Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone watched season 2 of 'Stranger' on Netflix? Season 1 was very good but the new one has a bit too much Korean police politics. Just wondering if it picks up or whether to leave it.
  • Options
    Anyone watched the thing with Hugh Grant in it, saw bits of it on Gogglebox the other day and it seemed interesting l, just wondered if anyone had watched it
  • Options
    Anyone watched the thing with Hugh Grant in it, saw bits of it on Gogglebox the other day and it seemed interesting l, just wondered if anyone had watched it
    Roadkill. Started well but second episode was a bit unbelievable. On tonight. A 4 parter I believe. Worth a watch imo
  • Options
    Roadkill. Started well but second episode was a bit unbelievable. On tonight. A 4 parter I believe. Worth a watch imo
    No The Undoing I believe its called
  • Options
    Hugh Laurie, mate:-) Otherwise spot on. Hope tonight's episode is better.
  • Options
    Sorry guys. Speed read.
  • Options
    Not a series.....but watched The story of the Style Council on Sky Arts last night and really enjoyed it. 
    A great watch - really interesting and some fab music.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Mandalorian Season Two has been released on Disney+ ... Each episode is being released on a weekly basis rather than in one hit sadly

Carries on from S1 though with some excellent Star Wars story telling, adds some comical bizarre moments with the Tuscan Raiders but shows continued promise from last year

Throw in a potential legend from the original films and this should be another good season for Disney
  • Options
    Mandalorian Season Two has been released on Disney+ ... Each episode is being released on a weekly basis rather than in one hit sadly

Carries on from S1 though with some excellent Star Wars story telling, adds some comical bizarre moments with the Tuscan Raiders but shows continued promise from last year

Throw in a potential legend from the original films and this should be another good season for Disney
    Episode 1 was really good. Happy they've lengthened the episodes and it all looked amazing, it might just be me as I torrented most of Season 1 rather than springing for Disney + like I did for this season but thought everything looked even crisper and clearer.
  • Options
    Sorry guys. Speed read.
    Wasn't much impressed by episode 3 either. I have a feeling this may have been heavily cut down as a series. Only 4 x 1 hour isn't usual. But it's written by David Hare and I recall another recent one he wrote, again contemporary theme, set in London. which also suffered from a good start and going downhill from there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jints said:
    The Queen's Gambit on Netflix - very impressed by the first episode. Helps that the book is a favourite of mine but they've done it really well. 
    , i recomm
    I'm 2 episodes in.   Read the book and this is first class.   You don't have to play chess to watch it, but it will help
    I binged it yesterday, really enjoyed it. Unexpected as it doesn't really sound great, but the lead actress draws you in with her elegance, stunning eyes. Easy to watch and a good story, highly recommended. Only 7 episodes and each one around an hour. 
  • Options
    Not new, also myself and others have probably already mentioned it, but Gone Fishing with Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer is a great pick me up in these sad times.

People probably dismiss it as a boring fishing show, but the fishing is largely secondary. It's just two old friends laughing and talking about life in general and their experiences of it.
    It also brings a tear to the eye at times.

There's been a lot of talk about mental health on here recently. I can't recommend this show highly enough to let your mind drift away for a while.
    I'm watching them all again on iPlayer.
    Loved watching it - very gentle and very funny.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Don't Rock the Boat .. I am not usually a fan of 'reality TV', but this looks interesting 
  • Options
    Have just finished The Queen's Gambit on Netflix.  Anya Taylor-Joy is excellent in the lead role of the self-destructive chess player, helped in no small part by the superb cinematography and delightful costumes, and the supporting cast do a sterling job.

Even better than all that, though, they got Garry Kasparov to advise on the chess so it looks reasonably accurate despite overuse of the Levenfish Sicilian.
  • Options
    Not new, also myself and others have probably already mentioned it, but Gone Fishing with Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer is a great pick me up in these sad times.

People probably dismiss it as a boring fishing show, but the fishing is largely secondary. It's just two old friends laughing and talking about life in general and their experiences of it.
    It also brings a tear to the eye at times.

There's been a lot of talk about mental health on here recently. I can't recommend this show highly enough to let your mind drift away for a while.
    I'm watching them all again on iPlayer.
    Ms AA loves this but has no interest in fishing.  That pretty much sums up what you were saying about the fishing being secondary.
  • Options
    Don't Rock the Boat .. I am not usually a fan of 'reality TV', but this looks interestin

I've only seen the 1st episode on Monday, missed the rest, but i quite enjoyed it. At least i recognised most of the celebs, apart from a couple.

It did make me laugh how that Pussycat Doll made a big entrance in her hot pants and 10mins later was puking up over the side of the boat.

Cant remember his real name but the Dark Destroyer from the chase done well abseiling down that cliff face first. Bollox to that.

• Options
    Have just finished The Queen's Gambit on Netflix.  Anya Taylor-Joy is excellent in the lead role of the self-destructive chess player, helped in no small part by the superb cinematography and delightful costumes, and the supporting cast do a sterling job.

Even better than all that, though, they got Garry Kasparov to advise on the chess so it looks reasonably accurate despite overuse of the Levenfish Sicilian.
    I second this - most enjoyable show I've seen for ages; great story, beautifully acted.
    And to top it all off, Anya Taylor-Joy is a massive Kinks fan, bless her. What's not to love?  <3

• Options

I second this - most enjoyable show I've seen for ages; great story, beautifully acted.
    And to top it all off, Anya Taylor-Joy is a massive Kinks fan, bless her. What's not to love?  <3

Only just realised who she is, in terms of acting, Peaky Blinders, Split/Glass, she's been in loads.
  • Options
    Just finished Soulmates (will need a VPN as on the US Amazon Prime), but it's a good watch. A Black Mirror-esque look at a world where you can find your 'perfect match' by taking a test.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Binge watched Roadkill Over the weekend.  Enjoyed it. Laurie was excellent. Just watch first two episodes of The Sister.  Mrs SB is liking it. I’m hanging by a thread. 
  • Options
    Thanks to all the posters who recommended the Queen's Gambit. My favourite post lockdown drama.
  • Options
    anybody watching The Third Day? 

there's a 12 hour episode on sky arts now. 
    I’m watching the individual episodes. Weird shit - but I like it. 
    just finished the series. also watched the highlights of the 12 hour episode (fortunately only two hours. slow TV which seems more popular what with those sleigh ride BBC4 things they do each christamas lately)

different, wicker man style series. I also very much liked it. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Binged Succession up to the middle of series 2. 

Best series I’ve seen for ages.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Binged Succession up to the middle of series 2. 

Best series I’ve seen for ages.
    My second favourite of 2019, narrowly pipped by Watchmen. Can't wait for season 3. 
  • Options
    another vote here for Queen's Gambit. that was a masterpiece of tv, watched the whole thing this weekend
  • Options
    Watched the first 2 episodes of The Undoing, very good so far and apparently episode 3 gets even better ..... Thats tonights viewing.
  • Options
    Webby said:
    Watched the first 2 episodes of The Undoing, very good so far and apparently episode 3 gets even better ..... Thats tonights viewing.
    I almost gave up on this during a very turgid first episode. 

I’m glad I didn’t.....the second and third episodes have been brilliant. 
  • Options
    Working my way through The Alienist. A very slow start and difficult to connect with the characters early on. Improves towards the end of season 1 as momentum builds. Hope season 2 is better.