Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just started a box set of 24. Struggle to get the bonhomie/goodness in the home of the lead politician, and even more sketchy is the broken home scenario with the lead investigator. Feel no empathy with either. Have I misjudged? Does it get better?
    Don't give up it's a cracker of a series. Just don't watch it too late at night as the adrenaline rush will keep you awake 🤣

Agreed, it's OTT and sometimes silly but it's Jack Bauer kicking ass so who cares? I'd love to be able to watch it for the first time again.
  • Options
    quite enjoyed Van Der Valk on ITV last night.
  • Options
    Started Normal People on bbc three yesterday, based on the Sally Rooney novel.

Enjoying it so far, but then I did love the book so a bit of bias.
  • Options
    Yes light uncomplicated entertainment.
    Dramatic finish in Race across the World last night too. 
  • Options
    Is it a remake? The original must be very old.
  • Options
    Is it a remake? The original must be very old.
    Yes a remake. 
  • Options
    I was told I should watch it and was sent the theme tune to play as it was 'iconic'.

Watched it last night.  Didn't understand why there were all these English people in Amsterdam. And they changed the theme tune. 
  • Options
    Gangs of London fine until the ridiculously unrealistic and ott fight scenes. Completely devalued the first episode for me and didn't require it.
    Despite this comment I can’t stop watching it and I am really enjoy the series.
  • Options
    Not sure why they called it Van Der Valk. Other than the setting it bore no relation to the original or book. Didn't like the plot - they really should steer clear of politics. Wasn't drawn to the characters, but I like Mark Warren so will give it another try
  • Options
    I was told I should watch it and was sent the theme tune to play as it was 'iconic'.

Watched it last night.  Didn't understand why there were all these English people in Amsterdam. And they changed the theme tune. 
    Funny, as soon as I read of it on here, I was playing the original theme tune in my head, note by note. But I always thought it was a rather odd tune to choose for a detective series, and wondered if it had some other Dutch connection.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Funny, as soon as I read of it on here, I was playing the original theme tune in my head, note by note. But I always thought it was a rather odd tune to choose for a detective series, and wondered if it had some other Dutch connection.
    Wasn’t it also the Oranjeboom theme tune?
  • Options
    Gino gordon and fred is rhe best thing on tv. They should take over top gear 😂
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Can’t say I’m unhappy about Katie Price jacking it in on Celebrity SAS. She makes my skin crawl.
  • Options
    Race Across the World was great entertainment. Really disappointed that Sam and his Mum didn’t finish. Glad the boys won and was impressed they donated 10k to a charity in San Paolo for homeless kids, very classy gesture. Can’t wait for the next series, Africa maybe?
  • Options
    Not sure why they called it Van Der Valk. Other than the setting it bore no relation to the original or book. Didn't like the plot - they really should steer clear of politics. Wasn't drawn to the characters, but I like Mark Warren so will give it another try
    Didn't appeal to me. 

Half expected to see Uncle Albert, Del and Rodney appear in the opening shot.

Didn't even get as far as the first break. Perhaps it was the rat mask!
  • Options
    Can’t say I’m unhappy about Katie Price jacking it in on Celebrity SAS. She makes my skin crawl.
    I dont know why she went on there. Thought it might have been edited against her a bit at first but she clearly didnt have any chance of getting through it. Woman has a few issues
  • Options
    Overall was underwhelmed by Gangs of London. I forgave the OTT fight scenes as I enjoyed the plot. Was bored by episode 6 and needed pro plus to stay awake for the last 2. 
  • Options
    Anyone watching Beat the Chasers on Itv right now. On every night this week at 9pm. Actually a really enjoyabke game to watch! 
  • Options
    Fashanu and Bellew were blatantly going to stuff that task up
  • Options
    I’m not Bellew’s biggest fan - but at some point in this, I hope he puts Fashanu on his arse. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Wasn’t it also the Oranjeboom theme tune?
    That dire lager? I'll try to look that up. I think Van Der Valk came first though, I think I was still at school when it was on.
  • Options
    I’m not Bellew’s biggest fan - but at some point in this, I hope he puts Fashanu on his arse. 
    Agreed. Fashanu is an absolute prick of a man. 
  • Options
    Agreed. Fashanu is an absolute prick of a man. 
    A bully and a narcissist, can’t remember if it was the BT sport documentary on the crazy gang, but even some of his team mates hated him, came across as a complete mug.
    Watched a bit of it SAS last night, heard a conversation picked by the microphones saying don’t trust fashanu, don’t know if it was his barrack room colleagues or the instructors 
  • Options
    After life 2, i binged through it over the weekend in one hit.  Not overly impressed, i really enjoyed the first series but just felt this one wasn't as funny. Still i wouldn't put people off it, still not bad just not to the same level for me. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Van Der Valk was ok easy watching. There is a gentle background piano nod to the famous theme tune in this one if you listen carefully. One good thing about it is that the actors speak in their natural accents. I was worried it would be full of “Schteve McLarens”. I used to always hate in older movies that Ze Germans Spoke viz ze mock accent. We know they are Germans. They are the ones in the grey uniforms and swasticas  ffs!!!  Either speak normally and let us use our imaginations or speak in the other language and have subtitles. 
  • Options
    That attempted choke out by Fashanu really wound me up. For Brendan Cole to call you a prick then you must have done something seriously wrong. Anthea Turner came across well and the instructors knew she tried her hardest.
  • Options
    Watched 4 episodes of Gangs of London today. Decent without being fantastic so far but well worth a watch if it's your thing. 
    Watched the first two. I think they just about get away with the amount of violence given its ‘stylised’ format. 
    Gave up during the camp site scene in episode 2. I know it's TV and not meant to be true to life but fucking come on. Seen more believable episodes of Rainbow.
  • Options

The original theme tune, "Eye Level" by The Simon Park Orchestra was a number 1 in the UK for a number of weeks. You can just about hear it in this re-vamped show but is a poor representation and somewhat subdued version of the original
  • Options
    That attempted choke out by Fashanu really wound me up. For Brendan Cole to call you a prick then you must have done something seriously wrong. Anthea Turner came across well and the instructors knew she tried her hardest.
    Fashanu is a really unpleasant character and the way he treated his brother was pretty appalling.

I found the instructors referring to Anthea Turner's age all the time as pretty tedious.

Bellew seems very scary.
  • Options
    Enjoyed S1 of Money Heist (in Spanish with Eng subtitles). Watching S2E1 made me feel it was all being drawn out longer than necessary, so hope am proven wrong with the next episode or two.