Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Incredible 4 part documentary on Amazon Prime called ‘The Last Narc’. 

If you ever wanted to see how corrupt governments are, especially The US in the 80’s, watch that. 

Some of the personal accounts on there are amazing.
  • Options
    Late to the party but just started watching The Fall. The opening sequence with Gillian Anderson *ahem* grabbed my attention and good so far after the first 3 episodes
  • Options
    Late to the party but just started watching The Fall. The opening sequence with Gillian Anderson *ahem* grabbed my attention and good so far after the first 3 episodes
    Us too. Just got to the Season 2 finale of this 
  • Options
    Anyone watching  Lovecraft Country on Sky Atlantic ?

Pretty gory at times and mad but it's my kind of series.
    I watched the first couple of episodes and quite liked the show but the deep south accents were hard to follow.
    Wack on the sub titles.
  • Options
    I've been watching Cobra Kai solid, I absolutely love it. It knows what it is, they absolutely haven't fucked up the original Karate kid and its a perfect balance of nostalgia, humour and the spirit of the films 

The two leads are great sports, really good soundtrack too
  • Options
    Anyone watching  Lovecraft Country on Sky Atlantic ?

Pretty gory at times and mad but it's my kind of series.
    I watched the first couple of episodes and quite liked the show but the deep south accents were hard to follow.
    How are they addressing lovecraft’s vehement and vicious racism? Notorious for his passionate white supremacy 
  • Options
    Not new, but currently binging money heist on Netflix, halfway through season 2......no spoilers please 
  • Options
    Just binged the 1st series of The Fall. Gripping stuff.

Gillian Anderson is still hot!
  • Options
    Unfortunately I found the 2nd series a struggle and the 3rd series is woeful.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I found the 2nd series a struggle and the 3rd series is woeful.
    We're on the penultimate episode of 3rd series right now and woeful is an understatement. Entire third series has been a complete waste of time so far. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah,cobra Kai is pretty good. We're all watching it.

Me and my eldest have been watching 'The test' on Amazon which follows the Aussie cricket team from Langer's appointment to last summer's ashes.
    Gives you a really good insight and well worth a watch.
  • Options
    Had to turn Cobra Kai off, the acting was atrocious.
  • Options
    I Hate Suzie on Atlantic. 
    Written by and starring Billie Piper.....about a C list celebrity caught up in a tabloid sex pic phone hack scandal. Really enjoying it. 
    I think Lucy Prebble did most of the writing. Good series though and many lol moments, I did think a whole episode devoted to Billy Piper’s fantasies whilst playing with herself was a bit of a waste.
  • Options
    Had to turn Cobra Kai off, the acting was atrocious.
    I wasnt for one second expecting acting to take place, I wanted nostalgia, cheese, 80s rock and kicks and got it 

I was laughing out loud at a lot of the hamminess of the acting and whether intentionally or not it felt in keeping with the original film 

I couldnt go from the Fall straight into Cibra Kai though I don't think 
  • Options
    Up to season 5 of Last Chance U. Brilliant sports obs doc. I think season 5 is the best of the best so far. So much heart and amazing access. 
  • Options
    I've now watched all of 'The test' and I have to say it is a must watch.

The reaction in the Aussie dressing room at headingly as Stokes was smacking them all over the place and Leach was cleaning his goggles at the other end is something to behold!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Up to season 5 of Last Chance U. Brilliant sports obs doc. I think season 5 is the best of the best so far. So much heart and amazing access. 
    Certainly the best sports documentary series of recent times and a gripping watch. Just finished watching 'Cheer' a series about cheerleading in the US which is equally watchable and made by the same program makers.

Cheerleading and American football are certainly not subjects that I thought I would find so gripping.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    daily repeat on BBC 4 @ 19.30.. 'The Joy of Painting' .. Bob Ross is an unsung genius
      EDIT .. should be 'was' an unsung genius, as alas he died years ago
  • Options
    First season of The Fall was fantastic. Second season started odd well, but went downhill halfway through. Third series was shite. Dornan still watchable though - and Gillian Anderson is still absolutely fucking gorgeous
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    daily repeat on BBC 4 @ 19.30.. 'The Joy of Painting' .. Bob Ross is an unsung genius

My daughter has been watching this program and did these.
    Ross makes it all look so easy .. even so, your daughter has a talent 
  • Options
    Late to the party but just started watching The Fall. The opening sequence with Gillian Anderson *ahem* grabbed my attention and good so far after the first 3 episode

Watched it when first came out. Would happily rewatch.  For those who haven't seen it I'm not giving anything away as we know who the rapist/murderer is from the from the start- but the storyline/acting is so clever as when he's not carrying our his attacks- he is an extremely likeable character.  You would never imagine he could be responsible for such awful crimes.
  • Options
    I'm also bored of S3 of The Fall. Is it actually worth sticking with? I'm tempted to drop it and get on the Cobra Kai bandwagon.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I'm also bored of S3 of The Fall. Is it actually worth sticking with? I'm tempted to drop it and get on the Cobra Kai bandwagon.
    Just skip to the last episode.
  • Options
    Am 3 episodes into Season 2 of Doom Patrol, having binge watched Season 1. Probably the maddest, but equally most engaging ‘super hero’ show I have watched. Some episodes are quite touching, while you get at least one WTAF moment per episode. Alan Tudyk is a bit too hammy for my liking towards the end of season 1, but acting and action overall is great. Hope a third season is commissioned.

Also recently finished Season 2 of Umbrella Academy on Netflix. Enjoyed it, but a bit too much mirroring re doomsday scenario and hope they move on from thar in S3...
  • Options
    Not 'new' as such but Channel 4 re-running Shameless from the very first episode - that's some dark funny telly.
    Paul Abbott busting taboos right from the off.

Shameless was magnificent, went on a couple of years too long but was awesome 

There is a Frank in locals across the land and multiple Franks in every single weatherspoons 

• Options
    Not 'new' as such but Channel 4 re-running Shameless from the very first episode - that's some dark funny telly.
    Paul Abbott busting taboos right from the off.

Excellent. I didnt know they are all on Netflix now as well.
    Been years since ive watched it so looking forward to starting again.
    Some great characters in it. The firestarter with tourrettes, forget his name, is brilliant.
  • Options
      EDIT .. should be 'was' an unsung genius, as alas he died years ago
    He made it look ridiculously easy....even his 'happy little mistakes' (Which Ironically was my mum's nickname for me).

He is a bit of a one trick pony though.....always mountains, trees and a river. I'm waiting for him to do some proper 80's art.......a massive cock n balls - complete with pubes and a few jizz spurts from the old Japs.