Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Murray

Comments

• Sadly haven't been able to watch any of his matches in Oz as they're all on at like 2 am here but I saw some really promising signs from him when I was at his US Open match with Novak. He gave the Serb a real test for 3 sets but just ran out of steam and it was obvious it was fitness, not form that was his problem in 2014.

After a strong end to last season and a hard winter of training he looks back to near his best which was great to see. I doubt either Novak or Stan are looking forward to playing him although arguably both will still be favourites.

Come on Tim!
  • Is the Charlton fan who was part of his fitness team still part of his lot after the shake up ? What's his name ?
  • Early !!!

Obviously no kids !!!
  • Amazing turn around after the 6-0 6-1 to Federer before xmas.
  • Is the Charlton fan who was part of his fitness team still part of his lot after the shake up ? What's his name ?

Yes - Matt Little.
  • edited January 2015

Amazing turn around after the 6-0 6-1 to Federer before xmas.

To be fair, he had a pretty intense run into that tournament and won three other tournaments in the process. I think that match was so one sided because it was just one too many at the end of the season.

I think the signs were there at the end of last season that his game was still good enough, the question was whether or not he could get properly fit again over the winter. Early signs are that he has. That'll really get put to the test in the final though as both his potential opponents are more than capable of dragging it out for 5 sets, particularly as his matches with Djok tend to be loooong. Psychologically, if its Djok, he tends to come out on top in those marathon games between the two so it'll test Murray's self belief too.

• Back on form and motivated .. BUT .. I suspect that Djokovic is still too consistent and powerful for him
  • Murray needs to be serving bombs to have a chance on Sunday. If he can fire them in 70% of the time it's game on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven't seen Murray play so well. His weakness has been his serve, especially 2nd. But been going really well so far.
  • Back on form and motivated .. BUT .. I suspect that Djokovic is still too consistent and powerful for him

Djok has such a good record in Australia too, let's hope Stan takes him to 5 sets tomorrow
  • I wish Murray all the best for the final whatever else you think about him he is a great tennis player. I somehow think this may be his year at the Aussie open as he has improved round on round which is always a good sign. Whomever he plays in the final will be a big test so it should be a cracking match.

Over to the ladies I hope Serena pounds "Don't look at me I am perfect" Sharapova....such a charmless person!
  • edited January 2015
    So it's Djok / Murray final again. Djoks the ony player in the top 5/6 who hasn't blinked in the last couple of years., but when he's got the bit between his teeth Andy Murray can beat anyone. When he hasn't he couldn't beat himself.
  • Has a chance, but I would still make Djokovic favourite.
  • his missus is a worldy
  • Extra day of rest, Novak having a 5 set semi-final and not looking in peak form during it. Maybe the pendulum is swinging Murray's way a little bit. Lets hope.

Novak favourite but it should be a great match.
  • What time is the final on Sunday ?
  • About 8:30am.
  • Starts at 8.15am on BBC1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Euggh, was hoping it'd be on earlier Melbourne time. That is 1:30 am here. Could be a late night if it's 4hrs plus like the Murray vs Djok games tend to be!
  • About to get underway. Djokovic serves first!
  • edited February 2015
    1-1 and now 0-40 for Murray... can he take one of these three chances?

First gone. 15-40
    Second gone (incredible rally). 30-40
    Third gone. Deuce.
    Ace - Adv. Djok.
    Five points in a row and he holds from 0-40.
  • edited February 2015
    Now Murray has to do the same.

0-40...
    15-40...
    Djokovic breaks serve. 3-1 to Djok.
  • I like the last sentence of The Matt Little interview!. Big chance missed with the chance to break serve then losing his own
  • Now 4-1 to Djokovic first set. Murray doing nothing wrong but opponent just too good at the moment.
  • Great tennis, come on Andy !
  • Broken back for 4-3. :-)
  • How did Murray lose that game ?
  • I'm sure I just saw Kim shout "come on then, you Serbian c***".