Fly fishing by J. R. Hartley.
    Hello French Polishers?
    The James Nesbitt series ....
  • Options
    Belated Happy birthday, @Algarveaddick. It might help to remember that however old you are, you'll again never be as young as you are now.
    (You're about five weeks ahead of me)
  • Options
    Someone just asked me what my plans are for the Wilder/Fury fight next month.

It's in LA, around 5am UK time. Obviously my answer was "erm, I'll be asleep mate".
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Someone just asked me what my plans are for the Wilder/Fury fight next month.

It's in LA, around 5am UK time. Obviously my answer was "erm, I'll be going for wee mate".

Grandad ;)
  • Options
    I played one of my Dead Can Dance albums earlier and my son slated it for being dull and boring. My retort that it was cutting edge stuff didn't hold up to scrutiny though as it's 30 years old.
  • Options
    When on my birthday I was filling in a form and still looked at a calendar to check what the date was!
  • Options
    My Age!
  • Options
    Stig said:

I played one of my Dead Can Dance albums earlier and my son slated it for being dull and boring. My retort that it was cutting edge stuff didn't hold up to scrutiny though as it's 30 years old.

Gawd, haven't heard of them for a long time, had one of their albums can't remember which one, really liked it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you're filling in an online form and they have one of those drop down boxes for your year of birth - 1953 is a long, long way down now!
  • Options
    I heard this morning that Steve Harmison has grandkids
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

When you're filling in an online form and they have one of those drop down boxes for your year of birth - 1953 is a long, long way down now!

You get to yours before I get to mine :smiley:
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

He is northern though, probably nearing great grandparent stage for him

wmcf123 said:

He is northern though, probably nearing great grandparent stage for him
    hes only 32
  • Options
    Apparently according to nosebook, 36 years ago today, we signed Allan Simonsen.
  • Options

Apparently according to nosebook, 36 years ago today, we signed Allan Simonsen.

Yesterday, I believe.
  • Options
    I'm probably to old to understand this concept. But I think it will suit some who can't play real sport for whatever reason.
    One day so one will pay just to watch me work lathe.