Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie Wilson

Comments

• Options

He was alright last night, decent league one player having to face Bolasie/Zaha switching over, not exactly a smooth start

it's not going to get much easier for him...
  • Options
    He putting in some decent crosses. Speaking of which Danny Green has to start, we can't keep playing Prichard there.
  • Options
    Can't agree! Thought he was truly terrible at the back. Fair play going forward he was ok, but defensively inept, and that is not good enough at this level. Can't actually believe how many people rated him so highly.
  • Options
    Wilson is not Solly SHOCK!
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Huskaris said:

He was embarrassing in defence yesterday but decent going forward. I must say though if he was Next to me when he took that shot with the last kick of the game I would have given him a slap.

I assume you would also want to give a slap to Stephens who had a shot when BWP was open in front of goal?

You are correct.
  • Options
    Give the bloke a chance!

He has pace, something we lack in the side, and a good engine. He is capable of being a reasonable player at this level.

As for the shot at the end the ref had just blatantly looked at his watch, during added on time, in front of him.

In my view good on him for having the bottle to try and make something happen. Think back to the Bury game when Stephens hit that rocket which gave us an equaliser with virtually the last kick. On another night that would have gone into Covered End Upper.
  • Options
    Wilson had a decent game last night, for a beginner. He needs to get rid of the alice band. In the heat of battle there is no time to be worrying about the state of your barnet.
  • Options
    Wilson looked a little nervous early on but grew as the game went on.
    I think he will be absolutely fine in this league.
  • Options
    From watching on TV I thought the bloke had a pretty decent game. Some of the negative comments on here are just ludicrous!
  • Options
    I want to give him a chance, nevertheless i shat myself when he was anywhere near the action last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:

iaitch said:

Huskaris said:

He was embarrassing in defence yesterday but decent going forward. I must say though if he was Next to me when he took that shot with the last kick of the game I would have given him a slap.

I assume you would also want to give a slap to Stephens who had a shot when BWP was open in front of goal?

You are correct.
    The difference is, Stephens has a) got a terrific shot on him and it's been proven, and b) didn't do it in the last minute
  • Options
    And c) bwp wasn't exactly open. He had a defender running with him which opened the gap for Stephens to shoot
  • Options
    madadd said:

Wiggins likely to be out for a few games now

I think Wiggins is a bottler...that time he went off injured he stopped with a pain in his hammer then the pain must of changed places about 3 times before he settled on the foot...watched it on sky as im overseas but to me just looked like he new he was going to be raped all night long by zaha, so got out of it early!!!

• Options

madadd said:

I think Wiggins is a bottler...that time he went off injured he stopped with a pain in his hammer then the pain must of changed places about 3 times before he settled on the foot...watched it on sky as im overseas but to me just looked like he new he was going to be raped all night long by zaha, so got out of it early!!!

The incident sky were showing was not the point he was injured at, and he was already limping when he made the tackle in the end, besides Zaha stood on one foot and it was the other foot that he hurt...
  • Options

madadd said:

Good one - for a minute I thought you were being serious.

• Options
    Wilson played decent last night. Give the guy a chance.
  • Options

Couldn't agree more. The criticism is absolutely pathetic and unjustified.
  • Options

Or just a different opinion

• Options
    Don't really see why he's getting a panning for last night, I thought he did pretty well after he came on. Defended okay against 2 tricky wingers and got forward with a couple of good crosses. He wasn't made a mug of in the same way Wiggins was, Zaha was having a field day against Rhoys... tbh we were lucky he had to go off cos Solly dealt with him better.

Seems a good chunk of fans have already made their mind up about Wilson, which is a shame. We can probably expect to see him hounded out of the club in the next 12 months.

I've got a bit of time for the idea in the OP. I'd like to see Green given a chance first as we need to get a bit of flair into the midfield, but Wilson in right midfield would potentially offer more natural width without sacrificing the energy and work rate Pritchard offers.

To make that work though we need some proper creativity in central midfield or on the left... Stephens playing 2 good through balls and 10 under hit sideways passes a game does not count as genuine creativity.

Big ask to find that spark of creativity on loan though... even if the money for such a player was available.
  • Options
    Hopefully he'll improve. He's a Charlton player and we all want to see him do well; but last night he was awful. Frustratingly dreadful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Or just a different opinion

Point taken. Still unjustified though. ( in my opinion)
  • Options
    I thought he did okay too- amazed that people want to write him off after playing less than 90 minutes in total for us. He's going to be decent for us, getting on his back at this stage is ridiculous.
  • Options
    his decision making was poor, but i'd put that down to being inexperienced and thrown in to the deep end last night. Thought he coped well in all other aspects, no where near as bad as some people are saying
  • Options
    Let's give the guy a break, everytime he looked up there was no outlet, Pritchard never went wide and had a poor game in front of him...
  • Options
    if anyone deserved the nonsensical abuse that a few on here dished out to Wilson, it was Pritchard - thought he was rubbish - offered nothing going forward & was swatted away like a pesky fly by the Palarse midfield every time - way out of his depth based on what I have seen of him so far - BUT - I really hope he improves & gets up to speed.....
  • Options
    Oakster said:

if anyone deserved the nonsensical abuse that a few on here dished out to Wilson, it was Pritchard - thought he was rubbish - offered nothing going forward & was swatted away like a pesky fly by the Palarse midfield every time - way out of his depth based on what I have seen of him so far - BUT - I really hope he improves & gets up to speed.....

It's hard to disagree. To be fair to him, he's playing at a very high standard compared to where he was just over a season ago but yeah, he struggled last night.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Pritchard and Jackson were much worse than Wilson.
  • Options

Oakster said:

Agree tbh.

• Options

Oakster said:

Agree tbh.

I agree with this as well, Wiggins got off to a shakey start in his career with us and look at him now.
  • Options
    Pritch got badly outmuscled at times last night. I was very impressed with him last season though and by all accounts he was very good vs brum and leicester. It's asking a lot for him to dominate games given his experience at this level.

I seriously think we need to consider going 4-5-1 for at least a few games to try and bef up the midfield a bit. It'd probably mean dropping Yann and BWP for Fuller but I think we have the midfielders and wingers to potentially make it work.