Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things that make you feel old

I read today that Bebeto's baby - from the Brazil teams USA 94 celebration - has just been called up to their U20 squad.

That makes me feel old.

Comments

• sitting in a bath for a long time.
  • Having to explain to colleagues who Clive Dunn was and getting plenty of blank looks with my "Don't Panic!" impression. They're not even that young...
  • Nightclubs
  • Having to explain to colleagues who Clive Dunn was and getting plenty of blank looks with my "Don't Panic!" impression. They're not even that young...

More to do with lack of curiosity than age mate. That is what worries me about the young. Ask the same people the same thing in six months and they still will not have a clue as it is in one ear and out the other...

• Kid in the row behind me at the Barnsley match when the 'fiiiiiiiish' came on the big screen: "My dad told me about this, there was this really old Charlton player called Mark Fish..."
  • I was chatting to a teenager (nothing dodgy I might add) and when I mentioned a kids show, shes said "oh yeah, my Mum loved that". I felt like I was about 100. That, and looking in the mirror.

I'm 32 for Christ's sake.

More to do with lack of curiosity than age mate. That is what worries me about the young. Ask the same people the same thing in six months and they still will not have a clue as it is in one ear and out the other...

Saying things like this on forums, that's a sign of being old.

• Having a Jim'll Fix It Badge.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Having to rehearse leaving my armchair, however at least our badge is a Blue Peter badge.
  • Plaaayer said:

Having a Jim'll Fix It Badge.....

He said Old. Not dirty.

• Planning your journeys via public toilets.
  • Being waved to the front of the queue outside a gig in Noo Yawk while everyone else was getting the third degree to prove they were over 21. Has it's advantages I suppose:-)
  • Jodaius said:

Kid in the row behind me at the Barnsley match when the 'fiiiiiiiish' came on the big screen: "My dad told me about this, there was this really old Charlton player called Mark Fish..."

Disgraceful.

Mind you I do get 'em back when they start banging on about Joey Essex et al...
  • Dub Step
    Twitter
    Professional players born in the 1990s.
  • The fact Ryan Giggs had played (I think) 174 professional matches before Raheem Sterling was born
  • Rose, Hewie, Kinsey, Bailey, Haydock, Tocknell, Kenning, Matthews, Firmani, Edwards and Glover.
  • Raheem Sterling having 3 kids
  • Sponsored links:

• Being older than the players, manager and most of the directors.
  • Being older then all the page 3 girls.
  • LenGlover said:

Being even older than Oggy

You know that's what you really wanted to say, Len.

;o)
  • JT said:

Raheem Sterling having 3 kids

Jimmy saville having 733 kids .....sorry

• A while ago, having had my lunch in a restaurant, I went to the cash desk to settle up. The girl behind the till was going on about how nice my shirt was. As I was standing there thinking that the old magic was still there she said, "it's just like the sort of thing my dad would wear"!

• you know your old when people buy you clothes from Ted Baker as a present
  • Seeing a fit bird in a skimpy outfit and thinking "I bet she's cold"
  • Rizzo said:

Seeing a fit bird in a skimpy outfit and thinking "If only I could catch her"

• getting everywhere an hour early 'just incase the roads/trains are bad' not winging it. looking ar someone having driving lesson and thinking jesus they look 12.