Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Have been really enjoying The Nest, but feel it's getting a bit ridiculous now 
  • Options
    New Killing Eve on iplayer (only 1st episode)
  • Options
    Today is going to be a late one with all the programmes we have to watch. 

Belgravia - as I forgot it was Sunday yesterday, have to have a period drama on the go at all times

Killing Eve

The Nest finale -what a lot of shite but need to see it through now

Quiz-  even though I hate the main actor

then as we finished pillars of the earth (on demand) we’re starting re watching Wolf Hall. 

Also started Top Boy from the start. 

As well as University Challenge with it being a Monday. Thank god Only Connect concluded or we’d have that too! 

• Options
    We've smashed our way through Homeland on Netflix, can't quite believe I missed this even having had some strong recommendations to watch 

Anyway, we've encountered a problem. The last season is on Channel 4 now but we didnt finish series 7 in time to be ready for episode 1 and C4 have wiped off the first 4 or 5 episodes.

So my request is, does anyone know of where I can get hold of the final season? 
  • Options
    Quiz was good
  • Options
    Nest is finally over. 
  • Options
    Forgot about Westworld. Anyone keeping up with what the eff is going on? 
  • Options
    Nest is finally over. 
    I didn’t mind it. Thought the acting was good is most parts.
  • Options
    Nest is finally over. 
    I didn’t mind it. Thought the acting was good is most parts.
    Kaya was brilliant. She’ll pop up all over the place now.
  • Options

Kate & Koji, what a bag on pigshit. It's like a 1980s BBC1 sitcom, it's terrible.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    The Nest
    Their house is actually a former WW2 lookout post and now a holiday rental place...might be nice to get a group of your friends together...it's £200 ish per person for a group of 10 for a week.

https://www.holidaycottages.co.uk/cottage/75979-cape-cove?source=aw&awc=5796_1586817272_0b08e897cdde6d72fa9059a66da59cb4&utm_source=affiliate%20window&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=generic
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Belgravia - as I forgot it was Sunday yesterday, have to have a period drama on the go at all times

Killing Eve

then as we finished pillars of the earth (on demand) we’re starting re watching Wolf Hall. 

As well as University Challenge with it being a Monday. Thank god Only Connect concluded or we’d have that too! 

Enjoyed 'Quiz' .. all the (exaggerated lol) background to the show .. The final of Uni Challenge is going to be a humdinger .. Brandon of Imperial is a genius as is the Chinese dude on the Cambridge team .. my money (fictitious) is on Imperial .. Just !!
  • Options
    not fair oxbridge get multiple teams. 

You don’t get other unis sending in teams from Various houses 

• Options
    Really enjoying The Nest on BBC1. Martin Compston is a very talented actor.
    Apparently the BBC have had a lot of complaints about his ridiculous scottish accent - apparently he is a Glaswegian native, and puts on the soft London accent for LOD.

Which was almost as much as a shock to me when I heard Jodie Kromer from 'Killing Eve' talk and she was a proper scouser!! 
  • Options
    Really enjoying The Nest on BBC1. Martin Compston is a very talented actor.
    Apparently the BBC have had a lot of complaints about his ridiculous scottish accent - apparently he is a Glaswegian native, and puts on the soft London accent for LOD.

Which was almost as much as a shock to me when I heard Jodie Kromer from 'Killing Eve' talk and she was a proper scouser!! 
    Yeah I thought he was a Londoner putting on a thick Scottish accent. Turns out it's the other way round 
  • Options

Killing Eve

Enjoyed 'Quiz' .. all the (exaggerated lol) background to the show .. The final of Uni Challenge is going to be a humdinger .. Brandon of Imperial is a genius as is the Chinese dude on the Cambridge team .. my money (fictitious) is on Imperial .. Just !!
    His range of knowledge is extraordinary but he's bloody annoying. 
  • Options
    Totally agree, part way through series one of Money Heist I switched to the original Spanish version with English subtitles... so much better! Also feels more authentic, if that's the right word (I found the dubbed version voices a bit cheesy and not very well dubbed)
    How do you switch to the original language? - Or is it simply a case of selecting "Spanish" from language settings?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Totally agree, part way through series one of Money Heist I switched to the original Spanish version with English subtitles... so much better! Also feels more authentic, if that's the right word (I found the dubbed version voices a bit cheesy and not very well dubbed)
    How do you switch to the original language? - Or is it simply a case of selecting "Spanish" from language settings?
    When it’s playing in the settings for subtitles there’s also an option for listening language. So set that to Spanish and subtitles to English.
    so much better than the out of sync lips, feel like the whole thing flows better too
  • Options
    Latest episode of Better Call Saul is one of the best yet, such a good series.
    Yes just seen it. Excellent drama. Will miss it when the series ends next Tuesday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished binge watching Before We Die. Excellent series.
  • Options
    Latest episode of Better Call Saul is one of the best yet, such a good series.
    Good to hear, I thought the start of the series was a little slow compared to usual. Can't wait to catch up.

Thought Quiz last night was excellent, looking forward to the next episode tonight
  • Options
    I'm excited to get home to watch Better Call Saul later. Definitely been the best series so far. 
  • Options
    First or second series? Not started the second series. 
  • Options
    First or second series? Not started the second series. 
    Both ! Highly recommend the second series.
  • Options
    I'm excited to get home to watch Better Call Saul later. Definitely been the best series so far. 
    This series is brilliant, it's such a cleverly written programme and the characters are getting more familiar. I'm a bit apprehensive how they deal with Kim moving forwards but also very intrigued 
  • Options
    My guess is that Kim puts in an order for an obsolete spare part for a vacuum cleaner
  • Options
    Just seen a tremendous Swedish series on Netflix called Celiphate. Recommended. 
  • Options
    Just browsed the Trailer Celiphate. Unfortunately, I think I've hit the ceiling with these kinda thrillers and storylines.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Just browsed the Trailer Celiphate. Unfortunately, I think I've hit the ceiling with these kinda thrillers and storylines.
    I try to only recommend really outstanding stuff. Believe me this is top notch.