Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst food you've ever had at a football ground

Comments

• Wembley, soggy pie for a ridiculous price
  • In the Tottenham cup game (last one we played up there) I was famished, so because there was no veggie food they sold me (ok I was desperate enough to buy it!) a burger bun...stale and dry, with the manky slice of cheese (as in cheeseburger) in it. They charged the full price as if there was meat as well...never never again.
    Surely there is room for a little hut/enterprise, maybe on the East Stand concourse, for some mini catering outfit who sell stuff people actually want?
    Probably not, as we're probably tied in to some awful catering deal, but I reckon an enterprising person could do 100-150 people on a match day, some decent stuff, and come out with about £200 profit after expenses...I would do it, but i want to see the match.
    My understanding is (from a vegetarian point of view anyway) that the hospitality packages are awful too.
  • A meat and potato pie I got served up at Bolton the day we lost 5-1 (Tom Hovi etc). The filling was like molten lava on one side and frozen solid on the other, obviously the microwave got stuck in one position.
  • Best was a pie at Blackburn, went there in December 2010 when our game at Rochdale was called off for the first time.

Also mention the Beef Baguette at Fulham, overpriced but hit the spot.
  • Like Seth, I've never found a decent veggie option at any ground I've been to. Bit of a pisser to be honest, it wouldn't take much imagination to provide something meat free. Surely even carnivores fancy something other than meat occasionally.
  • Steamed hot dog at Stamford bridge, throw up soon after! Pies at Blackburn are pretty decent
  • The problem is, would the average football fan embrace good food? I think they would, but clubs may think otherwise. The piadinas, from Italy, I mentioned earlier were delicious in the way I would probably go to a match just to have another one. They are a very fast food too. If I run a club, I would look into experiments with this as you have a trial audience and you might hit on something that could make you a lot of money in franchise potential.
  • The problem is, would the average football fan embrace good food? I think they would, but clubs may think otherwise. The piadinas, from Italy, I mentioned earlier were delicious in the way I would probably go to a match just to have another one. They are a very fast food too. If I run a club, I would look into experiments with this as you have a trial audience and you might hit on something that could make you a lot of money in franchise potential.
    I think most fans would enjoy good food but as always it comes down to price and profit, I am guessing clubs make a lot of money on serving up cheap burgers. I doubt any club would want to endanger the profit margin by giving us better food and I also doubt supporters would pay much more for the good food.
  • But good food doesn't always have to cost more. The Piadina is a flat bread with some ham or sausage in it. Would probably cost less to make than a burger.
  • But good food doesn't always have to cost more. The Piadina is a flat bread with some ham or sausage in it. Would probably cost less to make than a burger.
    We should ask the club to look into it, I am more then happy to eat somethig like that instead of the wimpy burgers!
  • Sponsored links:

• You get this at any northern Italian football match and you have to taste it to believe it!
  • It's actually insulting to football fans to assume that we'll put up with any old crap. Why can the club not put on some decent food - as has been said above, it needn't cost a fortune.
  • The bread can be pre prepared and warmed up on a hot plate - not established at all in this country so an opportunity for expansion and could even be sold in packs for fans to take home seeing they can't buy it in Tescos.
  • Norwich before delia - worst undercooked burger with Luke warm tea ever. It was a midweek littlewoods cup match and as we marched up to the away terrace with our 'food and drink' the steward said we were not allowed in with the tea as we might throw it on the Norwich fans!
  • Nearly all food is bad at footy grounds. I find when you hit Yorkshire and lancs the food improves considerably .
    Charlton have never sold good food and the service gets worse every year.

Used to do Jamaican Patties at one time, they were nice.
  • Why is food at football grounds so bad?
  • I presume clubs served boiled/microwaved burgers as their 'kitchens' didn't have the facilities to grill?
    This all reminds me of 'travellers' fare' quick snack burgers, which were similarly grim!
  • Sadly had food poisoning twice after eating inside the Valley. The second one was a mouthful of raw sausage....yuk.
  • Burger at Wycombe away last year was bad.

to be fair, Wycombe's hot dogs came in crusty thick baguette. Tidy.
  • Hot Dog at a pre season friendly at Plymouth several years ago had me crapping my pants for two days. Havn't eaten a hot dog since..
  • Sponsored links:

• scidbox said:

Hot Dog at a pre season friendly at Plymouth several years ago had me crapping my pants for two days. Havn't eaten a hot dog since..

Is that how you got your username?

• Maybe Jamie (the fat tongued tosser) will have a new series 'Jamie on football' where he can give us some new matchday choices.
  • iaitch said:

Maybe Jamie (the fat tongued tosser) will have a new series 'Jamie on football' where he can give us some new matchday choices.

God i hate that man. Please no.

• The last boil in a bucket westler at Loftus Road, thought I'd put it out of it's misery. Trotski's and yodeling for 3 days followed by ring sting for another 3.
  • iaitch said:

Maybe Jamie (the fat tongued tosser) will have a new series 'Jamie on football' where he can give us some new matchday choices.

God i hate that man. Please no.

Know what you mean Beds but maybe not as daft an idea as it sounds.
  • You'll be alright at The Den this season, lads...gentrification hits Zampa Road with the SE16 Deli.

http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10367~2812698,00.html
  • edited July 2012
    I went to see Wigan play Wolves a couple of seasons ago. The steak and onion pie was not only devoid of meat but was scaldingly hot and impossible to eat
  • Bunny said:

You'll be alright at The Den this season, lads...gentrification hits Zampa Road with the SE16 Deli.

not a lot of info there and after clikcking that link i've had to have a bath in dettol.

• Bunny said:

You'll be alright at The Den this season, lads...gentrification hits Zampa Road with the SE16 Deli.

not a lot of info there and after clikcking that link i've had to have a bath in dettol.

Just rest assured you'll have paninis galore to keep you fed whilst you wait to go home.
  • Bunny said:

garlic bread?