Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    Anyone been watching Murder 24/7? Great series so far, recognised a school friend as well (detective rather than defendant, for once)
    Yes, I really enjoy these real life crime programmes.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Little proud uncle plug. My niece is a leading role in tonight’s Casualty on BBC1.
    The acid thrower ?

thought she did well. 
    Yeah that was her.
  • Options
    Missed It said:
    Did anyone anyone catch War of the Worlds on Fox? Looks pretty decent to me.....high budget stuff. 

I'm going to catch up with the ep 1 & 2 double bill tonight.  I'm a big War of the Worlds fan and need a decent version to watch after the BBC's horrendously bad recent attempt.
    You heard of that War of the Worlds live experience/bar by Leadenhall?  Walked past it the other day, I was intrigued.
    I’ve done that on a corporate, it is quite good apart from a couple of VR bits...I’ve no idea what it costs though, doubt its cheap, although the beer in the bar afterwards was fairly normally priced from memory...
  • Options
    Noughts and Crosses, anyone? A bit simplistic so far.
    Gave it 10 minutes after which we both said "not for us" so we binned it.
    a bit obvious with the reverse 'Romeo & Juliet/West Side Story' scene and the script is clunky, but held our attention enough to watch the second episode. 
  • Options
    Noughts and Crosses, anyone? A bit simplistic so far.
    Gave it 10 minutes after which we both said "not for us" so we binned it.
    Me too. 
  • Options
    Finished watching The Stranger over the weekend ... watchable series with a good story.
  • Options
    Finally finished Narcos Mexico season 2. Not as fast-pacing as previous seasons but still a great show. I already can't wait for season 3....
  • Options

I enjoyed watching “Happy” over the weekend, it’s one of those Netflix shows you half-plan to watch then forget about.

It’s about a deadbeat ex-cop who starts seeing a cartoon unicorn – turns out it’s a the imaginary friend of a kidnapped girl.

It’s got some nice dark humour, lots of violence and wisecracks. Well worth a go if you’re struggling to find new content online.

• Options
    Inside No.9 has been commissioned for 2 more series, which is great news.
  • Options
    Race Across The World started well. Couple of the women are grating already though but looks like it’s going to be very interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had Money Heist on Netflix recommended to me. 

Any good ?

also is it dubbed in English or is it subtitles?  
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Had Money Heist on Netflix recommended to me. 

Any good ?

also is it dubbed in English or is it subtitles?  
    Yes but its lengthy so a lot of time to invest. Ingenious plan and a plausible leader of the group.
  • Options
    The missus just binged Tiger King on Netflix, I wasn’t that fussed but it did hook me in with a fine collection of American red necks and dropouts....
  • Options
    Last part of 'This Country' was excellent - sorry to see it go.
  • Options
    Anyone else watch The Nest on Sunday?
    first of a 5 parter, good start, looking forward to the next one.
  • Options
    Yup - I watched it. thought it was really good. Nice gaff!

• Options

I lost patience with it.  People making unfeasibly stupid decisions.  Not one likeable character in it.
  • Options
    1st episode of series 5(Halloween Special) of Inside Number 9 is so weird, what with the 'Pretend technical difficulties' and going back to the 2nd ever episode ever briefly lol
    It was the live aspect that made that one work, people switching off and not realising until days later it was part of the show, others going on Twitter to comment and moan, viewers not realising it wasn't real technical difficulties at the start and so the ghosts & gremlins in the system being a genuine shock.

Very "event" TV, very well done for the social media age.  

Suspect it doesn't stand up as well on first time online viewing like you've seen it.
    It was so confusing, we were watching and said if there were technical issues why would they put this one on I Player, it wasnt until I went on IMDB and saw this picture they attached to the episode that I realized it must have been all part of it and we enjoyed the episode from then on lol.

I never expected to see Christophe Lepoint in a dress!
  • Options
    Just finished counterpart a science fiction / spy show. Well worth watching.
  • Options
    I've really enjoyed the first couple of episodes of Breeders. Martin Freeman's parenting style reminded me a little too much of my own 😠🤯🤬.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the series of Our Girl which was shown on BBC on Tuesday the start of a new series? Please anyone
  • Options
    Yes it was. 
  • Options
    Ozark series 3 out on Friday. Decent without being fantastic for me but will give it a go. 
  • Options
    just starting watching the 3 part series 'Penance' on channel 5 catch up  anyone seen it?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    The missus just binged Tiger King on Netflix, I wasn’t that fussed but it did hook me in with a fine collection of American red necks and dropouts....
    About half way through but had to stop as I can’t watch anything where people mistreat animals. Don’t know what it is, can happily watch gore and violence perpetrated between humans but someone taking a tiger cub from its mum and I have to turn off! 

Have been persevering with the new series if Liar on ITV but I think I’m done now, it’s just awful. Also I can’t decide if the leading lady is fit or not, very frustrating. 
  • Options
    I can help with that one, yes she is.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    just starting watching the 3 part series 'Penance' on channel 5 catch up  anyone seen it?
    My old man was on about this the other day, said it was good.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    It rehashes a lot of what is a well known story but from the background of racism and the strive to get away from being 'categorised' as just another black man .. and ultimately failing .. The O J Simpson story on 'Storyville', BBC
  • Options
    Did they know?

Netflix subscribers check this out.

2018 Japanese series called 'My Secret Terrius'

Episode 10.

Skip to 53 mins ( hospital scene)
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Also I can’t decide if the leading lady is fit or not, very frustrating.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean