Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Murray

Comments

• Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

DRAddick said:

Redskin said:

DRAddick said:

Redskin said:

Does voting Yes make the 1.6 million anti English/British?

Some of them, yes.

So that makes the true answer no then.

No, it doesn't.

Well yes it does because you stated that it's only some of them so for the majority they're voting for other reasons other than anti English/British. So the answer to the question is no. And if you think a significant amount voted Yes based on their dislike of us then your mistaken.
    I don't see what you fail to grasp about my post.
    The motivation of some people's decision to vote 'yes' was borne out of anti-English/British
    sentiment.
    The fact that they may be in a minority is immaterial and precludes the true answer, whatever that means, being no.

As for thinking 'a significant amount voted Yes based on their dislike of us', I didn't say that.I don't know how many did: neither do you.
    So after they voted, they sent you a text explaining their decision?

You are assuming that it's anti English/British.
    Jesus, do you people actually read the post.

I said the motivation of some people's
    decision to vote 'Yes' was borne out of an anti-English/British sentiment.

If you can't grasp that simplicity of that, you must be a bit dim, which I don't imagine you are.

I see! Just some people texted you then?
  • Options
    I agree with the intelligent and considered opinion of this great sportsman. He is a twat.
  • Options
    “It wasn’t something I would do again,” he told the BBC.

"It was a very emotional day for Scottish people and the whole country and the whole of the UK - it was a big day.

"The way it was worded, the way I sent it, is not really in my character. I don't normally do stuff like that. So, yeah, I was a bit disappointed by that.”

Even he admits he's a twat.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Through to round four of the Aussie Open with Federer - the highest seed in Murray's side of the draw - crashing out on the same day.

Projected route is:
    R4 Dimitrov (beat him at Wimbledon in the summer)
    QF Seppi (beat him in Davis Cup last April & just knocked out Federer)
    SF Nadal/Berdych
    F Djokovic/Wawrinka/Nishikori/Raonic
  • Options
    Dimitrov will be a big test for him, he's looking decent (only seen highlights though) so far
  • Options
    One set all between Murray and Dimitrov.
  • Options
    Murray up 2-1 but Dimitrov has a fourth set break of serve.

6-4 6-7 6-3 0-2
  • Options
    Great match. Think Murray will win but..................................
  • Options
    Murray breaks when Dimitrov was serving for 2-2.

6-4 6-7 6-3 4-5
  • Options
    Murray breaks AGAIN and now will serve for the match.

6-4 6-7 6-3 6-5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great match. Think Murray will win but..................................

Boom
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Wins match point with a net cord.

6-4 6-7 6-3 7-5

Plays Kyrgios in the quarter-final. If he wins, Nadal or Berdych in the semi final.
  • Options
    Was at this game at Rod Laver, quality stadium! Dmitrovic was class to be fair, some of his returns were incredible. Murray kept calm throughout and the added experience saw him the better, broke at some perfect times.

Aus Open is a magnificent spectacle :-)
  • Options
    The weather this year seems much better than previous years, not too hot for once
  • Options
    Murray wins QF in straight sets. Will play Berdych in the semi-final.
  • Options
    Great chance of making the final, but Djok will be incredibly difficult to beat there
  • Options
    Have to say I thought he was finished at the end of last year as a grand slam winning player. He seems like a new person entirely.
  • Options
    Berdych is no mug and has beaten Murray before.

BUT IF Andy CAN get past him then perhaps the opportunity to win three of the four slams will provide enough impetus to get him past Novak too on this occasion.
  • Options
    It shows the importance of match fitness, Nadal has struggled in the way Murray struggled last year. I'm sure Nadal will be back to 100% by the time we set to the French Open though!

Even if Murray loses to Djok in the final, it'll be a great help for his ranking, as he needs to get back to the top 4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a certainty Djok will make the final as he has to get past Nisikori and Wawrinka (apols for spelling). Whenever I have watched Andy play Berdych he always seems to lose, bit of a bogey player.
  • Options
    And Berdych is now coached by Andy's old pal Danny Valverdu, so should be able to get under his skin - from today's post match interview, this is already bothering Murray. Will be a big test.
  • Options
    Live on BBC Two right now. First set tie-break between Murray and Berdych.

Watch on the BBC website if you can't get to a TV: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/tennis/30540588
  • Options
    Berdych wins it 8-6 after Murray had set point.
  • Options
    Murray breaks early in the second set.

6-7(8) 2-0
  • Options
    And again. Murray finding another gear since going one down.

6-7(8) 4-0
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Second set demolition job. Murray is level.

6-7(8) 6-0
  • Options
    Berdych hasnt lost a set in the Australian Open so what a way to possibly lose your first!!
  • Options
    Fascinating match so far
  • Options
    On serve in the third set.

6-7(8) 6-0 3-2