Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst food you've ever had at a football ground

Comments

• The pies have always been a lot better oop North, for a long time the only decent food down here was when we played reserve games at Welling on Tuesday afternoons. They used to serve up home made rolls and sarnies behind the main stand - used to tuck in before the start and nip in the offy next door at half time. Proper nosebag.
  • The burgers at Selhurst were woeful, they were a kind of battleship grey colour and the consistency of cardboard - you could only make them edible by drowning in onions and ketchup.
  • A meat pie at Roker Park...several layers of pastry with a lump of stone cold unidentified greyish matter in the middle.
  • pasty at Exeter last season.

dry, barely any meat in it, tasteless and cold.

ended up putting it down on the terrace as discretely as i could.
  • Only ever eat my own sandwiches so the food is sh1t at every ground I've ever visited.
    Norwich is good.
  • The only place I've been where the food was good was at Schalke 04's old ground.
    Massive bratwurst for about 3 euros.

Yum fecking yum.
    :-)
  • Burgers at Plough Lane. 3 of us bought them, no one finshed them.
  • Had a burger at Stockport in 2000 when Andy Hunt got his hattrick. I swear it had stuff growing on it....

Still ate it though.
  • prawn sandwich at Chelsea
  • Nearly all food is bad at footy grounds. I find when you hit Yorkshire and lancs the food improves considerably .
    Charlton have never sold good food and the service gets worse every year.
    Not always, the potato and cheese pie at Preston last season (their local 'delicacy' was pretty grim, though to be fair it's probably meant to be that way!
  • Sponsored links:

• Exeters was pretty grim out the wooden hut and top marks go to leyton orient top grub even though they dont sell chips ,and was laugh getting every one in queue to ask for them!
  • Only ever eat my own sandwiches so the food is sh1t at every ground I've ever visited.
    Norwich is good.
    How do you know that my sandwiches taste better in Norwich?! ;-)
  • At Wembley in the seventies for an England game.It was a hot dog,the bun was stale the dog was nearly raw and the onions were running with grease and water.
    Plus the fact it cost a fortune.The best food I ever had at a Football ground was at Carrow Road.God bless you Delia.
  • Went to Army United V Thai Port FC recently - bought want looked like a nice chicken kebab. Actually chicken spine I believe. Not good.
  • East Stand: my son was once served with a cheeseburger that contained no burger. I thought he was quite lucky.
    Also happened to me in the North Stand. When I returned it, the lady serving had to have a look inside to make sure I wasn't lying and even then gave me a 'look' as if I was trying it on!!

Cup of tea at West Ham that was like lukewarm grey dish water.

• The Dell had a cup of black coffee, it was pure warm water with 1 grain of coffee still floating in it. Not strictly food I know, but couldn't be bothered to start another worse of thread for drink.
  • In the late 80s the blue hut at the manor ground provided me with a hot dog that was so burnt, I'm sure nowadays it'd be considered an offensive weapon. and also a cup of bovril that is probably still giving off heat.
  • Gillingham last season, Burgers, cold and using the box rather than the buns would have tasted better, woeful if fast food places can serve hot food why cant a football stadium where there know they will sell loads.
    Dartfords food before last season was the worst ever at a ground, soggy pies and sausage rolls in "keep warm" bags ,reheated. yuk. You couldnt eat it, it just flopped in your hand and was slush.
  • The onions I had with a hot dog at the valley were like cardboard - I've been to a couple of games in nothern Italy and the match food was top notch. The do a warm flat bread called piadina which you can have parma ham, cheese or suasage with - lovely. Think with some minor changes it could catch on in this country too - clubs miss a trick as it they'd sell more if food was tasty.
  • Continuing the 'missing burger' theme, my father-in-law once asked for a hot dog at Welling, 'with nothing on it, just onions', He got a roll with just onions in it. I was picking myself off the floor as he explained he actually wanted a sausage aswell.

• Sponsored links:

• Had humble pie at Brighton and Luton many years ago.
    Mind you, am always drinking bovril at Charlton with no Bovril.
    They used to sell 'Charlton Red Wine' in the West stand bars. I still have a bottle which I keep just in case the drains ever need clearing.
  • Not sure about worst but the best was the steak sandwich at Newcastle, the bird behind the counter was value as well.
  • I quite like our sausage rolls.
  • I quite like our sausage rolls.
    my 9 year old broke a tooth on one last year !
  • edited July 2012
    The burgers at Welling United are out of this world. Well, maybe not quite out of this world, but soon to leave it!

Best pie I ever had was at Stockport, the day Johnnie R got the hump with us all.

• Burgers at Northwich were awful.
  • My personal favourite was the meat and potato pie at Barnsley in the mid 80's. If anyone had thrown one at the lino (as happened at Crewe one night) they could easily have been on a murder charge.

Strangest is the San Siro in Milan, outside there are wagons selling all kinds of hot grub, inside there's coffee, cola, and for some reason blokes selling Ritz crackers. Very nice with cheese and butter, but on their own? No wonder Roy Hodgson left.
  • The Burgers at Sellhurst when we shared it were so bad we called them Noadesburgers .
  • The Burgers at Sellhurst when we shared it were so bad we called them Noadesburgers .
    I've heard that they still serve up shit every other week at smelllhurst.
  • Burger at Wycombe away last year was bad.