Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wendy Perfect is to leave The Valley (15th Nov)

Comments

• Oh FFS Guinness, don't jinx the poor bloke!
  • I think the head chef at the burger van is next up!
  • Martin Prothero will pick up Wendy's work on Tuesdays.
  • This is now getting too grim folks. Thanks for all the work you have done Wendy.

• Very depressing and worrying times. Thanks for everything, Wendy. Proper Charlton.
  • Sad that Wendy is leaving, but in doing so on a point of principle she is showing more integrity and class than the Board seem capable of. Good on you Wendy, and hope you and Rick will be back one day.
  • Giving up ones job on a matter of principle in these tough economic times is a bold move. I don't know Wendy but have been aware of the work that she has done over many years. I wish her all the best for the future. As others have said, this is now getting very serious and I do wonder if it is now starting to affect the playing side of things given yesterdays performance. We really do need to know what the hell is going on. Someone needs to get on the phone to Mick Collins and blow the whistle for the good of the club and us long suffering fans.
  • bill treagold RIP , wally RIP , steve dixon , barry nugent , wendy perfect , rick everitt
    All memorable names from the 80s and my early away trips and as has been mentioned above , it doesn't just happen someone has to organise it
    Good luck wendy
  • Sad news but not surprising.

This is starting to feel like Selhurst days, with two Charltons - the "official" one (the body, so to speak) and a Charlton-in-exile (the soul).

To our masters such sentiments must be unwelcome and even ungrateful, but does the Board at least understand why so many people feel the way they do, and if the owners/directors don't fully grasp by now what our Club is all about is there anyone left apart from RM who can tell them ?

• Unfortunately our club have two people TJ, & M Man City Slatter behind the scene's who don't have any empathy with the club and are doing everything possible to rid the club of the people who have it's best interests at heart and who are very competent at their job. It would seem they are in destruction mode to ensure that when it is sold on there will be no one left with any passion for what the club is about. I do believe it is only a matter of time before CP will resign or be pushed. They are pushing good staff out that are committed to the club, so I am not surprised that Wendy has become another victim. The sooner we rid the club of TJ and MS the better.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2012
    I'm not sure that Wendy resigned over a point of principle. The way I heard it was that she was very upset over the whole Rick debacle plus she arrived at work to find Rick gone and that she was expected to take on a whole load of extra work re the coaches without anyone taking the trouble to see her, explain things to her and ask if she could manage the extra work load. As many of you will know, Wendy has had more than enough stress coping with family health issues. Did anyone 'high up' at the club care about her or her welfare? Sorry, but I am still absolutely seething. You simply should not dump on dedicated, loyal and caring workers and treat them in this utterly cavalier and disgraceful manner. Shame on all of you, MS,MP, TJ and RM, our Charlton directors.
  • sad news, i must say this my boy was mascot yesterday and i must thank wendy for making this happen ,he had a great day and all that wendy and sue gallop done for us was superb i just hope this is wendys decision and not the clubs because football clubs need people like wendy and personally i think we are losing a lot of charlton people at our fantastic football club and it makes me fear for the future ,once again thanks wendy and sue you made me and family feel very proud yesterday.
  • sad news indeed but I am not surprised at all. I wish Wendy all the best. Been a loyal servant to the Club and previously the supporters club too. I am now seriously worried about the future of both Valley Express and Valley Away which take one hell of a lot of organising and Wendy and Rick had the know how.

Not many longtimers left now, not good in my opinion.
  • sad news indeed but I am not surprised at all. I wish Wendy all the best. Been a loyal servant to the Club and previously the supporters club too. I am now seriously worried about the future of both Valley Express and Valley Away which take one hell of a lot of organising and Wendy and Rick had the know how.

Not many longtimers left now, not good in my opinion.

Agree with every word, Large. With things like Valley Express, these are logistic operations. As are many other things that go on behind the scenes to make a matchday happen smoothly. There is no easy substitute for years of experience. Directors look at the salaries and think "we'll easily find someone else, it's just an admin job". Massive mistake.

And apart from that, if I could nominate two people who are the very essence of everything that's good about Charlton people, it would be Steve and Wendy Perfect.

• Let's hope this is not a case of "cutting your nose off to spite your face" as in the current climate jobs are hard to find, just because of a matter of principle.
  • shirty5 said:

Let's hope this is not a case of "cutting your nose off to spite your face" as in the current climate jobs are hard to find, just because of a matter of principle.

I am sure that Wendy would have taken all this into consideration when making her decision, one I am sure she didn't take lightly, and concluded this was the decision she wanted to make.

• 100% Charlton 100% loyal ,over the last 18years all your hard work is going to be missed sorry to hear that you have
    parted with Charlton.Also the work that you done for CASC in the early years .All the best to you and your family.
  • Will the coach services for home and away games in the future still be available.
  • Badger said:

Will the coach services for home and away games in the future still be available.

I would certainly hope so. If these start to go away then things really would be in a bad way.

• Sponsored links:

• Someone mentioned at HT on Saturday that someone else had resigned and the first name we thought of was Wendy.

I remember Richard Murray once saying that when he first got involved, it was Wendy's passionate plea at a Supporters Club meeting that convinced him just how important it was to push through the return to The Valley.

It appears in the space of a week the club is going to lose 40-50 years worth of working knowledge of Charlton from a fans perspective, how to get the most out of the fanbase and all the nitty gritty bits of things like Valley Express, Young Addicks, mascoting etc that are so important.

If it is replaced (which it desperately needs to be), there are some big shoes to follow.

Good luck Wendy.
  • ... and what's happened to the half-time scoreboard at the top of the east terrace?

and those lovely toilets beihnd them ...questions must be asked

• Would the last one to leave please turn the lights out !
  • My very best wishes to Wendy.

I shall say no more, as apparently there aren't enough facts & as most of our fans are unaware, we should just ignore it all.

No problems at Charlton as no proof.
  • Bit of a stupid post that.
  • Curb_It said:

Bit of a stupid post that.

Fits right in on here then!

• Curb_It said:

Bit of a stupid post that.

Sarcasm is never stupid.

All the best Wendy and thanks for all your efforts.
  • edited October 2012
    It is when its repeated over and over again. Kind of loses its point.

• Messed up the quoting there Quite badly.
  • Curb_It said:

Messed up the quoting there Quite badly.

So, just checking, but are you saying that yours was a bit of a stupid post then?

Welcome to my world!
    ;o)