Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    @Carter i really enjoyed Power, though it’s one of those that stretches to the max the unlikely scenario. 

Angela Valdes is an absolute weapon though. 
  • Options
    @Carter i really enjoyed Power, though it’s one of those that stretches to the max the unlikely scenario. 

I'm onto season 4 epside 7 now, I'm on board 

Still don't think Ghost has any redeeming features beyond a lot of good luck. Its good fun 

Completely agree about Angela, I have a weakness for Latino women and she is all woman

Few good characters been introduced and are being used now. 50 cent is irredeemable though, Tommy is my favourite along with the Lawyer Procter 
  • Options
    Don't think the haunting of Bly Manor is anywhere near as good as its predecessor. There are a few slightly scary bits so far (I'm up to episode 5) but the whole set up in the first series was so much better and the atmosphere they created, where you constantly thought something terrifying was going to happen and didn't even notice a lot of the extra stuff going on in the background, was superb. This series has nowhere near enough atmosphere and suspense for me and it is so much more predictable.

The first series was spot on for me - going to take a huge swing in the last 5 episodes to get close. I am sure there are twists to come and I am enjoying it: we were just spoiled by how good the first series was.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Still don't think Ghost has any redeeming features beyond a lot of good luck. Its good fun 

Completely agree about Angela, I have a weakness for Latino women and she is all woman

Few good characters been introduced and are being used now. 50 cent is irredeemable though, Tommy is my favourite along with the Lawyer Procter 
    Yeah she’s fit but the way she pronounced Jamie really grated on me. 
  • Options
    I enjoyed Power. A bit far fetched but a good watch. 
  • Options
    The haunting of Bly Manor 
  • Options
    Carter said:

I like Angela, but i'd say Tasha is gorgeous as are most on there tbf. Not my normal type i go for but defo a fan. Angela is a tad too skinny not that im picky just a slight preference :)
  • Options
    Carter said:

I like Angela, but i'd say Tasha is gorgeous as are most on there tbf. Not my normal type i go for but defo a fan. Angela is a tad too skinny not that im picky just a slight preference :)
    Tasha and her mate are both smoking hot and very womanly 
  • Options
    One thing I will say after 6 months of Power, Narcos, Ozark etc....

I am sick of the word ‘product’
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Season 2 of The Alienist out on October 22nd
  • Options
    One thing I will say after 6 months of Power, Narcos, Ozark etc....

I am sick of the word ‘product’
    Don't watch Queen of the South then. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    This any good? Enjoyed The Haunting of Hill House, but the trailer for this one didn't grab me
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    This any good? Enjoyed The Haunting of Hill House, but the trailer for this one didn't grab me
    I started it and it’s not bad but hardly original. Old Manor House, American au pair, 2 weird kids etc. Feel like all these horror things are the same.
  • Options
    Montelbano is back 
  • Options
    Montelbano is back 
    Excellent first episode. Unbelievable scenery in the opening sequence.
  • Options
    Having re-watched some old favourites during lockdown (Mad Men, The Wire), I'm forcing myself to start watching something new this week on Amazon Prime...

Torn between Black Sails and Mr Robot. Heard good things about both but wondered if anyone had seen them and would recommend (or not)? 
  • Options
    Having re-watched some old favourites during lockdown (Mad Men, The Wire), I'm forcing myself to start watching something new this week on Amazon Prime...

Torn between Black Sails and Mr Robot. Heard good things about both but wondered if anyone had seen them and would recommend (or not)? 
    not seen Black Sails .. Mr Robot is good, though I confess to only having watched the first few episodes
  • Options
    Mr Robot started off well....but tailed of badly IMO.
  • Options

First series of Mr Robot is excellent, Second season was good, then kind of lost its way for me.

The Boys is good on Prime too, 2 seasons now. Kind of a dark comedy twist on the Superhero genre
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    I started it and it’s not bad but hardly original. Old Manor House, American au pair, 2 weird kids etc. Feel like all these horror things are the same.
    I said as much on the Netflix thread. I'm on episode 5 and there's not one fright for me yet. And, as I also said, the little girl does the voice of Peppa Pig, so every time she's on screen, I just hear Peppa Pig, which doesn't really make for a creepy atmosphere.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    Have you seen the film The Lodge? It's the only recent horror I've seen that tries to do something different, but still keep it within the realms of plausibility. 
  • Options
    Finished Cobra Kai, really recommend it mainly for people who enjoyed the orginal Karate kids, i enjoyed it alot was a bit gutting when the 2nd series ended. Quite an easy watch too only took a couple weeks to finish.
    Thanks for all the Cobra Kai recommendations - smashed both series in a couple of weeks. 

Really enjoyed it and will go back and re-watch the original film at some point, don’t think I’ve seen any of the sequels, are they worth it?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    se9addick said:
    Finished Cobra Kai, really recommend it mainly for people who enjoyed the orginal Karate kids, i enjoyed it alot was a bit gutting when the 2nd series ended. Quite an easy watch too only took a couple weeks to finish.
    Thanks for all the Cobra Kai recommendations - smashed both series in a couple of weeks. 

Really enjoyed it and will go back and re-watch the original film at some point, don’t think I’ve seen any of the sequels, are they worth it?
    I watched Karate Kid 2 donkeys years ago, wasn't terrible from what I remember. Can't even recall what the 3rd was about although I'm fairly sure I watched it

Edit: Just looked on Rotten Tomatoes and its not rated highly  :D
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    Have you seen the film The Lodge? It's the only recent horror I've seen that tries to do something different, but still keep it within the realms of plausibility. 
    I haven’t but will check it out. I’m not a huge horror fan but could be swayed with a bit of originality.
  • Options
    PWR, Vikings is superb on Amazon Prime. Still 10 episodes left to make, I believe, but plenty to get stuck in to.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    shine166 said:
    I haven’t but will check it out. I’m not a huge horror fan but could be swayed with a bit of originality.
    Not a fan of horror but a Charlton fan?
  • Options
    Being subjected to watch the Graham Norton Show and I have no idea who Sarah Pascoe is but I’d rather go through tortureal castration than ever watch her on tv again. Fuck me, just wow.
    you'll be pleased to hear .. she has her own series starting soon on BBC ((:>) Il  put you down as a NOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    just finished the haunting of Bly Manor. Really enjoyed it, certainly not an out and out horror but thought it was well done

The girl's only been doing Peppa Pig since January so I've not seen any of her episodes
  • Options
    rina said:
    just finished the haunting of Bly Manor. Really enjoyed it, certainly not an out and out horror but thought it was well done

The girl's only been doing Peppa Pig since January so I've not seen any of her episodes
    Finished it last night too, thought it was decent although not particularly scary. Probably could have been a tad shorter, and I think it would have benefited from a slightly different structure. Seen it getting a fair bit of stick online which I thought was unfair.