Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    @SoundAsa£

Said
    So don't put me in the rose coloured specs brigade....but I'm not in the Corporal Jones brigade either........I'm somewhere in between.

Rose Jones ?
  • Options
    If you think my OP is a rumour, try phoning the club and ask to be put through to SK.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well things just go from bad to worse don't they. Something has gone seriously wrong by the sound of it.

Again thanks for sharing, I'd rather be in the know than not.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

If you think my OP is a rumour, try phoning the club and ask to be put through to SK.

I don't, I believe you, just that others won't until it's made official.

(if I ring asking to speak to CP will I be put through?)

• Options
    If SK has walked hopefully he'll come and say the reason(s) why
  • Options

I'll be more worried if/when SCP decides he's had enough, until then and as long as he stays in charge and is happy then so am I (if that's burying my head in the sand then so be it)...from what I can see so far (and ignoring all those supposedly 'on the inside' or with mates who know this that and the other - this is in no way a dig at anyone who has posted a rumour they believe to have come from a reliable source), the new owners (whoever they are) Slater etc haven't put a foot wrong in my eyes since taking over.

If/when SCP decides he's had enough.....then I'd be worried

good post. this is how i feel EA. i dont know enough about board room politics etc but i do know about football.

and at the moment, our football is spot on.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

If SK has walked hopefully he'll come and say the reason(s) why

doubt it, he'll probably have a contract not allowing him to discuss such issues in public

• Options
    Just out of interest,how many of the original Man city or Chelsea board members are still in their positions since the proverbial knights in shining armour came to their rescue?
    Anyone know?
  • Options
    I heard this on Sunday off a very reliable person , they also said Powell nearly left the training camp on thursday because he can't get he's own way or the targets he wanted . He also said Charlton owe thousands out, over 50k and havnt paid this bill for months .
    But he also said were actively lookIng for investment .
  • Options
    With all due respects guys I think we should be worrying about a lot more key people than Chris Powell. If the money people walk or piss everyone off as they appear to be doing Chris Powell won't have a club that can put a team out to manage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should this be a members only thread?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Whats the rhetoric here then? 'Out to lunch' -resigned
    Permanent answer machine- sacked ?

• Options

@SoundAsa£

Said
    So don't put me in the rose coloured specs brigade....but I'm not in the Corporal Jones brigade either........I'm somewhere in between.

Rose Jones ?

Sharp as a razor as always shooters...sharp as a razor!

• Options

This!!! Please make Members only Seth.
  • Options
    Saying that Chris Powell is all happy and saying all the right things in public means everything is OK is a bit naive. I would not be surprised if he's had some pretty serious words with the board.

Anyone else, I think we'd be looking for a new manager.
  • Options
    Is SK a just a director or does he have any shares in the club?
  • Options
    I'm just going to carry on reading the crumpet thread and pretend I hadn't seen this one.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone can now argue there are not serious issues in the Club hierarchy, with two key staff leaving due to the way the owners are now running the club.

I worry for the future of the club and particularly for the Valley.
  • Options
    man the lifeboats!
  • Options
    Be interested to see if Prothero takes up his post next Wednesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If/when SCP decides he's had enough.....then I'd be worried

The real fear Eltham is that may well be next.

I am terrified we are going to lose the best thing to happen to this club for many a year.

• Options
    Anyone know where Henry is these days? I would have thought if anyone on here had the inside track it would be Ben and he has been very quiet recently.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Saying that Chris Powell is all happy and saying all the right things in public means everything is OK is a bit naive. I would not be surprised if he's had some pretty serious words with the board.

Anyone else, I think we'd be looking for a new manager.

Thats a big statement WSS seeing as we dont know any details
  • Options

Anyone know where Henry is these days? I would have thought if anyone on here had the inside track it would be Ben and he has been very quiet recently.

He often dissapears around this time of the year now that his son has broken up....could well be away on holybobs.

• Options
    Well the good news is that the big broken Charlton badge I
    Has been removed.
  • Options
    Just a personal statement VG, nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options
    MCS said:

This!!! Please make Members only Seth.
    I'm not an Admin I'm afraid; I'm only a passionate Charlton supporter who wants the club to survive and not end up like Portsmouth.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    VG i think WSS is intimating what he may have heard from within but you know how it is if you say anything on here against how wonderful a club and shining example to all we are, the freak show get all uppity

edit .... wrong

but this leans towards WSS's view
    bobcafc7 said:

I heard this on Sunday off a very reliable person , they also said Powell nearly left the training camp on thursday because he can't get he's own way or the targets he wanted . He also said Charlton owe thousands out, over 50k and havnt paid this bill for months .
    But he also said were actively lookIng for investment .

• Options

I may be wrong but I seem to recall him mentioning a holiday, maybe he is away.

No bloody excuse mind you, people at the top normally cut short their holidays and fly home to sort a crisis :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Let's hope he's not checking in on here then and letting it spoil his holiday.