Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wendy Perfect is to leave The Valley (15th Nov)

edited November 2012 in General Charlton
Told after the game by someone who I trust 100% . Don't know the ins and outs at this stage, I just know Wendy is leaving. I don't know what to say, Wendy has just done so much for the club and all us supporters who use Valley Express. Thank you so much Wendy, you've helped us personally in so many ways. I'll miss you big time.

Comments

• I was told before the game that she'd handed in her notice as a result of the Airman debacle.
  • Why am I not surprised to read this? Will the last person out please turn off the lights.

Wendy was pitchside today though...
  • Understandable after the way RE has been treated.

Could cause a few problems with Valley Gold and the half time draw if she goes.
  • Clucking Bell - I fear another 18 page thread that reads like an obituary coming on.
  • Will she be replaced?
  • She will still be doing the Valley Gold apparently.
  • edited October 2012
    Wendy has resigned her employment with the football club, which covers Valley Express, Valley Away and Young Addicks, etc. She hasn't resigned her Valley Gold role, which the board do not and cannot by law control.
  • What about coach travel?
  • edited October 2012
    Badger said:

What about coach travel?

I think the words "Valley Express" and "Valley Away" may give you some kind of clue Badger.

• So sorry to hear and wish Wendy the very best. Many thanks for all her hard work. What is happening at our club is mystifying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is the masterplan to outsource Airman, WP's & in fact all other club services to a call centre in Bangalore?
  • This has come as no suprise, but another dose of sadness. Wendy is one very special person, and will be impossible to replace at Charlton.
    Very bad news indeed.
  • I don't want to sound melodramatic but how long will it be before we see the same thread title but with 'Chris Powell' instead of 'Wendy Perfect'?
    Scary.
  • Very concerned we haven't seen the roasted peanut man around lately.
  • Very concerned we haven't seen the roasted peanut man around lately.

He's one of the 10%ers.

• ... and what's happened to the half-time scoreboard at the top of the east terrace?
  • edited October 2012
    Valley11 said:

I don't want to sound melodramatic but how long will it be before we see the same thread title but with 'Chris Powell' instead of 'Wendy Perfect'?
    Scary.

Unfortunately, not long at all.
  • edited October 2012
    Sad but not surprising news.

All those coaches don't get booked and arranged by themselves.

Another dedicated, hard working and long serving employee lost to the club in totally avoidable circumstances.

Losing one one member of staff is unfortunate, losing four looks like recklessness.

But worry not about Chris Powell leaving. SCP and TJ get on really well so no chance they will fall out or CP will get so annoyed at Tony's attempts to play Championship Manager he'll refuse to meet with him.

Just as long as Tony can get yet another short term loan in to cover the wages we will be fine. Some new owners will be found soon I'm sure.
  • Oakster said:

Is the masterplan to outsource Airman, WP's & in fact all other club services to a call centre in Bangalore?

Young Addicks' Xmas party now being moved there.
  • Seriously, I am not surprised to hear this news as The Valley seems to be a pretty grim place to work these days.

You'll be sorely missed, Wendy and thanks for all your help in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck to Wendy. A thouroughly nice person, and Charlton through and through...
  • This is bad news.

Wendy Perfect went to great lengths to help me and my daughters get tickets for the play off final.

The backbone of the Club is being ripped apart.

Things get ever more worrying.
  • Oh blimey, there's just no good news coming out of the club at the moment is there.

Good luck in whatever you do next Wendy.
  • Like others, this is not such a shock after the news of others leaving. The club have now lost yet another valuable asset.
    Knowing Rick and Wendy I am sure that they will continue to serve the club and the supporters if not some of the board.
  • Wendy made me ball boy against Chelsea when I was a lad. Sad, sad times :(
  • The long term impact of all these departures will be decided by the quality of their replacements (if there are any replacements) so I still don't think we can say the club is on the brink of collapse, but it certainly seems a bit uinsteady on its feet right now.

However, if someone like Wendy, who has worked so hard for the club and clearly is genuine Addick, feels it is appropriate to resign in protest at a time when finding a new job could be very difficult, it does not bode well at all for staff morale at the club right now.

Whatever the future holds for the club, I wish PV, SK, RE and WP the very best of luck in their futures. Hopefully they will get a chance to work hard for the club again someday, from the inside or the outside.

The board may still get us to the end, but the means it getting a bit ugly.
  • I thought this was a Sheffield Wendy on first glance!!!
  • The long term impact of all these departures will be decided by the quality of their replacements (if there are any replacements) so I still don't think we can say the club is on the brink of collapse ...

Not convinced there will be any replacements ...in fact I see it as very doubtful
  • I was only thinking yesterday, 'at least Wendy Perfect is still involved with the club.....'
  • Chris Parkes still there, has done 25yrs, how much longer?