Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst food you've ever had at a football ground

Comments

• Birmingham Cheesy Chips
    Is that a urine sample that they insisted on before buying to make sure you were fit enough to survive the food?
  • Is the food at Norwich any good because of Delia or just the usual rubbish?
  • Yeah. Apparently Rangers’ food was top notch too while Gordon Ramsay was on their books, but then went downhill once he got released.
  • When the grub outlets went cashless, got charged £22.50 for a Bovril, Didn't realise until i checked my bank statement about 10days later. Will never buy anything inside the ground again.
    No….it’s the best I have ever had at a football ground.
    Yes…..it’s because Delia is behind it.
    Their pie’s are top draw, I believe I’m right in saying they are produced by a company she owns…   though don’t quote me on that.
    If you have a full on pre-match meal (which I have on a couple of occasions), the food is also top draw.
    Congratulations Delia. 🍽🥟🍝🍷

• A mate of mine follows Preston, the pies mushy peas and gravy looks absolutely banging. The only good food I've ever had at charlton was the hot beef rolls, in the old millennium lounge 'back in the day'.
  • Cold meat pie. Cold burger. Cold hotdogs over the 
    Years. At the kiosk upper West Stand at the Valley sorry to say.
  • Worst for me this season has to be Sunderland, which was a boiled hotdog in a stale baguette . Best was Lincoln, proper flame grilled burger with all the trimmings, which was the only positive that day! 

That beer looks like a urine sample !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Stupidly tried some sort of curry pie at the valley, turned out to be filled with Lava, my entire mouth and jaw are still growing back to this day. 

• Birmingham Cheesy Chips
    But there are 18 chips tbf. Back of the net! 
  • If this is real I really don't know what the fella is complaining about. Great bit of sosig.

Looks like a donkey dick!
  • If this is real I really don't know what the fella is complaining about. Great bit of sosig.

tasted like one too...

Probably the sort of crap that goes in a sausage but yet they taste so good.
  • so called 'hot dog' at old White Hart Lane a long while back .. stale roll, cold hot dog, totally dry and tasteless, AND expensive .. 
  • Uboat said:
    We're running out of 'worsts' fast, so I thought I'd get this in while I can.
    Oh theres always a chance of a "better" worst when youre talking about Charlton! 
  • A burger at Old Trafford at that cup game that game me food poisoning - then had to struggle back home myself once I felt up to risk travelling because my travelling companion stropped off on his own!
  • Sponsored links:

tasted like one too...
    Which begs the question, how do you know?
    I've obviously never tasted it Dave, I don't even know what ground he got it from...

tasted like one too...
    Which begs the question, how do you know?
    I've obviously never tasted it Dave, I don't even know what ground he got it from...
    Eeyorewood Park?
  • Has anyone seen this, let alone tried it?
    I've had the pies lots of times, they're very good. Never seen an option to have mash and/or gravy with it though
  • I wonder if people buy food at Nuneaton Borough's ground.
  • Never seen anything like that at Charlton in 30+ years of going... must be from hospitality or something??
    Pointless in the cupboard end, everyone off there chops on powder. 

Jokes aside, the food in Crossbars doesn't even look that good. 
  • Worst - Burger which had been reheated in a microwave at Sittingbourne managed 2 mouthfuls before throwing it away. 

Best - Pies at Chesterfield, I think they are supplied by a local butchers. 

I've noticed that there has been a improvement with food/drink at non-league grounds but at same old processed shit in the football league. 
    The pies at Norwich are very good. Different fillings from match to match.
  • I went to the Watford v Charlton Women match at Vicarage Road earlier in the season. If you wanted a burger you had to have chips with it at £8.50.

I told them to remove the chips as I didn't want them. The brioche bun tasted awful. The cardboard tray probably would have tasted better. The burger was just about edible.

The opposite has to be said of the steak and ale pie at Lewes' ground (The Dripping Pan). Full of top quality steak.
  • edited January 2022
    so called 'hot dog' at old White Hart Lane a long while back .. stale roll, cold hot dog, totally dry and tasteless, AND expensive .. 
    Funnily enough the best I had was at WHL. I think it was the game we lost 5 - 1. Had work tickets so in the main stand and the salt beef bagels were top notch.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Is the food at Norwich any good because of Delia or just the usual rubbish?
    The pies at Norwich are very good. Different fillings from match to match.
    They should be called Pukki Pies!