Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that make you feel old

Comments

• Options
    When you realise The Godfather movie is 50 years old……oh come on, tell me that isn’t true!
  • Options
    When all your sub-30 colleagues are getting botox. 
  • Options
    Why have I suddenly started to forget doing my flies up? 
  • Options
    Finding white hairs in my beard!! 
  • Options
    Finding white hairs in my beard on my balls!! 

• Options
    If you can stand on one leg for at least 10 seconds you will live at least another 10 years (or so I heard).
  • Options
    The awful promotion of Gender "reassignment" surgery for state school children. It doesn't just make me feel old. It actually makes me feel positively unwell. 
  • Options
    Going to weddings. Standing next to policemen. Listening to "pop" music. Mirrors! 
  • Options
    And we thought he was living in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you can stand on one leg for at least 10 seconds you will live at least another 10 years (or so I heard).
    I’ve just fallen over.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
  • Options
    Finding white hairs in my beard on my balls!! 

Wishing the white hairs on my head would come back again
  • Options
    My son had a soiree recently and I couldn't help noticing some of his boyhood friends. 

Friends that I could recall as children who are now middle aged.  It was like being in a time warp.  I have no idea of what they thought of the old geezer in the corner drinking his beer ... and I don't want to know!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
  • Options
    My son had a soiree recently and I couldn't help noticing some of his boyhood friends. 

Friends that I could recall as children who are now middle aged.  It was like being in a time warp.  I have no idea of what they thought of the old geezer in the corner drinking his beer ... and I don't want to know!
    On a similar theme, collecting grandchildren from school and remembering far too many other parents (and the odd teacher) as contemporaries of one or other of my daughters at the same school.
  • Options
    Love Island.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Solidgone said:
    The next stage is when you don’t care if you have 😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I’ve cracked it - Its been when I’m brushing my teeth which always makes me want to take a piss. Its difficult doing two things at once and that’s when I forget to do my flies up! All I’ve got to do now is to remember this and check my flies after brushing my teeth.
  • Options
    On the tube the other night. A young girl stood up and offered me her seat and was quite insistent about it. 
    Very nice of her to think of others but it left me felling very deflated. At 58 I still feel healthy, not on any medication and in my head I'm still young. Obviously I dont look it.
  • Options
    On the tube the other night. A young girl stood up and offered me her seat and was quite insistent about it. 
    Very nice of her to think of others but it left me felling very deflated. At 58 I still feel healthy, not on any medication and in my head I'm still young. Obviously I dont look it.
    Perhaps she just didn't wan't to be at eye level with the dead bird in the nest ;)
  • Options
    A app applying for your over 70’s driving licence.
  • Options
    Struggling to get up off the floor after playing with my little grandson.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    cafctom said:
    Players who are my age retiring from the game in their mid 30s, when it feels like they only started playing it yesterday. 

Makes it hit home how short a player’s career really feels like.
    There's a fixed hierarchy as to how the age of footballing people affects you. If you're still comparing yourself to players, you're fine. When you've worked your way through players, referees, managers then owners, that's when you know you're ready for a high backed armchair and an NHS chiropodist.
    just ordered a high back armchair…
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Solidgone said:
    The next stage is when you don’t care if you have 😳
    And then you start doing it on purpose.
  • Options
    Tuneless whistling.