Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BIG loan signing @ 5:30....(Abdul Razak, Man City)

Comments

• Options
    Rob said:

Lincs is just fishing for a bite. He likes being controversial IMO

I am always accused of being a WUM .. not so .. if my opinions differ from 'the masses' .. then you are all wrong (:->) .. errr jest
  • Options
    We need a couple of loans good signing.
  • Options

but theres a reason Powell is a football manager and you're not. Experience isnt necessarily the answer. I can see you're point, but you worded it terribly. "What on earth"... You gave the impression you knew more than Powell. I am not saying Razak is the answer, but lets give the lad a chance please.

fair enough .. if he pulls on a red shirt for the first team he'll have my support just as much as yours
  • Options
    If we would have signed some one with more experience you'd claim they were turning up to "pick up the wages" or "they're old and their clubs dont want them, must be something wrong with them". Some people just are never happy with anything
  • Options

If we would have signed some one with more experience you'd claim they were turning up to "pick up the wages" or "they're old and their clubs dont want them, must be something wrong with them". Some people just are never happy with anything

quote where I have ever stated that !! .. don't put YOUR words in my mouth
  • Options
    If he isn't costing, if he isn't sour as a character, and if he isn't someone elses (i.e. not CP's) signing...then the video suggests he is a neat and tidy player at the very least, and good cover/addition to our overall squad.
  • Options
    I despair,why don't you give the bloke a chance.Everytime we bring someone in there is this criticism.Chris Powell and his scouts are good judges,we are not minted and a young enthusiastic,strong midfield player will increase the energy in the side.
  • Options

stop getting your knickers in a twist love
  • Options
    Think I saw him coming into the Directors' Box during the second half with 2 guys who looked like an agent and A N Other.

Looked mean & keen to me ....

Welcome !
  • Options
    Blimey, we have just signed one of the most promising youngsters from the prem champions. What's not to like?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I guess city are paying wages

Free player. Why not?

All good, really

I think this a key point actually - his youth probably means City will pay his wages as an investment in his development. Experienced loanees are usually surplus to requirements at their parent club and we'd be expected to pick up all, or at least some, of their wages.

If the comparisons to Alex Song are accurate then that sounds very encouraging. You can certainly see similarities in the youtube clip. I just hope he's not a complete prick who pisses off the rest of the team because I believe it's the team ethic we have in this squad that will ultimately see us safely through this season.

CP is a master of people skills though so if he can't keep him sweet and integrate him into the squad no-one will.
  • Options

stop getting your knickers in a twist love
    me !! .. you started it .. you soppy tart
  • Options
    does anyone have an idea how bad JJ's injury is ?
  • Options
    Has he actually signed?
  • Options
    No he just read this thread and changed his mind around 15 mins ago ;0)
  • Options
    Haha, just not found a link saying he has. Not that the official site is the quickest...
  • Options
    His wiki profile given his previous club should we call him Nigel Razak

Abdul Razak (born 11 November 1992) is an Ivorian footballer who currently plays for Manchester City and the Côte d'Ivoire national team. He was born in Abidjan.

