Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
I understand that Charlton's Chief Executive Steve Kavanagh has resigned/walked out of the club this very morning because of actions of the owners. Does anybody know any more? Fanny, you know Steve from the fans forum, do you know anything?

Comments

• Blimey, that can't be good news.
  • I heard that this may happen a couple of weeks ago but didn't want to say anything. Here we go again...
  • And they're off...
  • Clucking bell !
  • edited July 2012
    First Varney now this....perhaps we are getting Bob Diamond in I hear he's looking for a job.
  • Where's Muzza in all this ?
  • Is this the new owners clearing out the old guard if so RM next?
  • Bangs head repeatedly on desk!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bangs head repeatedly on desk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better than burying in the sand my friend.

• Don't worry folks everything is fine and anyone who suggests otherwise is a liar a heathen and not a proper Charlton fan

• Sponsored links:

• This really isn't good news...
  • edited July 2012
    Supposed to be a statement from Slater in the SLP tomorrow - per the ever reliable Twitter.
  • I blame Ketman !!!!!!
  • Let's wait until its confirmed before speculating
  • Soundas what do you want people to do? Just ignore it?
  • edited July 2012
    I don't trust a single thing to do with this club at the moment.

Don't care what anyone else thinks, to me the club feels a right royal mess behind the scenes at the moment, and I don't like it one bit.
  • Extremely worrying if confirmed.
  • Is this the new owners clearing out the old guard if so RM next?

I understand that Charlton's Chief Executive Steve Kavanagh has resigned/walked out of the club this very morning** because of actions of the owners**

• no no no i'm going to bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is great

smoke and fire you clowns
  • Nothing on the Charlton site.....
    Hopefully we will get a reason/s why this has happened.
  • Sponsored links:

• expect to hear nothing
  • expect to hear nothing

Yep, it's like we are owned by North Korea.

• edited July 2012
    Good lord WSS...do you honestly believe I've got my head buried in the sand....I just don't want things to get worse at a pace that is unsustainable....anyone with any sense knows there's some things that are not right....not by a long chalk.
    I just don't like silly unsustainable comments made such as "players are not being paid". Which as I have pointed out has actually been removed
    It may well get to that...who knows but I'm damned if I'm going to stand by and let someone say so on the most ridiculously flimsy evidence.
    So don't put me in the rose coloured specs brigade....but I'm not in the Corporal Jones brigade either........I'm somewhere in between.
  • So are we allowed to worry now? Or will we still be getting shot down by those who know better and refuse to listen to these 'rumours'???
  • My man told me this came very close to reality 2-3 weeks ago. Don't know why SK backed down then, but if this is true then the time to worry is upon us.

Totally agree with AFKA. We are a mess behind the scenes. The SLP story is a classic knee jerk response from Slater.
  • Here we go again..
  • Spot on Gary, CE's leave their jobs every day, firms dont have to provide reasons.
  • I'll be more worried if/when SCP decides he's had enough, until then and as long as he stays in charge and is happy then so am I (if that's burying my head in the sand then so be it)...from what I can see so far (and ignoring all those supposedly 'on the inside' or with mates who know this that and the other - this is in no way a dig at anyone who has posted a rumour they believe to have come from a reliable source), the new owners (whoever they are) Slater etc haven't put a foot wrong in my eyes since taking over.

If/when SCP decides he's had enough.....then I'd be worried
  • if true then it's extremely worrying indeed. Would be nice to get official confirmation of this though. If confirmed then surely everyone must realise that things ARE as bad as a lot here have been trying to tell us.