Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst food you've ever had at a football ground

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
We're running out of 'worsts' fast, so I thought I'd get this in while I can. I nominate the chip van outside St Mary's, which gave me a polystyrene tray with about seven chips in it. I'm a placid, peace loving, family man, but I exclaimed 'For f*ck's sake!' before I could stop myself. The bloke running it said,'Give him a few more, Dave' That took me up to about twelve chips.
This probably won't reach the heights of 'worst midfielder'. I accept that.

Comments

• Beef Burger inside Gillingham's ground when we last played them in the league. The meat was undercooked and the bun was 2 pieces of stale bread. I think they charged £3.50 for it as well!
  • The dog burgers on the old east terrace left a lot to be desired.
  • Well......in truth we're as bad as anything I can come up with.....and it's been bad for as long as I can remember.....simply nothing good to say about it from start to finish, truly shameful and embarrassing.
  • Boiled burgers at Grimsby. Proper grim
    shoulda gone for the fish :-)
  • pies and lager in north upper utter garbage saved me a fortune -- wont touch them

• Only ever eat my own sandwiches so the food is sh1t at every ground I've ever visited.
  • The old East terrace was a gastronomic disaster zone... I had a pie there that was still frozen in the middle, and the boiled burgers were a crime against humanity. The mother of one of the people I went to games with in my schooldays used to be on duty for the St Johns Ambulance -she reckoned they saw far more people with food poisoning than injuries from scuffles - and this was in the 70's.

• 7th Jan 1995, Stamford Bridge FA cup.

Small polystyrene cup of chips (maybe 12 or so) £4............. in 1995!!!
    Used to get boiled burgers at the Valley in the good old days....Wrestlers (Yummy, Yum, Yum)
  • Sponsored links:

• Hull City's 'cheese and onion pie', when we beat them 2-1 up there a few seasons ago, more like molten cheese sauce in a pastry case. Scolded chin, hands and neck, and that was waiting 45 mins before biting into it, at least the win and time wasting made up for it.
  • Watford. Shiny pink burgers. Awful.
  • Nearly all food is bad at footy grounds. I find when you hit Yorkshire and lancs the food improves considerably .
    Charlton have never sold good food and the service gets worse every year.
  • I had some weird, mushy sausage made from I don't know what meat at Cienciano in Peru.

Worst in England has been a semi-raw burger at Barnet. Pretty bad memories of Filbert Street too.
  • The burger at Swindon, cold and just generally tasted like rubbery shit
  • adsads
    edited July 2012
    not being into scat, what does rubbery shit taste like exactly?
  • Boiled burger (again) at Notts Co when we drew 2-2 early 90s on a freezing night. Plus everything at the Valley where you miss 15 mins of the 2nd half to then get asked what flavour chips you would like. Give up!
  • East Stand: my son was once served with a cheeseburger that contained no burger. I thought he was quite lucky.
  • Horrific packet pie in our very own east stand about 14 years ago. So dried out I couldn't chew it.
  • not being into scat, what does rubbery shit taste like exactly?
    Like a cold burger I presume
  • Sponsored links:

• On a brighter note, I once had a chicken balti pie in the east stand around the same time which was excellent. Only on sale for one week only though for some reason, was missing when I went back next week. Too nice probably.
  • Best was meat and potato at Wigan btw.
  • Every cheese and onion thing ever sold at a football ground. The only choice ever for a vegetarian too. Always do your own food, spend ten minutes sorting something (like a sandwich) which equates to time in the the queue and aggro anyway, save a fortune on cost, and eat something decent. Clubs have a ready made market for someone with a decent insight into catering and yet they blow it every time, everywhere....is there any OK food at any ground anywhere?
  • On a brighter note, I once had a chicken balti pie in the east stand around the same time which was excellent. Only on sale for one week only though for some reason, was missing when I went back next week. Too nice probably.
    Had a chicken balti pie at Villa once that was really good.
  • Clydebank pies would be hard to beat if you were in a gristly fecal matter in a greasy, soggy pastry crust competition.
  • edited July 2012
    Bolton used to do fantastic meat and potato pies at Burnden Park back In the early 80's .
  • Meat and potato pie at Oldham's Boundary Park was pretty good
  • The "burgers" I bought my boys at Huddersfield last season left a lot to be desired.If my lads leave food behind it must be s****!!!!!!!!
  • A pie at Everton late 1990's not cooked and had bits of lard in it...
  • Sausage roll at Wembley. It was in plastic packaging and was covered in grease. Probably cost an arm and a leg too.