Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    lol in some ways id rather not know. theres f**k all we can do about it at the moment.

i just worry myself over what happens on the pitch and in the dugout and so far theres been nothing to concern.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    razil said:

I don't think anyone can now argue there are not serious issues in the Club hierarchy, with two key staff leaving due to the way the owners are now running the club.

I worry for the future of the club and particularly for the Valley.

I was called a nutter for questioning the future of The Valley after the Lansdowne Mews sale.

So be careful!
  • Options
    Everything points to the cash/Cash having left the building...which begs the question: how long does it take to 'bring in new investment' so that we can pay the bills?

It sounds like we are a club living on the tick at the moment. That can only go on for so long.
  • Options

lol in some ways id rather not know. theres f**k all we can do about it at the moment.

i just worry myself over what happens on the pitch and in the dugout and so far theres been nothing to concern.

this - I'm off back to the crumpet thread!

• Options
    where's Prague Addick or Mick Collins

they may have a better insight but don't wanna have their heads bitten off

• Options
    seth plum said:

If you think my OP is a rumour, try phoning the club and ask to be put through to SK.

Are you seriously suggesting the proof to this rumour is not being put straight through to the chief exec of a company?
    Please tell me you based this entire panic-inducing thread on more 'evidence' than this?
  • Options
    edited July 2012

VG i think WSS is intimating what he may have heard from within but you know how it is if you say anything on here against how wonderful a club and shining example to all we are, the freak show get all uppity

oohahh...that really is over simplification mate.......I don't think there's a ground swell of posters on here who think the games up.
    We've seen worse times over many many years.....this is a wonderful club and some folk are half glass full by nature....I tend to be more that way myself....the eternal optimist.
    If we are all 'freak shows' then is that worse or simply as bad as being a 'bloody idiot'......LOL!

• Options

Everything points to the cash/Cash having left the building...which begs the question: how long does it take to 'bring in new investment' so that we can pay the bills?

It sounds like we are a club living on the tick at the moment. That can only go on for so long.

Equally who is out there sourcing potential investment if todays rumour is true?
  • Options
    This isn't as fun as the crumpet thread.
  • Options

Equally who is out there sourcing potential investment if todays rumour is true?
    Ermm....Peter Varney?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    soundas unless bobcafc7 is on a wind up it's not pretty reading
    bobcafc7 said:

I heard this on Sunday off a very reliable person , they also said Powell nearly left the training camp on thursday because he can't get he's own way or the targets he wanted . He also said Charlton owe thousands out, over 50k and havnt paid this bill for months .
    But he also said were actively lookIng for investment

• Options
    I'm with others. Crumpet thread is at least entertaining.
  • Options

Be interested to see if Prothero takes up his post next Wednesday.

Oh for gods sake, Wednesday this, Wednesday that. You lot are bloody obsessed!
  • Options

Ermm....Peter Varney?

No wonder he left early then.......
    and to me makes the point that the man brought in to get investment , has left at the point of the club needing new/further investment.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

razil said:

I don't think anyone can now argue there are not serious issues in the Club hierarchy, with two key staff leaving due to the way the owners are now running the club.

I was called a nutter for questioning the future of The Valley after the Lansdowne Mews sale.

So be careful!
    As I've said before, the current owners had nothing to do with the sale of Lansdowne Mews. It's unfair to blame them for it.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

soundas unless bobcafc7 is on a wind up it's not pretty reading

bobcafc7 said:

I heard this on Sunday off a very reliable person , they also said Powell nearly left the training camp on thursday because he can't get he's own way or the targets he wanted . He also said Charlton owe thousands out, over 50k and havnt paid this bill for months .
    But he also said were actively lookIng for investment

oohaah.........once again it's unsubstanciated....I honestly don't know what to believe anymore, it's just one thing after another.

• Options
    Really don't understand this club at the moment. Loyal long time cheif executives leaving, rumours about no money then we go and sign a back up right back for £400k and a new head of umbro is joining the board.
    My guess is Prothero is joining to look for new investment
  • Options
    The Umbro Valley
  • Options
    It was said during the discussions after Peter Varney's departure two or three weeks ago that one particular "figure" who has power within the club is a problem in the eyes of others, or one other, who have/has power within the club. It was suggested at the time that if this situation could be resolved, most likely with one person relinquishing power altogether, then there would be "help" forthcoming.

My impression is that there are forces out there (yes, I know, mysterious, perhaps we should call them "mysterons 2") who would be prepared to step in, sustain the club and help us move forward to a future that on paper looks rosy.

Current events have created turmoil, uncertainty, panic and a huge degree of sourness. Of course, a degree of openness (which you don't get in the British Virgin Islands!) may well help to resolve everything.

I sincerely hope that we are not being controlled by forces that would rather crash and burn than lose face. If we are, then possibly I've wasted my money on two season tickets for next season.
  • Options
    Maybe the reason we signed a right back for 400k is because we are just about to sell one for 5 million?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012

LenGlover said:

razil said:

So be careful!
    As I've said before, the current owners had nothing to do with the sale of Lansdowne Mews. It's unfair to blame them for it.
    Nowhere have I blamed the current owners for the sale of Lansdowne Mews.

I have expressed concern as to the future of Charlton Athletic at The Valley as a consequence of that sale which is not the same thing.

As a politician Airman I'm surprised you didn't know that :-)
  • Options
    DRF said:

seth plum said:

If you think my OP is a rumour, try phoning the club and ask to be put through to SK.

Are you seriously suggesting the proof to this rumour is not being put straight through to the chief exec of a company?
    Please tell me you based this entire panic-inducing thread on more 'evidence' than this?
    In many ways I am a complete dickhead, but I assure you this is not based on failing to get through to Charlton Athletic's Chief Executive Steve Kavanagh on the telephone this morning.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I understand that Charlton's Chief Executive Steve Kavanagh has resigned/walked out of the club this very morning because of actions of the owners. Does anybody know any more? Fanny, you know Steve from the fans forum, do you know anything?

Nothing at all, Seth, honest.

Steve has always been very co-operative/helpful whenever I have contacted him regarding FF or NWKA "stuff" and IMHO the Club has lost a very good bloke if this is true. Hopefully, it's not.

• Options

LenGlover said:

razil said:

So be careful!
    It's interesting, and probably telling, that of all the posts in this thread, this is the only one AB has responded to.

• Options
    Buying Lawrie Wilson for £400k on the proviso of selling Solly for £x doesn't add up-he could break his leg tomorrow, the deal would be off and we'd be even more skint than we apparently already are.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Buying Lawrie Wilson for £400k on the proviso of selling Solly for £x doesn't add up-he could break his leg tomorrow, the deal would be off and we'd be even more skint than we apparently already are.

Do you know if we have paid the 400k to Stevanage yet??
  • Options
    Transfer deals are very rarely paid all up-front. Whilst we may have signed Wilson for 400k that is not so say that we have paid that figure yet.
  • Options
    Gulp
  • Options
    Watch and see is what the common concensous was when people were trying to say the place is in a mess behind the scenes

So that's what I am doing now see no evil hear no evil speak no evil

• Options
    Still nothing on the club site..... I have commented before that in todays social media, the club need to communicate with fans... quickly
    I was not expecting a detailed explanation, but a confirmation of the fact that he is leaving/left/ going to leave.
    otherwise you are then in the position of denial, or saying nothing.
    I am not expecting the club to go into denial about every rumour but this guy is a key person at Charlton.