Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Finished series one of Narcos (Mexico). Enjoyable but can't hold a candle to Sopranos or The Wire.
    Nobody claimed it did?
    Soton. This is a forum. People give their opinions. These don't have to be argumentative. Many on here have praised Narcos. I enjoyed but didn't consider it a classic. My opinion. Did I claim anything else?
  • Options
    JohnnyBev. This thread is full of Amazon and Netflix series. SMILF on Sky. Why do you dig me out? Troll.
    I was more taking the mick out of you from your thread, i am not the thread police :) 
  • Options
    Finished series one of Narcos (Mexico). Enjoyable but can't hold a candle to Sopranos or The Wire.
    Nobody claimed it did?
    Soton. This is a forum. People give their opinions. These don't have to be argumentative. Many on here have praised Narcos. I enjoyed but didn't consider it a classic. My opinion. Did I claim anything else?
    On a lighter note, i agree with you. I watched the first season of Narcos, i thought it was ok but lost interest in the 2nd. I wouldn't say its rubbish but nowhere near Ozark level, what i am currently watching. I could probably pick 10 series + min that i preferred. 
  • Options
    Enjoying watching Last Chance U about American Football on Netflix - interesting insight into college football.
  • Options
    Not belly laughed at something for a long time until I watched ‘The mum that got Tourettes’.

Was on channel 4 last night.
  • Options
    The C4 3 parter on Putin was superb .. and worrying
  • Options
    Very interesting show on BBC4 on Wednesday, called Secret Universe: The Hidden Life of the Cell. It was a documentary exploring the inner world of the human cellular structure via the narrative of a viral infection. Fascinating story showing how the body deals with a viral attack and the strategies the virus uses to try & overcome the cellular defences. A must watch in current circumstances.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Not belly laughed at something for a long time until I watched ‘The mum that got Tourettes’.

Was on channel 4 last night.
     Caught the last half hour of it.

Yes. Extraordinary.

When the gas man turned up to look at the boiler.

"Hi Gary. Useless c**t!"

Gary replied " I know I'm a few minutes late...but'
  • Options
    First couple of series of Fargo were good. Takes a bit of doing getting used to Martin Freeman with a Minnesotan accent. Third series and the movie not so much.
  • Options
    Enjoying watching Last Chance U about American Football on Netflix - interesting insight into college football.
    Just finished series 4 - would really recommend this. One of the best sports documentaries I've seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Save me series 2 - excellent, again
    Just started Tiger King - not what I expected in the first episode but gripping.
    Ozark - heard many rave reviews but no idea what it’s about? 
  • Options
    Just started Tiger King - not what I expected in the first episode but gripping.
    Ozark is about a chicago accountant and his young family. He has to move away to Ozark in deep south of USA as he is laundering money for a Mexican drugcartel. 

Lots of twists and turns and a good watch but can be slow at times. Finished series 3 yesterday and that was the best to date imo.
  • Options
    Watched all four of Unorthodox back to back last night. Gripping yet harrowing. Sad to think that it was based on an autobiography and about how many other people must be tapped in similar situations.
  • Options
    Ozark is about a chicago accountant and his young family. He has to move away to Ozark in deep south of USA as he is laundering money for a Mexican drugcartel. 

Lots of twists and turns and a good watch but can be slow at times. Finished series 3 yesterday and that was the best to date imo.
    Totally agree re series 3. The best by far. 
  • Options

Thank you - it’s on the list. As a fellow accountant I can dream about a more exciting career.
  • Options
    I watched an old tv series on i player a while back about surgeons dealing with pregnancy  called Bodies. Its a great series. Well written. Written by the guy who did line of duty 
  • Options

The wife and I have just binge watched all 3 series of Ozark back to back.
    Really enjoyed it.
    Some really great characters, eg Ruth "I don't know ferk about sheeeit".
    Will there be a 4th series?  Wifey reckons not as everybody kind of ended up where they belong
  • Options
    Netflix has yet to officially renew Ozark for a fourth season. In April 2020, Bateman told Collider that there hasn't been an “official pickup for Season 4” but it's business as usual for the Ozark production team as they assume the streaming giant will greenlight the next season
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    2121 said:
    I watched an old tv series on i player a while back about surgeons dealing with pregnancy  called Bodies. Its a great series. Well written. Written by the guy who did line of duty 
    Loved Bodies. It was more about a charasmatic senior surgeon who was incompetent and the dilemma of a potential whistle-blower.
  • Options
    Just finished season 2 of Money Heist 

Loved it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Money Heist audio translation looks a bit iffy on Netflix? Or is it one you get used to?!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Money Heist audio translation looks a bit iffy on Netflix? Or is it one you get used to?!
    Better with subtitles. Spanish language TV is pretty awful dubbed at the best of times because the speed and cadence of the language doesn't lend itself very well to spoke English
  • Options
    We got used to it pretty quickly 
  • Options
    Totally agree, part way through series one of Money Heist I switched to the original Spanish version with English subtitles... so much better! Also feels more authentic, if that's the right word (I found the dubbed version voices a bit cheesy and not very well dubbed)
  • Options
    Always have English subtitles with the original language. It’s even got to the stage now where I sometimes have subtitles with English programmes!
  • Options
    Always have English subtitles with the original language. It’s even got to the stage now where I sometimes have subtitles with English programmes!
    I do that too sometimes.
  • Options
    Penultimate episode of The Nest about to start.
    If you’ve been watching, just a reminder the final episode is tomorrow rather than next Sunday.
  • Options
    Really enjoying Race across the World. 
  • Options
    Really enjoying Race across the World. 
    Keep forgetting it's on!  Need to catch up on iplayer.
  • Options
    This is a great add on when eating crisps