Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Utopia on Amazon prime is quite a bit nuts. 

The only normal bits are Cusacks hair dye, facelift and eye makeup...
    Binged it in three days. Average. Just made me remember how fucking brilliant the original was, so am now halfway through that again. Mind-blowing, you can see why the conspiracy nutters are all over covid-19. I mean, we're actually living through the third series in real life 😬
    I didn’t even know there was an original....
    For real? There was massive buzz around it at the time. Check it out - it's fantastic TV - one of the best series ever
  • Options
    anybody watching The Third Day? 

there's a 12 hour episode on sky arts now. 
    I’m watching the individual episodes. Weird shit - but I like it. 
  • Options
    Have to say i can be a bit of a sucker for light cosy nostalgic dramas and the reboot of All Creatures Great and Small fits the bill perfectly.

Shame that Tuesday sees the last episode though i'm sure they will make more as it has been bossing the ratings. 

• Options
    Just started Ozark which I’m enjoying three episodes in. Does it maintain the level?
    Really enjoyed series one. Just starting series two. 
  • Options
    Just started Ozark which I’m enjoying three episodes in. Does it maintain the level?
    Really enjoyed series one. Just starting series two. 
    It actually gets even better as the series progress
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:

Binged it in three days. Average. Just made me remember how fucking brilliant the original was, so am now halfway through that again. Mind-blowing, you can see why the conspiracy nutters are all over covid-19. I mean, we're actually living through the third series in real life 😬
    For real? There was massive buzz around it at the time. Check it out - it's fantastic TV - one of the best series ever
    POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT

@Leroy Ambrose is this the synopsis of the first, UK, version: "The Utopia Experiments is a legendary graphic novel shrouded in mystery. When a group of strangers find themselves in possession of an original manuscript, their lives suddenly and brutally implode"?

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT

@Leroy Ambrose is this the synopsis of the first, UK, version: "The Utopia Experiments is a legendary graphic novel shrouded in mystery. When a group of strangers find themselves in possession of an original manuscript, their lives suddenly and brutally implode"?

That's the one 👍🏼
  • Options
    Just binged Hell on Wheels. Quality show. 
  • Options
    Just watching Castle Rock.

Im not a huge Stephen King fan but I appreciate the many nods to his characters etc. JJ Abrhams clearly stamped his own style on it which is both good and bad.

Its decent. 
  • Options
    Netflix docufilm
     American Murder: family next door.

Wow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Binged watched Life on iplayer. Outstanding British drama from the beeb. 
  • Options
    Netflix docufilm

Wow
    Indeed.

I remembered reading about the case, but to see the real-time footage of the investigation was pretty chilling.
  • Options

Im not a huge Stephen King fan but I appreciate the many nods to his characters etc. JJ Abrhams clearly stamped his own style on it which is both good and bad.

Its decent. 
    Watched this on Starz a few month ago.
    Found it very good.
    If you're watching on Starz, try Mr Mercedes next... this was another level 
  • Options
    Netflix docufilm

Wow
    Indeed.

I remembered reading about the case, but to see the real-time footage of the investigation was pretty chilling.
    Yep - watched it last night.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm currently ploughing through power on Netflix

Loads of tits and shagging in it, I dont like the main character one bit. He's so fucking vague about everything then things just fall into place even though his poor decision making constantly trips him up

His wingman Tommy is an excellent character though 

Not a lot to it, its an easy watch but it doesn't really go anywhere and there are so many characters I dont care about it makes it hard to be shocked when they put a scene in to shock the audience 

I'll give it another few episodes but compared to something similar like SoA it is lagging hugely 
  • Options
    Stick with Power mate. 

