Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst food you've ever had at a football ground

Comments

• ads said:

Bunny said:

You'll be alright at The Den this season, lads...gentrification hits Zampa Road with the SE16 Deli.

http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10367~2812698,00.html

garlic bread?

Aplenty.

• Worst has to be at burger van on the gates at Bury, last season. So bad even me and dad left them and at £3.50 they weren't too cheap, but they were them horrible cheap burgers that just taste of watery mulch. Never again.

As for good food last season i liked the burgers at Halifax and Huddersfield, good pies at Sheff Utd and nice chips at Hartlepool.
  • Anything at that SE25 dump really.
  • The greatest ever Cheeseburger was at Southampton. Was only £2.70 so it was a massive bargain really.
  • Sheffield Wednesday has to be the worst, like £4 for a Bun and a dry bit of rubber, you dont even get cheese or onions, i was most disappointed.
  • But was it massive?
  • I get my hotdog from those guys outside the entrance to the East Stand, and love the things. Occasionally, I have to get it inside the ground. And, to me, the hotdogs inside The Valley are the most disgusting creations to be described as a food stuff.
  • The chip shop in the Village does a good trade in food on match days, as do all the catering outlets around The Valley, be they vans or not. The outlets outside the ground always seem to be doing better than those inside, perhaps the catering department at the club could ask themselves why, and learn a lesson from that.
  • iaitch said:

Maybe Jamie (the fat tongued tosser) will have a new series 'Jamie on football' where he can give us some new matchday choices.

well, he was on the cocacola add when they said his dad was the eagle at shithurst so maybe it'll be a series about the same old shit they serve up every week down there, and a small piece about the food.....

• Can't contribute to this thread except to say none of them, inside or outside the grounds, do gluten free. Boo.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2012
    Seth....the truth is that all the folk who make decisions about the food (caterers) at The Valley don't have to eat the wretched stuff.
    The catering in the lounges and corporate etc is pretty good....though not fantastic and that's the food that they have. But it's light years away from what's available out on the concourses.
    They have absolutely no interest in, or idea of, the utter shyte served up to the fans out there on the terraces and they should be bloody ashamed of themselves.
    In fact I am going to raise the subject the next time we have a guest at Bromley Addicks who might be involved in the decision making and will continue to do so until we get some reassurance that they will look into it.
    Not only is the food for the most part awful but the standard of clearly 'untrained' staff is lamentable.
    I know we are primarily a football club and our attentions should quite rightly be fixed upon football matters but come on, how hard is it to serve up a bit of simple honest to goodness food; which is served up by staff who at least do it with a smile, efficeintly and with a modicum of interest in what they are doing.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I get my hotdog from those guys outside the entrance to the East Stand, and love the things. Occasionally, I have to get it inside the ground. And, to me, the hotdogs inside The Valley are the most disgusting creations to be described as a food stuff.

The hot dogs/sausages from the kiosk just inside the entrance to the East Stand aren't bad. Shorter queue as well

• Plymouth away years ago they actually had no food at all ....
  • Soundas, you gave me a good heads up about a match deal at Wycombe a couple of seasons ago, a bargain that included a meal, tour, seats, parking, programme and so on...a real bargain. But as a veggie the stuff they gave me was pretty poor. I note with interest the comment regarding gluten above too.
    So I am curious, you say the catering in the lounges and corporate is pretty good, but when I tried emailing the club about the vegetarian options (and we have quite a few veggie fans, as well as about 15% of the population being veggie) the email exchange revealed startling ignorance, a lack of interest, and died a death, which shocked me a little as you would have thought that those making a living in catering would be on top of that side of things.
    Some may say that catering for veggies isn't worth the bother as they are a minority, but I would exercise caution there, because a lot of catering is for groups of people, and very often one member of that group is a veggie, so alienating veggies also risks alienating the larger group of carnivores who are with them too.
  • If they are not interested in food then why not lease out the catering concessions to outside caterers and charge them rent?

If they don't provide decent food it will not sell therefore they will have an interest in selling good stuff.
  • edited July 2012
    cafcdan18 said:

Best was a pie at Blackburn, went there in December 2010 when our game at Rochdale was called off for the first tim

Remember back in '83/84 when we had our troubles the League agreed to the postponement of our game at Blackburn. Rovers promptly said Charlton would have to pay for the pies they had got in for the game!

• But who ate all those pies?
  • Best food: Down at my local Melbourne teams ground (Richmond). Big, juicy kransky sausages with sauerkraut in a fresh hotdog bun. Mmmm. And they've got 1/2 liter DAB beers too. The football standard might be pretty low, but the food is absolute heaven.
  • Tried very hard to get the catering side (on the concourse) to take a different view when I was on the FF. It naturally fell on death ears, as they feel that they know better, the catering fella took it all very personally which was no help at all. The catering in hospitality isnt too shabby, but that's the minority....I tried to get them to consider all the guys and girls and indeed families who go to clubs and pubs before and after the game as missed revenue....suggested having local bands showcasing after games to get folk to stay and spend a few quid more....Also suggested getting some of those 8 or 16 pint pouring systems too.
  • It's the brain dead that serve the food more than the food that annoys me. The bar in the upper north ( behind block m ) feels like a training scheme run for care in the community .
  • Sponsored links:

• It's the brain dead that serve the food more than the food that annoys me. The bar in the upper north ( behind block m ) feels like a training scheme run for care in the community .

Know what you mean Beds....it's pretty awful isn't it!

• You're the CUSTOMER, I don't CARE.
  • I once had a hot dog at PORT vale that nearly killed me
  • CH4RLTON said:

I once had a hot dog at PORT vale that nearly killed me

Ooh Er missis !
  • I agree, lots get their meals before the games and wouldn't if the food was better in the ground. My biggest moan is the onions. Now to me - you slice an onion and fry it - not get dried onions and pour hot boiling water over them. I had my first and last hotdog at the Youth cup tie, I took one bite and had a mouthful of confetti (onions that hadn't soaked up sufficent water) which I spat out and caught my son who was not best pleased. In fact that is an undertstatement - and it wasn't cheap either.

One tip though - If you get thirsty during the game and have to buy a coke from the kiosk - have a coke bottle top in your pocket. That way you can screw a lid on the bottle rather than kick it over accidentily during the match!
  • Never seen anything like that at Charlton in 30+ years of going... must be from hospitality or something??
  • it showed up on the twitter and facebook, west stand only apparently 
  • Microwaved burger at Uxbridge FC. I would have been better off trying to eat the match-ball.