After leaving Crystal Palace's youth set-up in 2008, Razak joined the Manchester City Elite Development Squad in July 2010.[1] owever, he was not chosen to play his first game for the EDS until early February 2011 when he was one of the starting eleven in the EDS team that beat the Bury reserve team 2–0 at Ewen Fields in the Manchester Senior Cup.[2] Only two days after finally making his debut for the Manchester City reserve team Razak was then given a surprise debut for the first team, coming on as a substitute for David Silva in the final minutes of the Premier League game against West Bromwich Albion on 5 February 2011.[3] His unexpected first team debut makes Razak the ninth youth player to graduate from Manchester City's academy under manager Roberto Mancini in just over a year of the latter's management at the club. The day after his debut for the Manchester City first team Razak was added to the first team squad. In his second game for the EDS team three days later the young Ivorian was shown a straight red card for a rash challenge in the 51st minute of the Premier Reserve League North game against Bolton Wanderers.[4]
    In his second game for the Manchester City first team against Wigan Athletic on 10 September 2011 Razak substituted Yaya Touré in the 80th minute of the match.[5] He made his first full appearance for the first team on 21 September 2011 in the third round of the Football League Cup against Birmingham City, playing for 86 minutes before being substituted by Luca Scapuzzi.[6] His second full appearance for the first team was on 26 October 2011 in the fourth round of this competition against Wolverhampton Wanderers which Manchester City won 5–2 at Molineux. Razak played in this game for 85 minutes before being substituted by James Milner.[7]
    [edit]Portsmouth (loan)
    On 28 October 2011, Razak was loaned to Portsmouth on a one-month deal.[8] He made his debut for Portsmouth against Derby County the next day, coming on as a 62nd minute substitute in a game Portsmouth lost 3–1.[9] After one month with Pompey and three appearances, Razak returned to Manchester City[10] and played as a late substitute in their 0–1 League Cup quarter-final victory against Arsenal at the Emirates on 29 November 2011, replacing Owen Hargreaves in the 79th minute.[11]
    [edit]Brighton (loan)
    On 17 February 2012, Razak, along with fellow Man City youngster Gai Assulin joined Football League Championship side Brighton & Hove Albion on a three-month loan deal.[12] Razak made his debut on 22 February 2012 against Hull City, he was substituted for Assulin on the 77th minute. In the next match, Razak impressed again in a 3–0 win over Ipswich Town – securing man of the match on his Amex debut. Seagulls midfielder Gary Dicker recovered from injury quicker than expected and it was felt that opportunities for Abdul would be extremely limited so Razak rejoined Manchester City
  • Options
    Thanks for that, Richard J
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ah, the old "we need experience" argument. Just like when some insisted after Parky was sacked we needed an experienced manager.

We need good players with the right attitude that can fit into our team. Doesn't matter if they are loans, frees, old, young, English, foreign, ex Palace or only 5 ft 3.

Powell's got most signings right so far, I'll trust him on this. Pleased we've signed a CM, one of the weakest areas in the team.
  • Options

How tall is this Razak character anyway?

Don't want any more midgets unless they are directly related to Chris Solly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lincs said..''sorry thought he was a striker.. BU the same applies, he has little league experience, what on earth makes the management think he is the answer to our MIDFIELD (lol) shortage .. we need experienced cover there''

I cant believe Chris didn't ask you first before pulling this kind of ridiculous stunt.
    What was he thinking??
    Great news IMO, and another question mark over the imminent demise of Charlton Athletic.

You know what .. I'll add you to the list of sarcastic twats who think they are funny .. go and play with your rubber duck
    mate to be fair you slagged off the management and a prospective player who you blatantly have very little knowledge of. So you're being a bit harsh really.
    not really .. he's less than 10 league games and IN MY OPINION the management should be looking for someone more experienced and not to provide a young man with a football education, unless Man City are paying CAFC for his schooling
    Oh look what happens on here when a team just up from league one signs a good prospect from the best team in English football! I can't believe this, who were you expecting? Paul Scholes? Crazy comments!
  • Options
    Abdul Razak ‏@Razak
    Just to confirm I've joined #CAFC on loan till the end of the season thanks. Great results today both #MCFC & #CAFC pic.twitter.com/uHMKyk7X
  • Options
    If he is a creative midfielder then I'm all for it, if he's as good as Song was for us even better.
  • Options

Abdul Razak ‏@Razak
    Just to confirm I've joined #CAFC on loan till the end of the season thanks. Great results today both #MCFC & #CAFC pic.twitter.com/uHMKyk7X

welcome and now get stuck in !!
  • Options
    In Powell We Trust. The player clearly has potential but just as clearly there are a few rough edges that need smoothing. Can't think of many better Managers than CP to do so to be honest. An Alex Song style player would be very good right now, if he has pace (which our midfield does lack) even better!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I despair,why don't you give the bloke a chance.Everytime we bring someone in there is this criticism.Chris Powell and his scouts are good judges,we are not minted and a young enthusiastic,strong midfield player will increase the energy in the side.

I would add that CP knows Poyet and would have had a chat with the player about his time at Brighton
  • Options

5ft 4" according to Wiki and his middle name is not Solly.
  • Options
    !00% faith in Powell's decision making. He is still tinkering with this squad in a bloody tough league. If he wants to play him, i'll cheer him. Going Blackpool so if he's fit hope to see him.
  • Options

5ft 4" according to Wiki and his middle name is not Solly.

that's when he was a saucepanlid @ Man Citeee .. he's 5' 10" now