Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Murray

Comments

• Options
    Can't stand the guy. Complete idiot
  • Options
    robroy said:

Can't stand the guy. Complete idiot

Must say I have never met him before like you. What's he like as a person?
  • Options
    No Paulie wasn't meant as a dig at you personally, honest. I think Murray's been daft giving his opinion on things, would've been best served keeping schtum, though I'm sure by the time Wimbledon comes around again the crowds will have forgotten.
  • Options
    Who gives a toss about a sports player's political beliefs?

Ooo, he's a Scot that doesn't like England! Big deal.
  • Options

Probably gonna get abuse for this but serious question
    Everyone on here knows I have a issue with Andy Murray

but has been discovered over the last couple of days he was a yes voter

so my question
    do people still believe his comment about England was just a joke or are people now like I have since he made them believe he was being serious and pretended it was a joke so he did not get criticized

Of course everyone who voted "yes" hates England.

it was a joke, watch the interview, move on.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

so my question
    do people still believe his comment about England was just a joke or are people now like I have since he made them believe he was being serious and pretended it was a joke so he did not get criticized

For a start Andy Murray couldn't vote in the referendum, no idea where you got that from.

Secondly do you seriously think a man who lives in England, with his English girlfriend, has an English grandmother and a predominantly English coaching team really has an issue with England ?

Even, let's just say for a second, he was being serous in his comment re "any one but England" - which he wasn't - surely you have emotional maturity to separate a comment based on footballing rivalry and a genuine case of xenophobia ?
    He Tweeted before the polls opened
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11103345/Andy-Murray-finally-reveals-views-on-Scottish-independence.html
  • Options
    Great sportsman, enjoy watching him do well. Think he is a tit though and would be happy if i never come across him. Dull, Boring and all round miserable man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who cares whether he voted yes or no , i'm more interested in how he performs on a tennis court.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

se9addick said:

so my question

For a start Andy Murray couldn't vote in the referendum, no idea where you got that from.

Secondly do you seriously think a man who lives in England, with his English girlfriend, has an English grandmother and a predominantly English coaching team really has an issue with England ?

Even, let's just say for a second, he was being serous in his comment re "any one but England" - which he wasn't - surely you have emotional maturity to separate a comment based on footballing rivalry and a genuine case of xenophobia ?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11103345/Andy-Murray-finally-reveals-views-on-Scottish-independence.html
    Precisely - he had an opinion on the referendum, you must surely agree that he's entitled to ? He never voted because he lives in England.

Edit - it literally tells you in that article that he can't vote ! Did you read any further than his tweet before getting all worked up ?
  • Options
    he clearly said he wanted his home country to leave the union he represents on the tennis court. Massive error of judgement and i don't think many british supporters will forgive him.

It's like Wayne Rooney, captain of england saying "lets get manchester united to leave the English FA's competitions". His role as captain would be untenable.

Just a dumb move all round by murray to be honest.
  • Options
    All this twitter stuff is why I won'nt touch it with a barge pole. He's Scottish, he's entitled to an opinión like the rest of the Scots in a referéndum (idiots like Cameron, Clegg and Brown have all opened their mouths a great deal) and does'nt deserve the abuse he's had for saying what he thinks. Some people just lose it completely on twitter, and a few of them never had it in the first place.
  • Options
    Can someone post what Liam Gallagher tweeted him. It's lol worthy
  • Options
    Only seen Murray once in the flesh and that was at The Valley. I think his fitness coach is an Addick.
  • Options
    I don't blame anyone in Scotland for voting yes. Scotland does not vote Tory yet gets lumbered with the tossers.
    I don't blame the sour faced git one little bit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

so my question

Precisely - he had an opinion on the referendum, you must surely agree that he's entitled to ? He never voted because he lives in England.

Edit - it literally tells you in that article that he can't vote ! Did you read any further than his tweet before getting all worked up ?
    I would like to point out I never once said he voted yes, I said he was a yes voter, which means had he been able to vote he would of voted yes
  • Options

he clearly said he wanted his home country to leave the union he represents on the tennis court. Massive error of judgement and i don't think many british supporters will forgive him.

It's like Wayne Rooney, captain of england saying "lets get manchester united to leave the English FA's competitions". His role as captain would be untenable.

Just a dumb move all round by murray to be honest.

Absolute rubbish. Murray is a proud Scotsman, just as many of us are proud Englishmen. Just because he thought that Scotland going independent would be a good thing for his country, doesn't mean he suddenly hates the British, the English or whoever. His tweet the night before even stated that he had only just decided based on the political parties lobbying, implying that his decision was based on what he thought was best from a political point of view, rather than him having a hatred of everything not Scottish. I disagree with his viewpoint, but fair play to the bloke for having an opinion on an important political matter.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

so my question

I would like to point out I never once said he voted yes, I said he was a yes voter, which means had he been able to vote he would of voted yes
    LOL, "Voter" means someone who votes. Just saying Solly and move on
  • Options
    Such a strange over reaction to voting yes.

Why does it even matter? God forbid someone be proud and love their country.
  • Options
    His opinion matters as much as mine does, in that neither us want to live in Scotland therefore our views are moot.
  • Options
    Not related to Murray directly but as sportsman he maybe should have thought about sports funding for an independent Scotland. There was an interesting story on SSN on Wednesday (I think) about how funding would be affected if the 'yes' vote won. Edinburgh athletics club were very worried about the state of their sport should the Team GB funding stop.
  • Options
    I must admit, that I cannot get behind him in the tennis at all. I know we compete as GBR in the tennis, but I just find it a bit embarrassing the amount of furore that we generate around him when it comes to Wimbledon, 'Murray mound' and all that nonsense.

There's no logical reason for me saying this as I celebrated his gold medal during the Olympics and team GB as a whole, but I just cannot get behind him in the Tennis. He's a great player, has improved his game year in, year out. Deservedly won Wimbledon, but I his victory didn't interest me at all.
  • Options
    He's a twat