Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wendy Perfect is to leave The Valley (15th Nov)

1235»

Comments

• edited February 2015
    seth plum said:

I have known Wendy for over twenty years, and to suggest she doesn't write he own article is laughable. It is either personally insulting, or generally sexist, or a suggestion made by troll to get a reaction.

I think what PL54 has explained (albeit in an emotive term) is that he was commenting that AB was responding to my comment rather than WP responding and PA responded with a rationale for that.
  • Kap10 said:

seth plum said:

I have known Wendy for over twenty years, and to suggest she doesn't write he own article is laughable. It is either personally insulting, or generally sexist, or a suggestion made by troll to get a reaction.

I think what PL54 has explained (albeit in an emotive term) is that he was commenting that AB was responding to my comment rather than WP responding and PA responded with a rationale for that.
    I'm the editor . . . it would be surprising if I wasn't very familiar with the content of articles I've just spent a fortnight sub-editing, laying out, proofreading and publishing. Ultimately as editor and publisher I take a level of responsibility for articles in the Voice whether or not I agree with them. Indeed, that's the law.
  • Kap10 said:

seth plum said:

I'm the editor . . . it would be surprising if I wasn't very familiar with the content of articles I've just spent a fortnight sub-editing, laying out, proofreading and publishing. Ultimately as editor and publisher I take a level of responsibility for articles in the Voice whether or not I agree with them. Indeed, that's the law.
    Good for you!
  • Point of order. VIPs have been able to submit questions in writing before so nothing new.

If it is JUST pre-submitted questions then that would be different but we'll have to wait and see on that.

Elsewhere some people's trolling reaching new depths.

also, isn't the museum open before the meeting.................?

:wink:
    Yes, it is, from 5.30 to 6.45 pm. Thanks for reminding me : - )
  • Kap10 said:

seth plum said:

Better tell Steve Dixon that Reza didn't go back to Rumania. I enjoyed the latest VOTV and it was well balanced with an article pro the owner. Two pounds well spent.

• is there a new VoTV???
    haven't got mine yet, fings ain't wot they used to be
  • dickplumb said:

Kap10 said:

seth plum said:

Better tell Steve Dixon that Reza didn't go back to Rumania. I enjoyed the latest VOTV and it was well balanced with an article pro the owner. Two pounds well spent.

Reza 2.0 = Tucudean - I also had to think about it though!
  • Too subtle for me.
  • For those of us who don't have a clue who you lot are behind your masks, can I ask a question?

What was the 'Airman debacle' referred to earlier.? Any chance this simple question can get a simple answer ? I suspect that will be difficult.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

How on earth did you get there?
  • Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

Valid question for the Plumb
  • Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

He thinks Luzon has been in charge for about 30 games....
  • edited February 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

Because it was asked of a man whether he had done the writing for a woman, this is a potentially sexist attitude from the person asking the question. However I lined that possibility up alongside trolling, or personal insult.

• PL54 said:

WayneK said:

If you know, why not just answer the question?

Wendy approached me before Christmas because she wanted to set out how her frustration with the club's inability to do simple things under KM had led to her quitting her job. I understand she also told Meire to her face what she thought of the situation at the VG committee.

It wasn't my idea and I didn't write it. But I think if PL54 wants to insult Wendy with the suggestion it isn't her article then he should have the balls to do it to her face.
    Calm down precious - my question was based around your response to someone's interpretation of the article. Which they are allowed I assume.

You seem very clear on what the article aims to say and what Wendy herself thinks and therefore wanted to get across (perhaps even a little protective /defensive)
  • PL54 said:

Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

Valid question for the Plumb
    Keep flying the flag PL54.

But do you realize we have a pair of plums ?

Dick Plumb a journey man striker from the 70's and Seth Plum the 1st international for CAFC.

So show a bit more respect, you come across us someone who would squeeze
    the plums until the pips squeak. (makes my eye water)

• masicat said:

For those of us who don't have a clue who you lot are behind your masks, can I ask a question?

What was the 'Airman debacle' referred to earlier.? Any chance this simple question can get a simple answer ? I suspect that will be difficult.

.?
  • edited February 2015
    masicat said:

masicat said:

For those of us who don't have a clue who you lot are behind your masks, can I ask a question?

.?
    Never question yourself.
  • masicat said:

Can I ask you a question? What the fuck are you talking about?
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:

masicat said:

.?
    Never question yourself.
    Or as Airma said earlier in the VIP thread, never ask a question you don't know the answer to :-)
  • Uboat said:

masicat said:

Can I ask you a question? What the fuck are you talking about?
    Question is quite simple. What the fuck is it about the question you don't understand.?