Tommy is one of my all time favourite characters. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I'm currently ploughing through power on Netflix

Loads of tits and shagging in it, I dont like the main character one bit. He's so fucking vague about everything then things just fall into place even though his poor decision making constantly trips him up

His wingman Tommy is an excellent character though 

Not a lot to it, its an easy watch but it doesn't really go anywhere and there are so many characters I dont care about it makes it hard to be shocked when they put a scene in to shock the audience 

I'll give it another few episodes but compared to something similar like SoA it is lagging hugely 
    Power is brilliant , has literally everything! i wouldn't say i dislike Jamie but agree and prefer Tommy's character.

Just started Power- Ghost 2. or whatever its called only a few episodes in as being released weekly on Amazon, once you have finished the original i recommend jumping in, follows his Son, not really a spin off just an extension. Only shame is its on Amazon Prime (pay extra as star play £2 per month on top), would be easier to watch on netflix 
  • Options
    I will do, I trust your judgement on a few things 

They have just discovered the obviously shady character looking after Ghost is the Serbian cannibal 
  • Options
    Netflix docufilm

Wow
    Indeed.

Just an awful and depressing programme to watch. Why even make it? Usually these things are made as there is a twist or misjustice. This is just awful. 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Netflix docufilm

Wow
    Indeed.

Just an awful and depressing programme to watch. Why even make it? Usually these things are made as there is a twist or misjustice. This is just awful. 
    Feels mean and voyeuristic doesn't it?

As you say it's gone from the likes of Serial and Making a Murderer where it's querying if justice has been done to simply "look how horrific this is!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Its decent. 
    Found it very good.
    I’ve started Mr Mercedes and done 4 episodes today.

I love it.
  • Options

Its decent. 
    Found it very good.
    I’ve started Mr Mercedes and done 4 episodes today.

I love it.
    Best bit of TV I’ve watched this year.
    Enjoyed all 3 seasons 👍
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Netflix docufilm

Wow
    Indeed.

As you say it's gone from the likes of Serial and Making a Murderer where it's querying if justice has been done to simply "look how horrific this is!"

There's a certain satisfaction to be gained from knowing that Chris Watts would have absolutely hated that coming out for everyone to see.
  • Options
    But late to the party with Homecoming but I really enjoyed it. Obviously has a Mr Robot type feel to it, but is basically just a mystery story. Loved the use of soundtracks from other films in series 1 - gave it a really unsettling feel. Also felt the main character was a really really good fit for the role. Suspect we'll see a lot of him in the next few years. Ditto the two female leads in the second series.

Hope there's a season 3
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Netflix docufilm

Wow
    Indeed.

There's a certain satisfaction to be gained from knowing that Chris Watts would have absolutely hated that coming out for everyone to see.
    I guess so.
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Netflix docufilm

Wow
    Indeed.

*Spoiler Alert*

I've watched and read many of these true crime stories. Seriously though,what was going through this fellas head at the time?

I've heard some pretty f****d up scenarios but this one trumps the lot by some distance.
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Netflix docufilm

Wow
    Indeed.

*Spoiler Alert*

I've watched and read many of these true crime stories. Seriously though,what was going through this fellas head at the time?

I've heard some pretty f****d up scenarios but this one trumps the lot by some distance.
    *Spoiler Alert*

The main difference between this and many other family annihilation cases was that he didn’t kill himself after. The bloke is clearly a cold blooded wrongen. Those pleas on the news with him slowly blinking made me shudder. Even his confession to his father seemed completely fake. He has the characteristics of a serial killer. 
  • Options
    Just seen that The Haunting of Bly Manor is out on Netflix. That's my weekend viewing sorted, The Haunting of Hill House was superb
  • Options
    rina said:
    Just seen that The Haunting of Bly Manor is out on Netflix. That's my weekend viewing sorted, The Haunting of Hill House was superb

That does sound good. Thanks for the tip. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on Monday! 9 episodes puts me off though. Wonder if its a bit padded out
  • Options
    rina said:

That does sound good. Thanks for the tip. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on Monday! 9 episodes puts me off though. Wonder if its a bit padded out
    I've only ended up watching one over the weekend but thought it was great, properly spooky. Looking forward to the rest