Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Watched first episode of Queens Gambit last night and enjoyed. Only got 5 episodes left of Ozark S3 and really going to miss that one. 
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    Working my way through The Alienist. A very slow start and difficult to connect with the characters early on. Improves towards the end of season 1 as momentum builds. Hope season 2 is better.
    We enjoyed both series, @johnny73 .

• Options
    Not technically a new series, but have been watching Cinemax's 'Quarry' this week. Very very good.
  • Options
    On the final season of homeland now, best one. Brilliantly made 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I have never seen homeland.......but did watch 'Prisoners of War'.........the Israeli show that it was apparently based upon.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I have never seen homeland.......but did watch 'Prisoners of War'.........the Israeli show that it was apparently based upon.
    If you like this sort of thing Fauda is well worth a watch on Netflix.
    Another vote for Fauda and I add a recommendation for Caliphate
  • Options
    Not a new series at all - but I am totally engrossed in Dexter at the moment (so much so that work paid me to watch 6 episodes today - how decent of them!).  Not sure whey I’ve not indulged in it before.
  • Options
    Just finished The Queens Gambit. 

Fantastic 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I came very late to the homeland party, a few people at work at the time it started really got on board with it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Binged watched Mr Mercedes. Disappointing third series after the first two excellent series. 

Really enjoying DNA on BBC4, which concludes on Saturday. 
  • Options
    Binged watched Mr Mercedes. Disappointing third series after the first two excellent series. 

I gave up Mr Mercedes in the 2nd series. Just got too ridiculous for me, after what was an excellent first season.
  • Options
    Not a new series at all - but I am totally engrossed in Dexter at the moment (so much so that work paid me to watch 6 episodes today - how decent of them!).  Not sure whey I’ve not indulged in it before.
    I really enjoyed the first few seasons of Dexter but it became a bit of a trainwreck by the end. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Carter said:
    Carter said:
    I came very late to the homeland party, a few people at work at the time it started really got on board with it 
    Homeland is one of my top 3 all time series. Once Damian Lewis' character is out of it, every episode ends on a knife edge.
  • Options
    Have been binge watching and thoroughly enjoying three mini series over the last week or so - Life, Us and Roadkill.
    All highly recommended, some great British talent on display.
  • Options

We're enjoying DNA too.

Read Stephen King's book,  Mr Mercedes and loved it but think the series is on Amazon Prime which we don't subscribe to...
  • Options
    So a lot of people seem to like drama series about the middle East like Caliphate and Fauda. Are there other similar like series that others would recommend?

I recently watched a two series production on Prime called Mossad 101, about training prospective recruits to join the Israeli equivalent of our MI6. It was worth a watch imo, but I would not personally recommend as a must watch, which I did for Caliphate a while back.

On a similar theme, the latest series of The Bureau, about French agents in the region was as usual of a very high standard. Available on Prime, forget which subscription channel though. 
  • Options
    Just finished The Queens Gambit. 

Fantastic 
    Me too, superb 
  • Options
    Finished Homeland during the week, really well done and a good ending for it which is unusual for shows like that. 

Now my wife has gotten into Sons of Anarchy so I'm rewatching that for about the 4th time with her. Once they hit their stride that show becomes majestic, fantastically done and I recommend anyone to watch 
  • Options
    Another shout for Queen's Gambit.
    More or less flawless. Great acting, great pace, great direction, great writing, great casting, great period detail, great cinematography, great writing...and the overall art direction deserves some kind of award.
    Might well be, along with Unorthodox, the best thing I've seen this year.
    Highly recommended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    seth plum said:
    Another shout for Queen's Gambit.
    More or less flawless. Great acting, great pace, great direction, great writing, great casting, great period detail, great cinematography, great writing...and the overall art direction deserves some kind of award.
    Might well be, along with Unorthodox, the best thing I've seen this year.
    Highly recommended.
    Definiteiy the best I have seen this year, very impressive on all counts ... ohhh, and great music too
  • Options
    Started The Queens Gambit tonight, really enjoying it.
  • Options
    So a lot of people seem to like drama series about the middle East like Caliphate and Fauda. Are there other similar like series that others would recommend?

I recently watched a two series production on Prime called Mossad 101, about training prospective recruits to join the Israeli equivalent of our MI6. It was worth a watch imo, but I would not personally recommend as a must watch, which I did for Caliphate a while back.

On a similar theme, the latest series of The Bureau, about French agents in the region was as usual of a very high standard. Available on Prime, forget which subscription channel though. 
    Looming Tower is a good watch on Amazon Prime. based around the twin towers but lots going on in the middle east. 
  • Options

Looming Tower is a good watch on Amazon Prime. based around the twin towers but lots going on in the middle east. 
    Yes saw that when on the BBC last year. 
  • Options

Great series, terrific book too 
  • Options

Tehran is pretty good
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Keep seeing Queens Gambit mentioned. 
    Can I have a brief summary of what it’s about please 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

It’s about a girl who plays chess 😀
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    About an orphan who becomes a world class chess player but struggles with drugs etc. It’s not the most dramatic series and there’s a lot of chess reference, but it’s acting and visuals make it well worth watching.
    Just watched the first part - an excellent watch.