Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Currently on nowtv on Gold
  • Options
    Better Call Saul is back up to its usual great standards. 

I remarked how well shot Mr Robot was shot but BCS still keeps the crown. The ants and the ice cream were mesmerising. 
  • Options
    1st episode of series 5(Halloween Special) of Inside Number 9 is so weird, what with the 'Pretend technical difficulties' and going back to the 2nd ever episode ever briefly lol
    It was the live aspect that made that one work, people switching off and not realising until days later it was part of the show, others going on Twitter to comment and moan, viewers not realising it wasn't real technical difficulties at the start and so the ghosts & gremlins in the system being a genuine shock.

Very "event" TV, very well done for the social media age.  

Suspect it doesn't stand up as well on first time online viewing like you've seen it.
  • Options
    1st episode of series 5(Halloween Special) of Inside Number 9 is so weird, what with the 'Pretend technical difficulties' and going back to the 2nd ever episode ever briefly lol
    It was the live aspect that made that one work, people switching off and not realising until days later it was part of the show, others going on Twitter to comment and moan, viewers not realising it wasn't real technical difficulties at the start and so the ghosts & gremlins in the system being a genuine shock.

Very "event" TV, very well done for the social media age.  

Suspect it doesn't stand up as well on first time online viewing like you've seen it.
    It was so confusing, we were watching and said if there were technical issues why would they put this one on I Player, it wasnt until I went on IMDB and saw this picture they attached to the episode that I realized it must have been all part of it and we enjoyed the episode from then on lol.

• Options
    Maybe it does work on catch up then!!
  • Options
    Spitting Image new series is coming to BritBox Autumn 2020
  • Options
    The Trails of Gabriel Fernandes.

Christ it’s some grim viewing but fascinating at the same time. The fact they have profit making companies drafted in for child care and fostering services is astounding. 
  • Options
    The Trails of Gabriel Fernandes.

Christ it’s some grim viewing but fascinating at the same time. The fact they have profit making companies drafted in for child care and fostering services is astounding. 
    Just about to start that on the recommendation of my daughter, she is home from Liverpool at the weekend and wants me to binge watch it so we can talk about it, looks like I'm in for a grim couple of evenings
  • Options
    Not new but thought I would put it in here

Extras and The Office are coming off Netflix on March 30th apparently they are moving to Britbox
  • Options
    Not new but thought I would put it in here

Extras and The Office are coming off Netflix on March 30th apparently they are moving to Britbox
    Well ,they where shown first on the BBC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Binge watched the first six episodes of the Netflix Grand Prix documentary during a sleepless night last night. Absolutely brilliant stuff. The episode with Haas imploding is like watching Veep with the team Principle losing  his nut and swearing brilliantly in English with a German accent. Also the episode with the unsuccessful young Red Bull driver is gripping. 
    Is that the first or second season? 
  • Options
    Noughts and Crosses, anyone? A bit simplistic so far.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Just finished, The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez.

Shocking,Harrowing,Heart-wrenching and unbelievable the Evil some people possess.

I've always been caught in two minds about the death penalty but had no qualms about one of the accused receiving it and the other, well I won't say incase anyone else chooses to watch it.
  • Options
    Glossy but very disappointing.
  • Options
    Gave it 10 minutes after which we both said "not for us" so we binned it.
  • Options
    Not new, but came across a cop show from Belgium on Netflix called Unit 42 thought it was excellent. I think Season 2 is airing in Belgium at the moment so hopefully will be available on Netfix soon. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Binge watched the first six episodes of the Netflix Grand Prix documentary during a sleepless night last night. Absolutely brilliant stuff. The episode with Haas imploding is like watching Veep with the team Principle losing  his nut and swearing brilliantly in English with a German accent. Also the episode with the unsuccessful young Red Bull driver is gripping. 
    Is that the first or second season? 
    Second.
  • Options
    Salad said:
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (now on NOW TV) is brilliant, been years since. saw any of it (must've been on C4).
    Not seen much of Seinfeld ever, which is now on C4, just a bit of series 1 which was okay, but certainly not CYE level.
    Which should I prioritise??
     Both are excellent. Seinfeld is a little tamer but the stories are hilarious.
    Georges character in Seinfeld is based on Larry David
    Seinfeld, imo, is the best comedy ever made. It gets better from season 2, really hits its stride in season 3 though. 
    Never 'got' Seinfeld, never saw where the comedy was supposed to be.  The pared back version that is CYE is even worse: central premise a grumpy intolerant old arsehole making his life and everybody else's a misery by being grumpy, intolerant with no self awareness nor consideration for anybody else at all.  We stumble across pr!cks like that all the time, why anyone would want to sit down and watch more with american accents and canned laughter is baffling.
    There is no canned laughter on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    And he’s not just a grumpy arsehole. He’s a frustrated arsehole who snaps back at how ludicrous society’s expectations are, whilst also making bad/selfish/thoughtless decisions.
    The result is that you empathise with his frustrations and cheer him on for arguing back, while simultaneously ridiculing him for his idiocy.
    Its a work of fucking genius.
    No canned laughter in Seinfeld either for that matter (well, until the last two seasons anyway) 
  • Options
    Because quoting isn't working on Android - agreed Romford. 

Yeah, for the outside observer there's not much that's relatable. Watch some though and you'll think of the time you crossed a road to avoid someone, wasn't sure whether to hold a door, debated whether a tip's needed on a service charge, if 'no gifts' at a party means bring a gift, the correct way to honk a car etc etc. 

It's clever, unique, really funny, and it's stood the test of time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone anyone catch War of the Worlds on Fox? Looks pretty decent to me.....high budget stuff. 
  • Options
    Did anyone anyone catch War of the Worlds on Fox? Looks pretty decent to me.....high budget stuff. 

I'm going to catch up with the ep 1 & 2 double bill tonight.  I'm a big War of the Worlds fan and need a decent version to watch after the BBC's horrendously bad recent attempt.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Missed It said:

I'm going to catch up with the ep 1 & 2 double bill tonight.  I'm a big War of the Worlds fan and need a decent version to watch after the BBC's horrendously bad recent attempt.
    I see where you got your  user name from.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

You heard of that War of the Worlds live experience/bar by Leadenhall?  Walked past it the other day, I was intrigued.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I see where you got your  user name from.
    I was disappointed by it. Hated the BBC version for its PC subtext and poor special effects. this doesn't annoy me so much, but it has no atmosphere or build up. Seems low budget as there are no alien ships - just wobbly lines in the air and everyone drops dead! Not sure why they call it war of the worlds - it has no real connection to the book.
  • Options
    Watched episode 1 this morning. Decent cast. Struggling to warm to the characters though. Big build up but the actual “attack” was a bit off a let down. Hopefully the monsters et al are to come. Hope it’s not just a survival story for the existing characters against an invisible foe. 
  • Options
    Missed It said:

You heard of that War of the Worlds live experience/bar by Leadenhall?  Walked past it the other day, I was intrigued.

It's on my list of things to do.  It seems to have got quite good reviews
  • Options
    Little proud uncle plug. My niece is a leading role in tonight’s Casualty on BBC1.
    The acid thrower ?

thought she did well. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Anyone been watching Murder 24/7? Great series so far, recognised a school friend as well (detective rather than defendant, for once)