Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BIG loan signing @ 5:30....(Abdul Razak, Man City)

Comments

• Options
    I suspect the idea is he and Stephens will sit deeper, breaking up play and spraying the ball about allowing Kerkar and Green to push forwards.
  • Options
    Is he in for the three months it says on the OS or the rest of the season that Razak tweeted?
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Is he in for the three months it says on the OS or the rest of the season that Razak tweeted?

I'd imagine if he plays and does well he'll be here for the season. He won't play for City unless they need him to cover Toure for the ACN but they'll just go out and buy someone else
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Well, I never suggested/recommended him and I know everyhing there is to know about football, so on that basis "I'm out".
    ;o)

who do you think you are? ;-)
  • Options
    Kid's meant to be mustard
  • Options
    Welcome, Abdul.
  • Options

Lincs said..''sorry thought he was a striker.. BU the same applies, he has little league experience, what on earth makes the management think he is the answer to our MIDFIELD (lol) shortage .. we need experienced cover there''

I cant believe Chris didn't ask you first before pulling this kind of ridiculous stunt.
    What was he thinking??
    Great news IMO, and another question mark over the imminent demise of Charlton Athletic.

You know what .. I'll add you to the list of sarcastic twats who think they are funny .. go and play with your rubber duck
    mate to be fair you slagged off the management and a prospective player who you blatantly have very little knowledge of. So you're being a bit harsh really.
    not really .. he's less than 10 league games and IN MY OPINION the management should be looking for someone more experienced and not to provide a young man with a football education, unless Man City are paying CAFC for his schooling
    Thankg goodness your opinion means sweet fa............

• Options
    Guarantee this guy will be good
  • Options
    Brighton fans on Razzak. The comment: 'best box-to-box midfielder ever to wear the shirt' is very encouraging. He's better than Johnny Robinson?!
    http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?232384-Would-Razak-Sign
  • Options
    Those are some comments from the seagulls
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds great to me... Sober fuller up and we could start looking upwards..
  • Options
    Hahaha
  • Options

Blimey, we have just signed one of the most promising youngsters from the prem champions. What's not to like?

Ex palarse
  • Options
    If you read those comments then the boy could be just what we are missing

However if he has not learned from mistakes of the past could be sent home before we see it

Cant wait personally to see him
  • Options
    Looks like long term replacement for Stephens if you ask me.
  • Options

Long term? No chance we'll sign him permanently.
  • Options

If you read the city fans view - more like replacement long term for yaya toure! So no chance he would replace stephens permanantly.
  • Options
    Thought Rodwell was meant to be the long term YaYa?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    To be anywhere near the man city set up tells me he will do very well,great signing
  • Options

Obviously only one match and tells us nothing about his character but he looks a cut above what we have based on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vQhB0uFJW8

Looks a very tidy player on that showing.Just what our midfield's been crying out for.
    Reminds me of Alex Song.And think how good he would have been in the champ!

little bit excited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kids got a big future if he does things right. It will be short term for us and if we are lucky perhaps next season as well. At 20 I can't see him getting games in the Prem on loan so we might see him for 18 months but as I said if we are lucky. Abdul. Welcome to Charlton.
  • Options
    On paper this good - the comments from the Brighton fans suggest he's going to be a star in a year or two, perhaps an Alex Song type, enjoy him while you can.
  • Options
    Warnock tells the Palace story.

I would like to tell you a story from my previous club, Crystal Palace.
    We had a young lad there who had come over from Ghana to play in a junior tournament and clearly wanted to stay in Britain. He told us he was 15 years old, though he was very reluctant to tell us anything about who he was or where he had come from. He had no passport. What he did have was bags of ability. In fact, I've never seen such a talented 15-year-old.

Palace helped him in a way that I've never seen any club support a young player. They spent a year coaching him and giving him all the support he needed. They made sure he was living in a safe environment and had money in his pocket. When Palace played Manchester City I went out of my way to introduce him to Emmanuel Adebayor.

However, without a passport he had problems staying here. The club worked tirelessly to help him. I went to four meetings with the immigration people in Croydon to speak on his behalf.
    Then one day, without even telling us, he vanished. We couldn't get hold of him at his home and never saw or heard from him again. His name was Abdul Razak.
    I read the other day about an 18-year-old African player who made his debut for Manchester City earlier this month. The article said that he had come from Ivory Coast but was facing deportation because he had been given only temporary leave to live here. His name? Abdul Razak.
    You can imagine how the steam came out of my ears when I read this, after all the time and help we had given him.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

We had a young lad there who had come over from Ghana to play in a junior tournament and clearly wanted to stay in Britain. He told us he was 15 years old, though he was very reluctant to tell us anything about who he was or where he had come from. He had no passport. What he did have was bags of ability. In fact, I've never seen such a talented 15-year-old.

Palace helped him in a way that I've never seen any club support a young player. They spent a year coaching him and giving him all the support he needed. They made sure he was living in a safe environment and had money in his pocket. When Palace played Manchester City I went out of my way to introduce him to Emmanuel Adebayor.

However, without a passport he had problems staying here. The club worked tirelessly to help him. I went to four meetings with the immigration people in Croydon to speak on his behalf.
    Then one day, without even telling us, he vanished. We couldn't get hold of him at his home and never saw or heard from him again. His name was Abdul Razak.
    I read the other day about an 18-year-old African player who made his debut for Manchester City earlier this month. The article said that he had come from Ivory Coast but was facing deportation because he had been given only temporary leave to live here. His name? Abdul Razak.
    You can imagine how the steam came out of my ears when I read this, after all the time and help we had given him.

I can understand that but if the lad had not lived up to expectations he would have been dropped like a hot potato. That's football. Perhaps he could have dealt with it better but then again I doubt he had much support or advice other than what Palace provided. Or perhaps he just thought that Warnock and his club were shite.

• Options
    Richard J said:

Sounds perfect to me, screwed Palace over. Never a bad thing.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I like him even more after that story!
  • Options
    Edit title. Only one z.
  • Options
    Hopefully adds a bit more quality to our squad depth and CP can get the talent out of him like he does with everyone else.

Welcome Razak.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Hopefully adds a bit more quality to our squad depth and CP can get the talent out of him like he does with everyone else.

Welcome Razak.

Well said fishy one