Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that make you feel old

Comments

• Options
    Singing to myself 🎵I'm Back, Back in the New York Groove🎵 yesterday whilst doing Park Run. No idea why, but Hello, they recorded it way back......... in 1975 😱 
  • Options
    My son turning 13 today
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Singing to myself 🎵I'm Back, Back in the New York Groove🎵 yesterday whilst doing Park Run. No idea why, but Hello, they recorded it way back......... in 1975 😱 
    Thanks. Now you've got me doing it.
  • Options
    paulg1947 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    What's gaviscon?
    It was called milk of magnesia in your day
    lol That was that vile tasting stuff from the blue bottle, put on a teaspoon and you had to swallow, each time you tried to get off school pretending you had tummy ache.
    I remember that white suff ,in a blue bottle. Now i REALY feel old--- Talking of blue stuff. Does any one remember the little blue sache of salt, that was in the bottom of the Smiths Potato Crisps? Even the 'grease proof' paper bag, before plastic was invented
    Funny. Me and.the wife was talking about the “white stuff in a blue bottle’ as I said strawberry Actimol had that chalky taste to it, could we remember the name of it. Then suddenly at 1 am when we were asleep. She’s seats up and yells out milo of magnesia. We couldn’t got back to sleep.
  • Options
    When, apart from watching your son play cricket, you don't go out and avoid every social event possible for six months since New Year's Eve bar one because you just do not feel up to it - and catch Covid, as I did three weeks ago, on that one night out! 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    paulg1947 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    What's gaviscon?
    It was called milk of magnesia in your day
    lol That was that vile tasting stuff from the blue bottle, put on a teaspoon and you had to swallow, each time you tried to get off school pretending you had tummy ache.
    I remember that white suff ,in a blue bottle. Now i REALY feel old--- Talking of blue stuff. Does any one remember the little blue sache of salt, that was in the bottom of the Smiths Potato Crisps? Even the 'grease proof' paper bag, before plastic was invented
    Walkers still produce them.

image 1 of Walkers Salt  Shake Crisps 6X24g
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    kafka said:
    swordfish said:
    Thanks. Now you've got me doing it.
    Sorry, it's hard to shift isn't it? I can empathize with tinnitus sufferers. Cillit Bang perhaps? 😎
  • Options
    Will be 50 years next year since this came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCblmgWUC3c
  • Options
    Will be 50 years next year since this came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCblmgWUC3c
    its 30 years this year since the remake came out 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qyfZNvD2CU
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulg1947 said:
     There was an iconic T V ad  That any smart arse,would use at Charlton,years ago, when they wern't playing too good .He/they would shout MAKESON, from up the back of the East terrace, to break the silence of apathy. Always got a larf .and i dont think Makeson Stout has been around for at least 50 years
    You can still get hold of Mackeson*. I know because I bought some for a beer tasting day a few years back. It's very weak, but surprisingly tasty. The big trouble is that at £3.65 for four 330ml cans of beer at a mere 2.8%, you'd need a king's ransom to get slightly tipsy, let alone pie-eyed (now there's a phrase you don't hear any more).

*Hmmm, spell check just changed it to Jackson
  • Options
    Watching the one show last night and Omar was a guest talking about his latest acting role in Eastenders and realising his song ‘there’s nothing like this’ was 31 years ago.
  • Options
    I take shower gel and a flannel into the cubicle for a post swim shower. 

Once in there I normally put the flannel on my head whilst opening the gel.  The other day I opened the gel, forgot the flannel was on my head and walked back to the locker with my 'scullcap' flannel on display.  Anyone watching might have thought I'd changed my religion - talking of which - if things get much worse and I forget my trunks .... oh jeez, let's not go there. 
    What religion wear flannels on their heads then, Raitho?
  • Options
    Writing my date of birth. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    My son turning 13 today
    That is nothing, my eldest is 57 at the end of the month, how do you think I feel?
    I was going to say my eldest has is 30, but I actually feel much better about that now My youngest is 2 and a half, so she balances it out (sort of).
  • Options
    Watching the one show last night and Omar was a guest talking about his latest acting role in Eastenders and realising his song ‘there’s nothing like this’ was 31 years ago.
    Loved that song 
  • Options
    That’s a great song. He sat at the table next to us at Ronnie Scott’s a few years ago. Had a quick chat, he was a nice guy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Patchouli 
  • Options
    Funny enough, my face and gut! Strange that.