Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wendy Perfect is to leave The Valley (15th Nov)

Comments

• Miiiiiioowwwww!
  • edited February 2015
    Kap10 said:

Heard she's spilt the beans?

Not really just written an article in Voice on why she dislike Katrien Meire. Nothing particularly illuminating.
    "Dislikes" is a misrepresentation. Nothing about disliking her in that article. More like is unable to take KM seriously as chief executive based on Wendy's experience of her and 20 years' previous experience of working at the club.
  • found the article quite insightful.
  • am I right in saying she never worked with/for Katrien?

Seems strange to form such an opinion on someone she hasn't met.
  • Swisdom said:

am I right in saying she never worked with/for Katrien?

I'd read the article before commenting on whether it's strange or not.
  • To be fair to Swisdom guys, he has merely said it "Seems strange" I don't think he is having a pop at anyone.
  • edited February 2015

Wendy Perfect is a nice a lady as you'll be likely to meet, as are so many people that HAVE worked for our club and are only somewhat recently leaving. I'm sure she wouldn't put out the piece if she didn't have a strong opinion on what she was writing, she wouldn't be using guesswork.

The article is based on dealings with Katrien and not hearsay, she has met her (Fans Forum - I think) and also had an email ignore by her.

Other than that i don't think it added to any more than we know about Katrien. I and others here have said that she is CEO in title only, at best she is a managing director, although i would put it as more an operations manager and that is why a lot of what she does ends up as a "flip flop" and "rolling under the bus".

Having read a lot of this VOTV it seems that Rick is doing a "Waggott" on her (KM), but then she or Roland has put her up as a target.
  • Kap10 said:

Wendy Perfect is a nice a lady as you'll be likely to meet, as are so many people that HAVE worked for our club and are only somewhat recently leaving. I'm sure she wouldn't put out the piece if she didn't have a strong opinion on what she was writing, she wouldn't be using guesswork.

The article is based on dealings with Katrien and not hearsay, she has met her (Fans Forum - I think) and also had an email ignore by her.

Other than that i don't think it added to any more than we know about Katrien. I and others here have said that she is CEO in title only, at best she is a managing director, although i would put it as more an operations manager and that is why a lot of what she does ends up as a "flip flop" and "rolling under the bus".

Having read a lot of this VOTV it seems that Rick is doing a "Waggott" on her (KM), but then she or Roland has put her up as a target.
    Has she been awarded a funny nickname?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

am I right in saying she never worked with/for Katrien?

That's what I thought, but according to the email I was sent from the voice she is giving some sort of insight into dealings with her?
  • I've had plenty of dealings with people who I haven't met to form an opinion of them
  • Kap10 said:

Not really just written an article in Voice on why she dislike Katrien Meire. Nothing particularly illuminating.
    "Dislikes" is a misrepresentation. Nothing about disliking her in that article. More like is unable to take KM seriously as chief executive based on Wendy's experience of her and 20 years' previous experience of working at the club.
    Who wrote this article, you or her ?

• edited February 2015

• PL54 said:

Kap10 said:

You could always ask her on Wednesday night.
  • Kap10 said:

Has she been awarded a funny nickname?
    Did Waggott have one? Not from me that I recall.

I've been reluctant to focus criticism on Meire which is why I didn't report her idea of attracting support in South West London instead of Kent earlier and since I accept she is well intentioned and works hard, which Waggott didn't. I haven't joined the chorus on here calling her a liar either.

What is similar to Waggott, however, is her avoidance of engaging in detailed discussion with anyone who understands the club. He knew his bullshit wouldn't stand up to critical examination. I think she avoids the discussion because her job is to implement Roland's instructions regardless of whether they are sensible.

Requiring questions to be submitted in advance for the VIP meeting is a good example. Why wouldn't a chief executive be able to answer any reasonable question put on the night? The audience wouldn't expect her to answer unreasonable ones.

• If you know, why not just answer the question?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair enough but I'm sure no insult was meant.

• Requiring questions to be submitted in advance for the VIP meeting is a good example. Why wouldn't a chief executive be able to answer any reasonable question put on the night? The audience wouldn't expect her to answer unreasonable ones.

Is that 'I will only respond to questions submitted in advance' or 'please submit questions in advance'? Big difference.

I'm not saying you are wrong but if it were me in that position I would want to know at least the generality of the questions so that I could prepare and have the info/answers at hand - rather than having to offer 'I don't know the answer to that but will get back to you'. Nobody knows everything!

Also, what is reasonable or unreasonable is a subjective call.

As I said, I'm not saying your inference is wrong, just that there are other interpretations.
  • PL54 said:

Kap10 said:

As someone who knows Wendy Perfect well, I can assure you she wrote the article.
  • WayneK said:

If you know, why not just answer the question?

Wendy approached me before Christmas because she wanted to set out how her frustration with the club's inability to do simple things under KM had led to her quitting her job. I understand she also told Meire to her face what she thought of the situation at the VG committee.

It wasn't my idea and I didn't write it. But I think if PL54 wants to insult Wendy with the suggestion it isn't her article then he should have the balls to do it to her face.
    Calm down precious - my question was based around your response to someone's interpretation of the article. Which they are allowed I assume.

You seem very clear on what the article aims to say and what Wendy herself thinks and therefore wanted to get across (perhaps even a little protective /defensive)
  • Point of order. VIPs have been able to submit questions in writing before so nothing new.

If it is JUST pre-submitted questions then that would be different but we'll have to wait and see on that.

Elsewhere some people's trolling reaching new depths.
  • Point of order. VIPs have been able to submit questions in writing before so nothing new.

If it is JUST pre-submitted questions then that would be different but we'll have to wait and see on that.

Elsewhere some people's trolling reaching new depths.

also, isn't the museum open before the meeting.................?

:wink: